12 Years in Pattaya..Then and Now...part 1

Anything and everything about Thailand
windwalker

Re: 12 Years in Pattaya..Then and Now...part 1

Post by windwalker »

Gaybutton wrote:I also remember a short lived bar in the same location where the La Marina restaurant is, in Sunee Plaza. I've forgotten the name of the bar. Maybe someone remembers.
Jungle Boys?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:
Gaybutton wrote:I also remember a short lived bar in the same location where the La Marina restaurant is, in Sunee Plaza. I've forgotten the name of the bar. Maybe someone remembers.
Jungle Boys?
It wasn't Jungle Boys. Jungle Boys was on the same soi where All of Me is. I forget exactly where, but it was on that soi.

But I'm glad you mentioned Jungle Boys. Remember Mike-George? That was his bar. He's another one who disappeared from the scene. I believe he went back to his home country.

Jungle Boys was innovative, but really didn't work because there were a lot of private alcoves and you really couldn't see the dancers very well. I really liked it, but apparently I was in the minority. It was another bar that drew crowds when it first opened, but didn't take long to fizzle out.

That was in September of 2007. At that time I wrote a report. I still have it. Here it is:
Gaybutton wrote:Early next week, possibly as soon as Monday evening, Pattaya's newest gay go-go bar,
Jungle Boys, will open in Sunee Plaza. This evening the owner invited me for "the grand tour."

This is going to be a bar like nothing you've ever seen in Pattaya, or anywhere else in Thailand for that matter.
It is a totally innovative concept.

The bar is owned by the same people who own the Don Plaza Hotel and the Clubbing Clubbers restaurant.

You'll realize you're in for a whole new experience the moment you walk in the door. The bar has loads of private little cubicles,
where you can watch the go-go boys and/or have a boy sit with you. There is no stage. The boys will be moving from position
to position, some on tables in close proximity and some at more of a distance. There will even be "display" boys who won't
be dancing at all, but will be readily available.

Every privacy area will have its own ceiling fan to enhance the air conditioning. The air conditioning will be plenty powerful.
This won't be one of those bars at which you'll walk out the door sweating. The interior decor is beautiful.
It reminded me of the Babylon Sauna in Bangkok.

The seating will be quite comfortable and each privacy cubicle will have its own unique features.

They are paying special attention to the 'little things' too. I didn't think to ask whether smoking will be allowed inside,
but I have a feeling there will be no smoking. We'll see. But the music will be subdued.

The owner told me he's just as tired as many of us of the bars where you have to shout just to be heard at all.

I was assured that every boy will be at least 18 years old.
They are recruiting boys who have not worked in Pattaya before. They want a "fresh crop."

I wish I could describe it better for you. I don't know how. However, I think most people will be very pleased with
this bar and will understand what I'm talking about when I say you've never seen anything like it in Thailand.

I'll try to be there the night they open and report more of what I see and experience.

So far, I must say that I'm truly impressed."
a447

Post by a447 »

Ah, yes. Butts bar. If memory serves me right, it later changed into Holiday and was opposite Nice Boys/Power Boys.

You'd walk inside and they would lock the door behind you. A number of guys - most of them unattractive -would be sitting on stage jacking off. The customers would call the boys over to chuck wow them.

I remember the night a German guy jacked a guy off and had him cum in his whisky, which he then proceeded to drink. The boy was soon sitting with another customer being jacked off again! Such stamina!

The present day Goodboys is an up-market (everything's relative) reincarnation of Butts/Holiday.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

a447 wrote:Ah, yes. Butts bar. If memory serves me right, it later changed into Holiday and was opposite Nice Boys/Power Boys.

The present day Goodboys is an up-market (everything's relative) reincarnation of Butts/Holiday.
Hardly :roll:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
a447

Post by a447 »

As I said everything's relative! Lol
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Wan't there a Tarzan Boys as well as a Jungle Boys? I thought that, after Jungle Boys' closure, it (or a variant thereof) moved down the soi (Forest House direction).

Another little known place (a friend of mine was a regular though I never went there) was Bar 69 or 69 Bar which was isolated in one of those little sois which leads from Soi VC to the busy street with the Sikh temple, the name of which I forget. Sometimes, my motor-cy taxi used it to to get me back to Boyztown.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Undaunted wrote:
Dodger wrote:Does anybody remember "Moonlight"
Yes, I remember Moonlight. I offed a lad from there,took him back to the Ambiance.

When I gave the boy’s ID to the desk clerk he said, “That’s MY ID. It disappeared a couple of weeks ago."

The desk clerk kept the ID; the boy returned to Moonlight.

So did I -- to get the off fee refunded.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Geezer wrote:The desk clerk kept the ID; the boy returned to Moonlight.

So did I -- to get the off fee refunded.
Jim Lumsden told me that story years ago. Until now, I had no idea it was you. Only Geezer. I hope you got your refund. Did you?

It reminds me of the time a fellow I know accidentally gave a motorbike taxi driver a 1000 baht note for a 20 baht ride. He didn't realize it until the boys who saw it told him about it. By then it was too late. The driver had already taken off - as quickly as the motorbike could go. No refund for that one . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Of the many places mentioned here it's surprising no one has written about the Gay Beach and what it was like back in the day. That was the first place I met G.B. he was lamenting the loss of his computer to a love.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:he was lamenting the loss of his computer to a love.
Actually it was a notebook computer I had given to a love - one of his so-called friends stole it from him.

I used to go to the beach nearly every day. So did many of my farang friends. I felt if I didn't go to the beach I was missing out on something.

That was back in the days when the water was still fairly clean, when the beach chairs weren't smooshed together, packing people in like sardines, when the only people regularly sitting in the gay area were other gays, when vendors would come around - selling just about anything you could think of, when the traffic allowed you to get from the Boystown area to the beach in about 10 minutes, and when there were droves of available boys at the beach all the time.

Before the walkway was put in and before that tiny, inadequate parking lot at the Dongtan Beach entrance was put in, if you had a car or motorbike you could just drive up to where you wanted to be and park. I don't recall anyone ever being run over or endangered.

Those days are fading into distant memory. Because of the way things have changed, along with the powers-that-be making things much worse by creating half baked solutions to contrived problems that never existed in the first place, I can't even remember the last time I went to the beach, at least not the Dongtan gay beach. And I'm in no hurry to return.