Ting Tong Red show

Anything and everything about Thailand
Maple

Ting Tong Red show

Post by Maple »

Here are several photos of the cabaret and B-boy show posted by Mario of the TingTong Red bar in Sunee Plaza on September 6, 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Undaunted

Re: Ting Tong Red show

Post by Undaunted »

Drove past Ting Tong 10 minutes ago.......the joint was rocking :o at least 15 guys there and farang regulars .
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
deanagam

Post by deanagam »

I stumbled upon their shows last Tuesday. Quite a complete repertoire for a gay bar.
My only complaint is the lack of air con, as the multitude of stand and ceiling fans at full blast for ventilation ruined my long hair coiffure.
Hot tea cost 50 baht . Staff were friendly. Shows were slated for Tuesday's and Saturdays. No cover charge as I sat at the bar, but I doubt if there was one for the seats at the tables in front. I wonder if the shows would be affected by rain since they performed on the road without canopy.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

I believe that Ting Tong is hoping that the shows attract customers who will spend some money on food and drinks.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

deanagam wrote:My only complaint is the lack of air con . . . Hot tea cost 50 baht.
A drink and a show for 50 baht sounds very reasonable, even if the bar uses fans in lieu of air con. I would suggest that the bar increases its prices and invests in air con, but I think many customers would rather sweat like a glass blower's arse than pay more for a drink.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Ting Tong Red is an open air bar just like all the other bars of this type. No reason to have Air Con as none of similar bars in Sunee, Boyztown or Jomtien have it. AC would only detract from the ambiance of a bistro type bar. Different from a go-go bar which is enclosed and where AC is appropriate.

Enclosing the bar and having AC would only lose them customers and money. No call to denigrate the paying customers who do go there and spend money compared to some on this forum who don't put their money where their mouth is.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I’ve been in many ‘open’ bars in Thailand that have air con. Obviously, it’s not as effective as it would be in an enclosed bar, but it’s enough to bring the temperature down by a few degrees. Panorama, Oscars, The Colonial have/had air con and it did make a difference. However, installing and running the air con is not cheap.

I wasn’t criticising those for whom the price of a drink is more important than comfort, I was simply making an observation. You pay your money and you takes your choice.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Daniel wrote:I’ve been in many ‘open’ bars in Thailand that have air con.
Would you mind naming some of those bars? I can't think of any.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I did name a few you might know: Panorama, Oscars, The Colonial.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Daniel wrote:I did name a few you might know: Panorama, Oscars, The Colonial.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember air conditioning in those bars. If they had it, I never noticed or felt it.

In any case, if a bar doesn't have air conditioning, but you want air conditioning, have you suggested it to the bar owner?