Songkran Bar Closures

Anything and everything about Thailand
mahjongguy

Re: Songkran Bar Closures

Post by mahjongguy »

The Food Mart in Jomtien, normally open 24 hours, will be closed on the 19th.

I don't intend to go anywhere at all on that day.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

LKAsians wrote:It was VERY quiet in Sunee last night...Saturday night...
I heard that too. It's understandable. Many local farang are already hibernating to avoid getting splashed. Many have left Pattaya to be elsewhere during Songkran. Many who might have ventured out would have been put off just trying to get to Sunee Plaza because of the Middle Easterners out there, and have been out there, busy splashing people - and they do that far into the night.

I haven't heard whether people have been going to Boyztown or Jomtien Complex. I would imagine Boyztown was thriving. Water splashing is not permitted at all in Boyztown and there are popular hotels and restaurants within Boyztown.
painai2

Post by painai2 »

I'm currently in Bangkok, you wouldn't believe how many Pattaya residents I'm running into. I myself would love to spend this time in Pattaya, it's the splashing that goes on just trying to go anywhere that keeps me away.
painai2

Post by painai2 »

One piece of advice for any American citizen in Bangkok escaping Pattaya--get your proof of income letter at the US Embassy. You have to make appointment, but there are plenty of open slots on the 18th and 19th. The consular outreach is very successful, but the wait can be horrendous.