How much do you tip in Pattaya ? (long time)

Anything and everything about Thailand

How much do you tip for long time in Pattaya on average? Pick nearest figure

No votes
26%
14%
4%
30%
6%
2%
16%
2%

Total votes: 50

windwalker

Re: How much do you tip in Pattaya ? (long time)

Post by windwalker »

lonelywombat wrote:Sorry you asked

Bald fat old cunt. The typical sex tourist and probably ex pat.
I have many farang friends in Thailand, some are old, some are fat and some are bald, but none are cunts.
xiandarkthorne

Post by xiandarkthorne »

I prefer long time, too, though I've often ended up wishing that I hadn't. In spite of being a dedicated butterfly, I really do like going to sleep and waking up with a warm body in my arms. I have never been to Pattaya, so I am really interested to find out what's considered an average tip for both long and short times here.

PS
I used to tip 1500 for long time in BKK but that was five years ago when I went on my last trip there.
I'm too old to be an enfant terrible so I'll just have to settle for being an irrrrrrrascible old fart! My Blog is here http://xiandarkthorne.blogspot.com/
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Jun wrote:Do most of the gogo dancers readily agree to do long time?
My experience is based on two offs from gogo bars. In both cases, I asked for long time, and it was agreed in the bar. But in my hotel room, they came up with reasons why they could not stay over night. I paid them short time and let them go. Next time I have to make myself more clear.
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

My experience is based on two offs from gogo bars. In both cases, I asked for long time, and it was agreed in the bar. But in my hotel room, they came up with reasons why they could not stay over night
I thought that was just me :o Happened to me twice in three nights. Is this something that is happening more often?
xiandarkthorne

Post by xiandarkthorne »

I have found that the interpretation of 'long time' is usually quite open to interpretation. It's happened to me so often now in spite of my being quite clear that for me 'long time' means he leaves only the next morning.

I suspect that how long the guy is going to stay depends on whether he has a day job or not - and whether he feels any chemistry with you. I've found that offering him more money doesn't always work (yes, I've been that desperate, too...*sigh*).
I'm too old to be an enfant terrible so I'll just have to settle for being an irrrrrrrascible old fart! My Blog is here http://xiandarkthorne.blogspot.com/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

christianpfc wrote:in my hotel room, they came up with reasons why they could not stay over night.
Of course they did. I'm not surprised. While some bar boys will try to cling and stay with you as long as possible, hoping for a relationship, especially a lucrative one, many bar boys are interested only in doing what they have to do, getting their money, and see you later. If you want a boy to spend the night with you, make sure that's clear and he agrees to it before taking him off. A very common trick is the boy will arrange for a friend to call him an hour or so after you take him off, and then the boy tells you the call he received is some sort of emergency and he has to leave right away. Don't fall for that one. If he pulls that, the most he would get out of me is a couple hundred baht and taxi fare.
cdnmatt

Post by cdnmatt »

I always absolutely hated short-time, and have never done it. I just can't see the appeal of it.

Was always long-time for me. Maybe grab something to eat, or have a couple drinks somewhere, or whatever. General tip was 2000 - 3000, depending on the guy.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Just a bit of advice for those who negotiate an overnight stay with a boy in a bar and he doesn't stay with you as intended.

First, ask yourself this: If you went to a restaurant and ordered a full course meal including dessert - would you pay for the meal before or after your dessert was served?

Tip the boy in the morning after you've both enjoyed your breakfasts - not immediately after having sex with him the night before. The minute you hand him his tip you are in fact presenting a situation which is perceived by him as being the end of the service, thus the point of him staying with you even longer is perceived as being an option. If the boy receives an emergency call and states that he has to leave - then tell him that you are sorry to hear that and ask him if he needs taxi money.

On the other side of the coin there are situations where the boy actually intends to fulfill his end of the agreement but the farang, who appeared as a true gentlemen in the bar, converts onto a deranged pervert once back in the loom and the boy just can't handle it. In these situations the boy should just grab the money and run and the farang gets what he deserves. After living with the same boy for 6 years I've heard it all.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote:the farang, who appeared as a true gentlemen in the bar, converts onto a deranged pervert once back in the loom
That is a very good point. We're always quick to blame the boy when things go wrong and it might just as easily have been our own fault. One difference is you, as the customer, chooses the boy you like. The boy is the one who gets chosen, so he's stuck with whoever wants to take him off. The boy has the option to refuse the off, but they rarely do. They need the money and getting taken off is the reason they're working the bars in the first place. The farang may or may not explain to the boy what he wants. Even if the farang explains exactly what he wants, the boy still can't know for sure what he's getting himself into. If he winds up with some nut, he needs a way out. I think the boy is doing the smart thing if he arranges to have someone call him after a specified period of time. If he's happy with the situation, he'll stay with you. If not, using the telephone call is an easy way for him to get out of it.

There is also the possibility of misunderstandings. There have been times, and it's happened to me too, that the boy becomes very angry and you have absolutely no idea what you might have said or done to set him off.

Those are more reasons why I dislike the idea of some sort of rating system for the boy and his performance.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Among the 46 participants thus far, I have calculated that the average tip for long time is 1408.69 baht.