Sunee Plaza's Elephant Plaza bar and restaurant to reopen soon

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Sunee Plaza's Elephant Plaza bar and restaurant to reopen soon

Post by Gaybutton »

Information has changed rapidly. Only a couple nights ago Elephant Plaza closed. The furniture had been stacked up and the liquor had been removed. We didn't know for how long it would remain closed, whether it would reopen at all, be placed up for sale, or anything else.

Today I received confirmation from a reliable source who wishes to remain anonymous that Elephant Plaza will indeed reopen soon, but I do not yet have the opening date. The date, of course, will be posted once the information becomes available.

The former All of Me staff has been hired to run Elephant Plaza and both Boss and Jay-Jay, who had been the managers for All of Me, will be the co-managers. They are quite capable.

As further information becomes available, it will be posted.
Maple

Re: Sunee Plaza's Elephant Plaza bar and restaurant to reopen soon

Post by Maple »

The sliding glass doors at the Elephant Plaza Restaurant were closed tight tonight. But there was a new sign posted stating that the restaurant and bar will re-open on Monday, September 5.
homburg

Post by homburg »

Last I heard was that the Belgium owner of Double Shot was going to take it over, however that was a month ago and a lot can change in Pattaya during that time. But good to know it is opening and also that the All Of Me staff are to be re-hired irrespective of who the new operator is.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Elephant Plaza did indeed reopen last night. I went with a couple friends. When we arrived every table was full. The boys from All of Me and All of Me Too were all there and very friendly and attentive. Massage chairs are also set up outside and traditional massage and foot massages are available for 150 baht. As an opening night special, drinks were 50 baht.

For the time being, the restaurant is open for breakfast only.

Just next door is Ting Tong Red. Plenty of boys there too. Tonight, Tuesday, Ting Tong Red puts on their show right there at "The Beach" just in front of Monty's old pool.

This could be just the spark Sunee Plaza needs to come back to life. I hope the efforts succeed.
a447

Post by a447 »

"The boys from All of Me and All of Me Too were all there and very friendly and attentive. "

That's great news! So who was there? Both Tons? Boss and JJ?

Let's hope enough people patronise the place. I think I'll cancel my New Year trip to Taiwan and make it back to Pattaya instead and do my bit.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

a447 wrote:"The boys from All of Me and All of Me Too were all there and very friendly and attentive. "

That's great news! So who was there? Both Tons? Boss and JJ?

Let's hope enough people patronise the place. I think I'll cancel my New Year trip to Taiwan and make it back to Pattaya instead and do my bit.
I would suggest before you do your "bit" you wait to see how this story unfolds, as I don't think you would change your plans on the strength of one bar closing and another reopening (for now).
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote:That's great news! So who was there? Both Tons? Boss and JJ?
Yes, they all are there and doing an outstanding job of making every customer feel welcome and appreciated.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:
a447 wrote:That's great news! So who was there? Both Tons? Boss and JJ?
Yes, they all are there and doing an outstanding job of making every customer feel welcome and appreciated.
I am all for supporting gay business anywhere however, by doing so in the case of Sunee Plaza do we inadvertently hurt those we seek to help by giving then false hope and in turn are we sending the wrong message to unsuspecting travelers?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:are we sending the wrong message to unsuspecting travelers?
I don't see how. If people go to Sunee Plaza and like what they see, wonderful. If not, it's not exactly a major trek to move on to Boystown or Jomtien Complex or the nearest internet shop to try the gay hookup apps.

To me, if there's a wrong message, it would be a message discouraging people from seeing for themselves and judging for themselves. The only unsuspecting travelers this board could possibly be sending a message to would be people reading this board, but not reading the posts about the goings-on in Sunee Plaza, along with the other gay venue areas.