Gay movie Front Cover

Anything and everything about Thailand
thewayhelooks

Gay movie Front Cover

Post by thewayhelooks »

It may be old news to some, as it was released last year in the US, but Front Cover finally getting a cinematic release in Thailand at the Apex cinemas from August 11.

FRONT COVER tells the story of Ryan Fu, a gay Chinese American who detests his Asian heritage and through talent and hard work, has attained his dream job as a celebrity fashion stylist. One day Ryan's boss assigns him to style Ning, an actor who has just arrived from Beijing for a top magazine photo shoot. Ning dismisses Ryan's initial Western styling and demands Ryan creates an image for him which represents the power of the new China. Their egos and opinions clash resulting in a strained and difficult working relationship.

Over the following days, they slowly discover that they have a lot in common, and a mutual attraction begins to develop. After a night out on the town together, a Chinese tabloid magazine exposes Ning as gay. Terrified of the impact it will have on his career, Ning implores Ryan to help him deny the story. Ryan must now decide to help Ning or stay true to himself.

Alex

Re: Gay movie Front Cover

Post by Alex »

Sounds great, I'm looking forward to watching it. Thanks for posting about the movie, I hadn't heard of it yet (for whatever reason).
thewayhelooks

Re: Gay movie Front Cover

Post by thewayhelooks »

A quick update on this. It opened today. It's not screening in Pattaya (no surprise there) but is on at the Lido and Central World cinemas in Bangkok for a couple of sessions a day. Maybe at other centres, I haven't checked. Doubtless the DVD will be "available" at Tuk Com sooner or later. And don't worry about subtitles, they all speak in American.