Ting Tong Red show

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: Ting Tong Red show

Post by Undaunted »

When Sunee was in its "hay day" no beer bars had a/c only the go go bars had it and from the sheer number of people in these bars, one can asess that it makes no difference if the bar has enough other things to offer.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

I believe that Panorama has (had?)a/c near its bar. When Oscar's was run by David, the bar area was enclosed and it certainly had a/c. I'd be surprised if any open bars had it.
However, the bar where I have usually have a beer in Chiang Mai (not gay) uses a machine that produces a fine refreshing mist over those of us who are sitting outside. Very effective.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

David and I owned La Cage for 4½ years. Throughout that time, we had an air conditioner unit above the entrance to the bar which blew in cool air. You didn’t notice it until it broke down. Then you noticed the increase in temperature.

I appreciate times were different back then. There were far more customers around and I believe exchange rates meant customers spent more too. Nowadays, even well-run bars like All of Me struggle to be financially viable. The cost of installing and running air-con wouldn’t be covered by any additional profit.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Daniel wrote: Nowadays, even well-run bars like All of Me struggle to be financially viable. The cost of installing and running air-con wouldn’t be covered by any additional profit.
Daniel I used to envy your ability to remembering names, as for All of Me they should be spoken of in the past tense.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Yes, Undaunted, you commented on my ability to remember names in June 2014 while you were eating at La Cuisine au Beurre.

Using the present tense when referring to All of Me was sloppy, but it is a good example of how customer numbers and the exchange rate has made it difficult for well-run bars to survive.

Since this thread is about Ting Tong Red, I would add that I was impressed with their set-up earlier this year when I visited and look forward to seeing the changes when I come out for Christmas.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Was at Oscars last night and did notice there was AC in the rear which did seem to give some relief to the bar/bar man. Perhaps the same at Panorama.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Sunee was very quiet tonite however, Ting Tong Red was quite busy, amongst the many falangs was a contingent of the "Barmy Army". :D

windwalker

Post by windwalker »

The Barmy Army, a figment of LMTU's imagination, dematerialised upon LMTU's demise. Most, if not all, the customers at Ting Tong Red are Germans.
Ting Tong did have a very good show this evening as it does on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:The Barmy Army, a figment of LMTU's imagination, dematerialised upon LMTU's demise.
Yes and no. We simply went off of active duty and are now on reserve status . . .
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

I concur with windwalker. Show loud but better than most. A trio of B-Boys shirtless and buff were a treat as well as a
sensual couple of boys wearing nearly nothing. For a free bar show, it was ok. Mario the savior of Sunee.
Agree the barmy army 'has left the building' (like Elvis).