Hey Big Spender! POLL

Anything and everything about Thailand

What do you spend in Thailand daily only on food and all types of entertainment?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:01 pm

visitor: Up to 1000 baht.
14%
1000-2000 baht
22%
2000-3000 baht
27%
3000-4000 baht
19%
More than 5000 bah
19%

Total votes: 37

Undaunted

Hey Big Spender! POLL

Post by Undaunted »

When visiting Thailand what do you think you spend daily only on food and all types of entertainment? Visitors only an expat poll will follow.
fountainhall

Re: Hey Big Spender! POLL

Post by fountainhall »

I really cannot see the point of a poll like this. Visitors probably end up spending more on food than residents who can to use their own kitchens whenever they wish (although some eat out a lot more than others). Also residents, in my view, are less likely to seek night time entertainment on as regular a basis as visitors, most of whom will pack quite a lot into a relatively small space of time.

So I am curious: what are you hoping to achieve with this poll? If it is how spending differs depending on whether you live here or just visit, then you need a totally different type of poll IMHO.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

fountainhall wrote: So I am curious: what are you hoping to achieve with this poll?
I have already said there will be coming an identical poll for expats as the system would not allow for that many options. My hope is to get and idea of the spending habits or tourists in today's economy and with a separate poll for expats do the same....Thanks for your question!
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Undaunted wrote:I have already said there will be coming an identical poll for expats as the system would not allow for that many options.
Sorry, I thought I had read the thread correctly, but must have been mistaken.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

randybubbamack wrote:I like the poll, I spend 2500b a day , but I'm getting more like an expat since i've been here for 9 months now.
Wow! I certainly don't know many expats that can afford to live that kind of lifestyle. If I may ask, what do you reckon your total outlay is on a monthly basis, adding in accommodation, transport, phones etc.?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

The poll created for Thai Expats is now up and running "Thailand expat daily spending poll".
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

The poll created for Thai Expats is now up and running "Thailand expat daily spending poll"
Bob

Post by Bob »

On which day?
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

My daily spending can vary widely when I'm there visiting, so I didn't vote. Some days I'll stay in my room alone all day just reading and writing after an early morning wandering around. I can also be out for a full day with friends and hire a driver to go on a day trip, which can add up, too. Evenings out to dinner and entertainment with friends can also get pricey if it's my turn to pay or I'm treating them to something new.

My answer would be Bt200 to Bt7,000 in a day, if you include both extremes - but I suppose I'm usually in the Bt2,000 range if it's just me and a friend having a casual day together running around town.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

There was a similar thread on gaythailand in May, here a copy of what I posted there:
Data from my holdiay in Bkk 7 days and Pattaya 3 days in January (I write down every Baht I spend and for what I spend it and with whom, so later I can read again an prepare for the next holiday) average expenses per day:

Accommodation: 1300 (will be cheaper next time)

Food: 700 (I eat mainly food from stree sellers, the 700Baht average includes some fine dining with a friend which costs around 300 for each of us per meal)

Taxis/Tuk Tuk/Baht Bus/MRT/BTS: 400

Bar drinks (Gogo bar drinks, parties with friend in Thai4Thai gay disco): 500

Tips/ShortTime/LongTime: 600 (I went home alone more often then not, this has to change!)

Drinks/Alcohol/Booze/Liters: (expenses includes above) for me only water, Coke and various fruit juices and shakes, for friends about 2L of beer and 2L of whisky for the whole 10 days

Massage: 450

Miscellaneous (in my case clothes for me, cinema for us, internet-cafe negligable, mobile phone negligable, sauna, sightseeing, various other small expenses): 500

about 4500 Baht per day spending in Thailand