All of Me and All of Me Too bars close permanently as of August 30

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: All of Me and All of Me Too bars close permanently as of August 30

Post by Undaunted »

Oliver wrote: My guess is that the next soi to respond to the drop in visitor numbers will be Pattayaland Soi 1, where there are too many go go bars. I could name six which have already closed over the past few years.
By the way, fifteen years ago, Pattayaland Soi 2 was THE straight area in Pattaya; it even ran its own tuk-tuk service. I recall it being packed...which leads me to my final question; is the commercial straight scene facing similar problems?
Totally agree about BT. Soi 1.........I often am around Beach road and Soi Bukow....In the evening there appears to be no shortage of farang punters.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

neddy3 wrote:
Up2u wrote:A friend told me last week that Ducs would be closing (if it hadn't closed already). Some of the staff there already moved to Ting Tong Red.
Yes, Ducs bar has been closed for some weeks already.

There is only about 15 gay venues left in the Sunee region.
A friend of mine that used to have a bar in Sunee and is very Sunee savvy came to visit me today, I mentioned to him that I had read that there are 15 gay venues opened in Sunee he said where did you see that, I proceeded to show him this quoted post he said it would be interesting to see a list of all the venues still open......Let's see:

1. Eros
2. Come In
3. Corner Bar
4. One Bar
5. Nice boys
6. Goodboys
7 Go Go next to Nice boys ( I never can remember its name)
8. Oud's Cafe
9. Marina rest or bar (can't figure what this one is about).
10. Green Plastic chair bar (does it have a name?).
11. The Frenchmen's bar next to Corner Bar?
12. Ting Tong Red
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: 7 Go Go next to Nice boys ( I never can remember its name)
Power Boys

I don't know how up to date it is, but a map of all the Sunee Plaza gay venues can be seen at:

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pat ... nee-plaza/

And around the Tuk Com area there are still gay massages.
a447

Post by a447 »

And don't forget Queens Bar next to Eros.
NickysGayPattaya

Post by NickysGayPattaya »

Gaybutton wrote:I don't know how up to date it is, but a map of all the Sunee Plaza gay venues can be seen at:

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pat ... nee-plaza/
The map should be completely up to date. I was last in Sunee two weeks ago and I upated it fully then. I've just (this evening) taken the two All of Me bars off.
homburg

Post by homburg »

Undaunted wrote:A friend of mine that used to have a bar in Sunee and is very Sunee savvy
1. Eros 2. Come In 3. Corner Bar 4. One Bar 5. Nice boys 6. Goodboys 7 Go Go next to Nice boys ( I never can remember its name) 8. Oud's Cafe
9. Marina rest or bar (can't figure what this one is about). 10. Green Plastic chair bar (does it have a name?). 11. The Frenchmen's bar next to Corner Bar? 12. Ting Tong Red
Yet not savvy enough to help you finish the list of current sunee bars. One of the most obvious and long running...Forest Bar as well as New Queens, Rainbow, Eden, Euro, Blue Chilli, Diamond that's 19 also Elephant Hotel with bar...20!
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Shortly before 6PM today I went to Ting Tong Red, I had a G&T 50bht I was about to order another when the staff began shrieking at each other in I guess Khmer, one left the shrieking and laid down on red sofa directly across from me and apparently went to sleep. needless to say I didn't order another drink, put money in the bin and left.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:the staff began shrieking at each other
What kind of shrieking was it? Were they arguing? Was it the "lady boy screech"? Something else?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:
Undaunted wrote:the staff began shrieking at each other
What kind of shrieking was it? Were they arguing? Was it the "lady boy screech"? Something else?
Appearance wise no shrieking wise yes, maybe it's a Cambodian gay thing.
gumbleby

Post by gumbleby »

I was in Pattaya last week after almost a year (visited all 3 area's). I was surprised by how quiet Pattaya has become.. Not only in the gay bars, some lady bars we visited were also very quiet. Even traffic was quieter than I am used to (e.g. Phratamnak road looked almost empty late at night). The number of tour buses didn't appear to have dimished though. I had the impression there were more Indians than before.

Boystown was quiet, but it was doing better than Sunee Plaza and Jomtien Complex. At times some bars were busy (e.g. New Cafe Royal was packed at show-time). I never felt to be the only customer.

Sunee Plaza made me feel a bit uneasy because of the number of empty units I had to pass to get to the bars. I had the impression quite a few boys had given up even trying to pull customers in. At several places I was or would have been the only customer, which is no problem if you know the staff, but can be daunting otherwise.

Jomtien Complex felt much more energetic, with hardly any empty units. Most bars had a few customers. Many cute boys from Cambodia or Laos, I had a lot of fun at some bars.

The number of rows at the beach concessions has diminished, which made for a more open feeling, which also helped to diminish the number of empty seats. There were a few beach boys at times, and a lot of the massage guys were busy.

Many massage places I passed everywhere had no visible customers.