12 Years in Pattaya..Then and Now...part 1

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: 12 Years in Pattaya..Then and Now...part 1

Post by Undaunted »

In Sunee.....Seven Restaurant named Seven as the owners' name was Sven, In the location where All of Me message is Charlie (Italian rest.)
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Geezer wrote:
Undaunted wrote:
Dodger wrote:Does anybody remember "Moonlight"
Yes, I remember Moonlight. I offed a lad from there,took him back to the Ambiance.

When I gave the boy’s ID to the desk clerk he said, “That’s MY ID. It disappeared a couple of weeks ago."

The desk clerk kept the ID; the boy returned to Moonlight.

So did I -- to get the off fee refunded.
Who can forget the Moonlight, one of my favorite bars along with Tai Boys, GMC, Charley Boys and the old Starboys. Many of these bars had one thing in common, music where you could actually carry-on a conversation.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

A poster mentioned Tarzan in the Sunee but before that it was Nok Nok (Nok = bird in Thai). Nok Nok if memory serves me right was the old location of Kaos before it moved to its location by Peter's Crazy Pub. This of course was last century. There was also a dump called Super Queen opposite the Marina pool. Speaking of dives which no one has mentioned was Amigo bar which gave Sunee it's reputation and which should have been closed the day it opened.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Up2u wrote: Speaking of dives which no one has mentioned was Amigo bar which gave Sunee it's reputation and which should have been closed the day it opened.
Totally disagree! Though not a favorite of mine no one was forced to work there or to patronize the place. When I moved here I brought with me all my western views of morality however, after living here a couple of years I realized it served no purpose to judge other people's sense of morality, it was exactly others deciding what was right and wrong that began the demise of Sunee Plaza.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Moonlight was the first bar I visited when I arrived, open-mouthed in disbelief, in 1996. I mentioned in my post about Gentlemen's that the guys there wore red kimonos. At Moonlight, the kimonos were green. And the dancers looked very cute in them.
I recall that the dancers actually....well, danced. Energetically, too. Three at a time, I think.
I have to say that I'm enjoying these memories. I hope the thread will continue.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Undaunted wrote:Tom was a one time b/f of the Big guy
I remember the Big Guy farang. He was a major sponsor of Tom. I was jealous of him for Tom and other things. The boys loved it when he would wander through Sunee to pick up Tom. He would scoop up boys as he walked through and host bar owners would wonder where their staff went. The boys seem to love him. Alas I didn't have the resources to compete so on those night I would watch quietly as my SatinDoll would join the group.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Undaunted...I remember All Boys Bar on soi Yensabai well. I don't think this forum will tolerate any stories from that place.

Oliver...You mention Bar 69 in Sunee. I went in once and quickly became afraid of the boys. I left as soon as i could. Some farangs enjoyed it a lot.

But there was another 69 Club. Back in 1998 I took a 14 day Cathy Pacific Tour to Hong Kong, BKK and Pattaya as my first holiday seeking the young men of Thailand that I read so much about in magazines and travel guides. My virginity was taken in Bkk but I fell in love in Pattaya. I had a choise of hotels...either the Siam Bayview or the Siam Bayshore. I took the Bayshore at the southern end of what's now Walking Street because I had read there was a gay bar just south of the hotel called 69 Club.
The first night I got there just before 8:00 and shyly wandered in. No one was there. As I turned to leave the Swiss owner (they're everywhere) called to me and explained to me the bar didn't open for half an hour. He offered me a drink and sat and chatted. I told him I was a newby and so he took the time to make me familiar with the process. Finally he said that he had a boy that had just come from the Issan rice fields the night before and the owner thought it might be a good idea if 2 newbies discovered things together. He introduce me to a sweet boy named Chai.

Chai came to hotel and together we negociated the registration of a "roommate" with reception. He stayed with me the next 5 nights until I had to return to Bkk. Together we explored Pattay's daytime attraction, nighttime entertainment and, best of all, each other. Due to inexperience our bedtime activity was slow and tentative but by the last night we had graduated to intimate friends and parting brought a tear to eye of both of us.

The following year I returned for 3 weeks in Pattaya only and planned to pick up with Chai where I left off. But such is Pattaya's gay scene, neither 69Club nor Chai were there. I never saw Chai again but I will never forget my first relationship with a Thai boy. I was lost for a day but then on Jomtien beach under a large palm-frond umbrella I met the twosome Ott and Sutas and they became a large part of my next 4 years of holidays in paradise.

Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Doug wrote:
Undaunted wrote:Tom was a one time b/f of the Big guy
I remember the Big Guy farang. He was a major sponsor of Tom. I was jealous of him for Tom and other things. The boys loved it when he would wander through Sunee to pick up Tom. He would scoop up boys as he walked through and host bar owners would wonder where their staff went. The boys seem him to love him. Alas I didn't have the resources to compete so on those night I would watch quietly as my SatinDoll would join the group.
Hi Doug, I knew the Big Guy as well as anyone could, no one loved him. They loved that he was flush with cash. He would go into Kaos and think nothing of offing 10 of the best looking working that night....Knowing him as I did I realized that a good part of his enjoyment was that other farang's would be impressed. He was eventually fairly at ease with me and admitted he was a lot of flash with sporadic cash....often joggled debt to support his extravagances.......Nothing is ever as it seems!
loke

Post by loke »

Gaybutton wrote:And my all time favorite - "Ice cream ka"

Hey that ice cream seller is still around. Every day around Jomtien beach , I have talked to him many times, funny guy. That picture must have been taken 10 years ago ?

He is wearing a yellow hat and often he dresses in a feminine costume. Still selling icecream khaaa.
Also he will entertain you with some dancing inside Jomtien complex at night .
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

loke wrote:That picture must have been taken 10 years ago ?
Probably longer than that by now. I'm glad he is still around, although I haven't spotted him lately.