New Form Required (?) for 90 Day Renewal

Anything and everything about Thailand
puan

Re: New Form Required (?) for 90 Day Renewal

Post by puan »

Speaking of "bright ideas" or the "here today, gone tomorrow" requirements.....whatever happened to the requirement of having to supply a map you draw showing how to get to where you live? Am I dreaming this or wasn't this once a requirement also at Immigration?
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

There is plenty of space on the third page to write extra details. I was told only once as well.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

puan wrote:Am I dreaming this or wasn't this once a requirement also at Immigration?
You're not dreaming, but you're going back several years. That was another short-lived requirement that didn't last long.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

puan wrote:Speaking of "bright ideas" or the "here today, gone tomorrow" requirements.....whatever happened to the requirement of having to supply a map you draw showing how to get to where you live? Am I dreaming this or wasn't this once a requirement also at Immigration?
I don't recall ever having to furnish a map in the 14 times I have extended my stay, must have been a requirement 'tween my renewals. I do recall postings that a map was required by Hua Hin Immigration - don't know if they still require it - likewise, Pattaya Immigration for several years required a bank letter and bank book as part of your documentation even when using an Embassy income letter, but it was not the case at other Immigration Offices. They finally did away with that a few years ago. Each Office can be different in what they require and sometimes, even by different Immigration Officers in the same Office.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote:Each Office can be different in what they require and sometimes, even by different Immigration Officers in the same Office.
And just to make it more exciting, they often change the rules and requirements. Hopefully any changes will be posted here - before we all end up having to find out the hard way what the changes are.
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

I did my 90 day reporting this morning about 9:45 and the place was packed as I expected after a 3-day holiday. It took me about an hour. I had brought my completed information form with me, but they were only interested in my passport.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

richsilver wrote: I had brought my completed information form with me, but they were only interested in my passport.
Anyone surprised?

Were they taking the forms and just not bothering to look at them or were they not even bothering to ask for or take the forms at all?

I hope this means they've already dumped this idea. The only item on the form that makes any sense to me is the emergency contact information. The rest of it is absurd.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

The Pattaya City Expats Club has the following announcement re the information form:
Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration is asking that the Foreign Information Form be completed when applying for extensions of stay, re-entry permits, or doing 90-day address reporting – BUT has not been consistent as we have had several reports with some receiving the form and told to bring back next time, some not receiving the form, most not being asked for it at the individual desks but they will take it if offered.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Today I submitted my 90-day address report. I think this was the quickest I was ever in and out. I didn't even have to wait for my number to be called. Nobody was ahead of me. I couldn't have been there more than 20 seconds.

I did fill out the information form and brought it with me. I decided it can't hurt anything for them to have a list of names and contact information in case of an emergency - assuming they would even look for my information. Other than my own contact information and the emergency contact information, I filled out nothing else.

The female officer just took the form and put it in a pile. She didn't even glance at it. The barcode receipt they staple into the passport was blue instead of white. I have no idea whether a blue receipt means you've submitted the form or simply that they ran out of white paper.

I did confirm you only have to submit the form once. If you do fill it out, don't forget to attach the photo.
martyinsiam

Post by martyinsiam »

Same same. I did my 90 Day one week ago and the information clerk at the entry was more interested in my Personal Identification Form than the female officer. I got a copy of the report before I went in to process the 90 Day, filled out my own contact information and emergency contacts, brought a photo and a copy of my passport to be included with the form.

As with Gaybutton, there was no one ahead of me in line, the officer took the report and did not even open it up to look, put it on a large pile and stapled a blue receipt into my passport. My guess is that we are now color-coded.