Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes: 54

Grimmy

Re: Should I Start a New Forum for Ads?

Post by Grimmy »

thaiworthy wrote:I thought the idea to use the "ignore" function to bypass ads from unwanted venues-- was a good one. That is how a subjective decision could be made and which have ads have a their own "value" for you and which don't.
Gaybutton wrote:Thank you, but I'm not going to be placed in the position of deciding which ads have value.
That was my point, exactly...Gaybutton.

:mrgreen: Grimmy
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Why not simply request anyone wanting to place an advert to begin the subject title with (AD).
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

That would be too easy.
Bob

Post by Bob »

As long as ads don't overwhelm the regular forums, I don't see the need.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bob wrote:As long as ads don't overwhelm the regular forums, I don't see the need.
Neither do I. So far, I don't see any problem at all and I see no reason to 'fix' a problem that, in my opinion, doesn't exist. If at some point it becomes a significant problem, that's when I'll deal with it. I don't want to load this board with rules and regulations that I don't see as necessary unless they become necessary. There are plenty of ways people who have a problem with the ads can deal with it on their own without intervention from me.
monty

Post by monty »

Hi All
I did not vote, As I use to post adds on forums in the past, But now I think it might be a good idea to have them seperated, At the moment there are quit a few in the first page, and would not like to see the board take over with adds, I read Restraunt Revues and Recipes and would read the Adds at the same time.
Take Care
Monty
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

Monty,
Pardon me but I do not agree with your post.
"would not like to see the board taken over with ads".

I looked at the coming weeks special events in Pattaya
and I took the time today to post them - with photos -
on the forum so as to remind/inform and encourage participation in the events by all.

And now, you are characterizing the postings as "ads taking over the forum".
I respectfully disagree!

Monty, Is the forum just supposed to be for the questions of where is the happy ending massage
or about the latest fu_k show being offered? I hope not.

Or is it a place to come together, ask questions, share experiences and find out
what is happening in Thailand's many places and sites of interest? I hope so.

There is much to be shared and learned from each contributors participation on the board.
I look forward to reading their postings and replies, and to contributing as I can.

GTT has a calendar of current events stickied at the top of its main forum.
As events are announced the posts are placed in this stickied post.

Maybe something like this would work well here at GBT too ???
When the event date has passed, the posted ad for the special event can be moved
to past date thread. However, the down side is that the Moderator has more work to do.

Just an idea.

tj
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

monty wrote:Hi All
I did not vote, As I use to post adds on forums in the past, But now I think it might be a good idea to have them seperated, At the moment there are quit a few in the first page, and would not like to see the board take over with adds, I read Restraunt Revues and Recipes and would read the Adds at the same time.
Take Care
Monty

I agree with Monty! I think overt ads should be under a separate section like announcements and recipes.

Tj.....I don't believe you are overtly advertising anything.