New Cupidol Gogo boy bar in Boyztown..

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: New Cupidol Gogo boy bar in Boyztown..

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:Do you really need a crystal ball when you have your own eyes?
Yes. My eyes are telling me a different story. I do not dispute that Sunee Plaza is in a state of decline and I don't see many bar owners trying to do anything about it, but I'm not so quick to just write the whole thing off. I do, however, have a feeling there is a strong probability this year's high season could turn out to be the "make or break."
deanagam

Post by deanagam »

When the Russians started coming in droves until recently one could see scores of their ladies in Walking street bars.
If the Arabs start taking over Sunee, are you guys ready for 'Arab' twinks parading & shuffling on stage together with your Indochina boys?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

deanagam wrote:When the Russians started coming in droves until recently one could see scores of their ladies in Walking street bars.
If the Arabs start taking over Sunee, are you guys ready for 'Arab' twinks parading & shuffling on stage together with your Indochina boys?
Of course, providing they aren't hairy and bearded and that's just the women.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
loke

Post by loke »

The Arabs would love to see a ladyboy show , that's for sure, would probably be a success in Sunee.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

They not only love ladyboy shows but already have them.
If you were to travel to Jemaa el Fnaa in Marrakesh, you'd see crowds of Arabs watching the groups of ladyboy dancers, clashing their cymbals and bangles and wriggling provocatively. It's a tradition that dates back centuries....definitely not a tourist experience, unlike the snake-charmers, acrobats and dentists (sic) nearby.
You must remember that, before the arrival of relatively-cheap air-travel to Thailand, our forebears visited Islamic countries in order live the gay life- not just Morocco but Tunisia, Algeria and Egypt. Think of William Burroughs and Joe Orton in the 1950s and 60s and at the turn of the 20th century, Oscar Wilde and Andre Gide. This has only changed in the past fifty years, for reasons which I could, but won't at this juncture on this forum, explain.
Purely anecdotally, my Palestinian friend, as straight as they come and an observant Muslim, is not just fascinated by Thai women- whom he discusses at length with my boyfriend in Kamphaeng Phaet on the phone- but by Thai ladyboys.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Oliver wrote: You must remember that, before the arrival of relatively-cheap air-travel to Thailand, our forebears visited Islamic countries in order live the gay life- not just Morocco but Tunisia, Algeria and Egypt. Think of William Burroughs and Joe Orton in the 1950s and 60s and at the turn of the 20th century, Oscar Wilde and Andre Gide. This has only changed in the past fifty years, for reasons which I could, but won't at this juncture on this forum, explain.
I wish you would explain, as that would give some valuable insight as to why things are as they are!
deanagam

Post by deanagam »

Joe Orton was famous in his time for some shocking narratives of his gay exploits in Morocco and the public toilets of London. And he was equally successful as a playwright.

Now back to Cupidol.
I found their stage too small & overcrowded with more than two dozen boys , with some of them having to sit at the edges. Rotation of boys was quite slow. However many showed enthusiasm in trying to connect with customers.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

deanagam...you are absolutely right the posts here unrelated to Cupidol should be in a topic called "The Changing Face of Pattaya".