New Cupidol Gogo boy bar in Boyztown..

Anything and everything about Thailand
a447

Re: New Cupidol Gogo boy bar in Boyztown..

Post by a447 »

I think the problem is most gay visitors to Pattaya have never heard of sunee.

If only they knew what they were missing out on. If they did, bars like Cupidol would have a hard time competing.

I don't know why they don't do some kind of advertising to at least let people know they exist.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Well, I've been to Sunee and Boyztown on every trip.
As the Sunee gogo bar scene has declined, the proportion of my time spent in Boyztown & the adjacent sois has increased.

Sunee used to have a good selection of gogo bars, including outstanding twink bar such as Euroboys.
On my last visit, they had just 4 gogo bars, none of which had what I could describe as a good selection of boys. Eros did at least have the advantage of some nudity & fun, but there was only one boy I fancied offing.
Kawaii boys probably had as many cute twinks as all 4 Sunee bars combined. Then Vasa, Cupidol & Toy Boys also had some.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

+1 and thus the reason that Sunee continues to die!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:+1 and thus the reason that Sunee continues to die!
Make that +2. And I'm convinced the decline is likely to continue for the same reasons I've been spouting for a very long time - the lack of a "fun factor." From among all the Sunee Plaza bars - and that goes for many in Boyztown as well - the only bar I know of at which the owner is making a concerted, conscientious effort to make his bar a fun place to be is All of Me. As far as I can tell, the rest of the bars aren't doing anything differently from what they've been doing for years - essentially nothing. And then they wonder why they're not getting customers, why they're getting fewer boys to work in the bars, and why the high season over the past few years wasn't even as good as many past low seasons.

The last thing I want to see is more bar failures. I'd love to see a reemergence of the past "golden years." But unless the bar owners wake up and start doing something about it, I think most of us can easily predict what is likely to continue happening.

It wasn't all that long ago when Sunee Plaza, along with Soi Day-Night, was virtually wall-to-wall go-go bars, and most of them drew good crowds. Now there is Eros, Power Boys, and Nice Boys. That's it. The rest of the go-go bars are gone and I don't see anybody trying to open more go-go bars. There are still plenty of beer bars, but to my eyes one is pretty much the same as the next.

I truly believe if the bar owners would start doing innovative things to attract customers, the bar scene would dramatically pick up and improve - and quickly. I just hope the present decline won't continue to the point at which all we can do with the go-go bars is remember them.
loke

Post by loke »

It's all gone downhill now , all of Sunee will close pretty soon and be taken over by the Arabs.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

loke wrote:all of Sunee will close pretty soon and be taken over by the Arabs.
Can I borrow your crystal ball? I want to see what the next Powerball winning numbers will be . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:
loke wrote:all of Sunee will close pretty soon and be taken over by the Arabs.
Can I borrow your crystal ball? I want to see what the next Powerball winning numbers will be . . .
Do you really need a crystal ball when you have your own eyes? I'd be very surprised if what is left of Sunee lasts till what used to be referred to years ago as the "High Season".
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

The obsession that some have with the Arabs in Pattaya is puzzling. In my seventy plus visits over the past twenty years I have got to know the gay areas rather well. Although Sunee isn't an important part of the town for me, I usually take a walk around there in the late evening. And, let me tell those of you who don't know the area as well as me, I see very few Arabs; very few indeed. There are some in the vicinity of the VC Hotel but most of ones I see are staying further along 2nd road where there are some Arabic restaurants, or wealthy shoppers in Central. Amazingly (for some), they are ordinary people.
In fact, I wish there were more active coffee and shisha bars in the sois surrounding Sunee since, as I've noted before, their closure has had a negative effect on the area as a whole . Darkened bars are not conducive to a vibrant atmosphere as we can see in Sunee itself. My walk takes me past the new Paradise Hotel; not long ago, that soi was a hive of activity with its bars on the corner with Soi VC. Not now.
My hope is that Pattaya and the Sunee area thrive again. All visitors are welcome, though those who are uncomfortable in the presence of people of other cultures and backgrounds may be happier staying at home.....in fact, I sometimes wonder they they choose to stay in a foreign country in the first place.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Oliver wrote:I see very few Arabs; very few indeed.
It's obvious you've not been to the Sunee area for some time!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
loke

Post by loke »

What the point of Oliver to even commenting on this when he has not been there for a long time? The Arabs are everywhere, plenty of coffee shops just around the corner of Sunee. Arab signs everywhere.
And be careful when you walk up the soi to Sunee, they love to speed their bikes.