The Changing Face of Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: The Changing Face of Pattaya

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:46 am I have never seen an Indian in any gay venue in Pattaya :!:
I also love Indian food and if memory serves me when I first moved here there was one Indian restaurant “Ali Baba” on Pattaya Klang......Today if you walk along second road almost every block has at least one.
I have seen an Indian in a Pattaya gay venue. He was stood in Funny Boys, watching events with something of a sneer, whilst the staff were trying to get him to leave or sit down and buy a drink. Eventually he left. Obviously a few years ago.
Other than that, I'm fine with Indian tourists in Pattaya, since they stay out of my way.

I also like Indian food, but in Pattaya, there are some poor quality offerings and the price is too high for the standard of food. My last Pattaya Indian meal had Pakoras which were like a mixture of tinned sweetcorn and carrot, in batter, not cooked properly so they were sticky. The main course of a mushroom curry had button mushrooms from a can. This came to approximately 400 baht, which I don't mind paying for good food, but it's way too much for terrible food. Particularly in a developing country.
In Bangkok I can eat much better Indian food for about less than half the price.

I've also had vastly superior spicy food at some Thai vegetarian places for 40 baht, however Pattaya doesn't have much competition in that sector.
pong

Post by pong »

in BKK they always say that most cooks for Ind fd come from Nepal and thus dont know how to do properly. But agree with that in general its way overpriced compare to all-day Thai fds.
You can (could, its a long time ago) get that type of normal Thai streetfood, all types, but of course overweighted in the Isany direction, in the faraway backstreets of Pty, that means quite far from the usual touristy areas. Sometimes, but thats just hit+miss, also in some of the stands of the (then) foodcourts in several dept.stores/hypermarkets (but of course not that main one along beach rd.)
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

There is no shortage of Indian for Indian venues in Pattaya:

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:41 pm There is no shortage of Indian for Indian venues in Pattaya:
An acquaintance of mine worked in a Sunne Plaza bar until it closed and then had to find a new job. He got a job at Nashaa in Walking Street, and has been there a few years now (it is a large Indian Dance Club).

Recently, a few of us went there to see him one evening(myself and a few Thai boys from Sunee) and we were all refused admission because we were not Indian. If I was American I would have gone nuts!

So,a question. Were the pics in your post taken by you inside those venues or were they taken off the net?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

gerefan, they're from Google Pics. “if I was American I would have gone nuts”.....Yes Brits have a tendency to be too polite when it is not called for :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"