Anything and everything about Thailand
thewayhelooks

Re: New Form Required (?) for 90 Day Renewal

Post by thewayhelooks »

Blue for boys, pink for..........?
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

When at Jomtien Immigration recently to apply for a reentry permit I was handed one of the new info forms to complete which required another photo. A nice young lady at the desk took me to the side room where I had a photo taken as she filled out the form for me only using the info I had supplied on my reentry permit form. Tipped her and proceeded to complete process of reentry permit which took 15 minutes or so.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:When at Jomtien Immigration recently to apply for a reentry permit I was handed one of the new info forms to complete
Had you filled one out before, such as submitting a 90-day address report? I'm wondering if they're requiring the form again whenever you're there for something different. Also, did they put anything into your passport that indicates you've completed the form?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Can you just feel the love from the new government?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Alex

Post by Alex »

In Bangkok, they neither asked me to attach a photo to that new form nor did they check what I had written (not very much) right away. I was asked to put it on top of a stack of forms (same form, other people) and that's what I did. They did write my queue number on it, so chances are someone eventually filed it with the rest of my paperwork. Why they collected these forms on a separate stack and if they will know that I've already submitted it when going there again - I don't know but time will tell...
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Gaybutton wrote:Had you filled one out before
No, this was the first time I filled out this form. I did not see any notations made in my Passport.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I went today about 2PM...Had to do 2 resident forms, just bought a motobike and sold one...was a few days early for my 90 day reporting, the only thing I filled out was my home county contact and their contact info, same for a Thai contact(My cleaning lady) my own local name and address and the plate number of one of my motorbikes, that was all I answered, gave it to the same guy I always go to and he took a very brief look at it and put it in a very large pile of these same forms.
The whole process, resident forms and 90 day reporting 25 minutes...I don't have to return tomorrow for anything.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"