Poll-Do you like farang female impersonator shows?

Anything and everything about Thailand

Do you like to see "farang female impersonator shows"?

1/ Yes ,I like to watch them and will go to see them.
13%
2/No I do not like them,I dont want to see them.
87%

Total votes: 75

Jun

Re: Poll-Do you like farang female impersonator shows?

Post by Jun »

Emphatically NO for me. I like the MALE form. That's a personal choice, although one that will be shared by the majority of gay customers.
However, I will very much defend the right of any other person to choose to watch such shows.

What I dislike is entering a gogo bar & finding a surprise change in act from gogo to drag shows, just after ordering my beer. Of course if there's a really prominent schedule by the door, it is easier for the customer to time the visit to coincide with the act he wants to see.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:If it's any consolation, maybe this board is not representative of the whole farang population.
Let's see. Most of the people posting on this thread are either currently in Thailand or are people who come to Thailand regularly and have seen these shows and are also people who patronize the bars. So far 8 people say they like them and 50 people say they do not. More than 6 times as many are saying they don't like these shows, but that is not representative of the whole farang population? Ok . . .

I think lvdkeyes got it right when he said the bar owners would do well to pay attention, very careful attention, to these results and then ask themselves why more customers don't come. Well, bar owners, do you think maybe you ought to give some consideration to the idea that it just might be to your benefit to completely change the nature of your shows? After presenting the same crap for the better part of 15 years, I don't know . . . for some strange reason I'm thinking it might be time for some changes, especially if you'd like something other than empty bars.
Doug

Post by Doug »

I must say I am surprised by these results. Surprised in that if figured there would be more supporters of these show judging by the number of bars who put them on. As others have said, the owners don't seem to have researched their clientel. Also I agree that straights go to laugh at the gay lifestyle.
bing

Post by bing »

I hesitate to proffer a Bon Mot on the type of entertainment I really like, but this posting about female impersonators opens the door. I do not recall if the face F------ monkey was at the Copa or in its former title. I liked the dog too who was adept at face F------. I almost wet my diaper when I saw it the first time. I also saw a rendition of Andrea Bocelli's, "Time To Say Goodbye" with Sarah Brightman. This was done at the Copa one night and involved ripping the dress off the female. When tears of laughter occur, that is one way I can tell I'm having a good time. So while I voted "NO", there have been times when high hilarity accompanied the impersonators, so it is a "no", with an admission I have some happy memories of the impersonators.

Several have mentioned they like looking at the boys more. HaHa surprise, Me Too. Actually I liked the face F------ monkey as much as anything I have ever seen, those boys were assuredly not female impersonators, but entertained those who appreciated what they did.
gertrude

Post by gertrude »

I think the face f......g monkey was at THe old Birdcage go go..and sometimes wasnt popular
JerryInTexas

Post by JerryInTexas »

I have never been to Thailand yet but,If they are as bad there as they are here I would try and avoid it there also.I have had bi or closeted friends who thought that was how most gay men acted and were also rather insulted by it instead of entertained and some would never go back to any gay club again even though we enjoyed each others company.I myself am interested in men and like them to look and act accordingly.I guess the occasional comedy skit is ok but when they look like clowns and want to be taken seriously it is very difficult for me at least but to each his own.
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

May I add, that the Las Vegas Drag Shows are a sellout!
Saw a show several years ago, and the place was packed.
Mostly straights in major hotel show theater. But everyone enjoying themselves.
So the shows can be entertaining and big business.

I think the problem here in Thailand...Pattaya..is that they are "over the top"
with the Lady Drag Queens...who are "over the hill" and do do their best to entertain.

They do perform well and contribute a great deal to charity events all year long.
Some even do charity benefit for Thailand charity when back in their home country.

If they would SHARE the limelight MORE with the handsome and talented
Thai boys on stage...
the shows would even be better liked by most.

tj
gertrude

Post by gertrude »

I think everyone has voted ?
I voted YES ...because I enjoy it far more than screeching THai ladyboys .
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

That's like saying I like a needle in my left eye much more than a needle in my right eye.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

lvdkeyes wrote:That's like saying I like a needle in my left eye much more than a needle in my right eye.
Ouch! Just reading that sentence hurt.