Owning a Car in Thailand

Anything and everything about Thailand
mahjongguy

Re: Owning a Car in Thailand

Post by mahjongguy »

I hope you're not one of the farang I see driving around on a scooter carrying a golf bag sideways.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

I hope you are not one of the farangs who ride bicycles along crowded, busy streets and are a bigger menace than motorbike riders. And I've yet to see one with a helmet.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

My motorbike is my third leg...(well, maybe fourth), and I couldn't live without it.

I know it's a bit dangerous in a place like Pattaya but I accept the risks and just try to be careful. Being careful over here on the road means being constantly aware of any/all moving objects around you because these bastards will cut you off or barge into your lane without a seconds thought. Then there's the kami kazi soi dogs who will attempt suicide at any given moment, and of course those fu*king buses. For those of you who drive over here you know exactly what I mean...those "move-over or get-flattened" death machines with blast horns better suited for the Titanic are moving nightmares.

I love my motorbike, but I also understand that life only moves forward (never backwards) and the day will come when my reflexes will weaken and my bones will become too brittle to withstand a fall, thus the reason for my contemplating getting a car...a Jeep...a tank, whatever. Maybe a bus would work better.