Poll-Do you like farang female impersonator shows?

Anything and everything about Thailand

Do you like to see "farang female impersonator shows"?

1/ Yes ,I like to watch them and will go to see them.
13%
2/No I do not like them,I dont want to see them.
87%

Total votes: 75

painai2

Re: Poll-Do you like farang female impersonator shows?

Post by painai2 »

About the only time I see farang female impersonator shows is at the annual Pattaya Gay Fesival in Boyztown in early December. They're really good. One is actually a great singer. For this reason I voted that I like the shows.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

travelerjim wrote:May I add, that the Las Vegas Drag Shows are a sellout!
I'm sure they are. As soon as the Pattaya drag shows can even remotely compare to a Las Vegas show I just might change my vote . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

gertrude wrote:I think everyone has voted ?
I voted YES ...because I enjoy it far more than screeching THai ladyboys .
I have been told that the unique screech of ladyboys was to chase evil spirits away it appears to have a similiar effect on many customers as well.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:I have been told that the unique screech of ladyboys was to chase evil spirits away it appears to have a similiar effect on many customers as well.
Maybe we are the evil spirits . . .
stkyricesf

Post by stkyricesf »

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the major posts. I come to LOS to see the boi's, not and I apologize, middle or old white performers.
Again with great respect, no to the white drag queens. There is just no comparison between the asian lady boy's and the white drag
queens. :roll:
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:
Undaunted wrote:I have been told that the unique screech of ladyboys was to chase evil spirits away it appears to have a similiar effect on many customers as well.
Maybe we are the evil spirits . . .

If that is so I appears to be working!
jomtiemlover

Post by jomtiemlover »

With the greatest of respect,I believe the poll is not accurate .
I would encourage more of our expats to vote .
BeginnersMind

Post by BeginnersMind »

jomtiemlover wrote:With the greatest of respect,I believe the poll is not accurate .
I would encourage more expats to vote .
I'm trying to square the results of this poll wih the prevelance of this kind of show (and general drag/ladyboy shows). I wonder if it is that a minority like these shows - but the minority that do support them enthusiatically. So maybe the people who like these shows generally go to see shows a lot more. For a show bar, a poll result doesn't necessarily translate directly into bums on seats. Maybe I like a different kind of show . . . but even if there were a perfect show for my tastes, I wouldn't go every night!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

BeginnersMind wrote:For a show bar, a poll result doesn't necessarily translate directly into bums on seats.
And then again, maybe that's exactly what it translates to. If I was a bar owner and saw these results, I would think it might be to my benefit to at least try a different kind of show. To my mind, the purpose of putting on a show in the first place is to attract a large number of customers. Meanwhile, as far as I know every last one of the Pattaya bars that puts on shows are all putting on essentially the same kind of show. If any are presenting shows that are significantly different, I'm not aware of it.

These poll results indicate to me that the bars that insist on the drag queen shows are depriving themselves of a significant number of potential customers. I wonder if it has occurred to anyone that if any of these bars would present a different kind of show a try, it might attract a lot more customers who don't like drag queen shows and people who don't bother with the shows at all because they know if they've seen one, they've pretty much seen them all.
Bangkok_Ron

Post by Bangkok_Ron »

I voted No but agree with the posters who have said that the drag shows put on for Pattaya Pride always attract big audiences. If these farang drag shows are so unpopular why do the Pride and other charity events always get full houses?

A few years ago I went to the Bangkok Pride in Soi 4 and they had a Miss Jumbo contest - so many customers you could hardly move in the Soi.

So while many of us do not enjoy these farang drag shows it seems that we will go along to watch (and enjoy?) if it is for a charity event.

As for those of you who have said that they prefer to see the boys in shorts ... please explain why are so many gogo bars almost empty?