How much do you tip in Pattaya ? (long time)

Anything and everything about Thailand

How much do you tip for long time in Pattaya on average? Pick nearest figure

No votes
26%
14%
4%
30%
6%
2%
16%
2%

Total votes: 50

penguin

Re: How much do you tip in Pattaya ? (long time)

Post by penguin »

thaiworthy wrote:Among the 46 participants thus far, I have calculated that the average tip for long time is 1408.69 baht.
It would be quite funny if everyone started tipping that exact amount. You can imagine the general confusion amongst the boys.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

penguin wrote: It would be quite funny if everyone started tipping that exact amount. You can imagine the general confusion amongst the boys.
Especially once you get down to the satang. So the question becomes: do you pay just 50 satangs or be a big spender and give him 75 :o
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

Some members here know me from other forums, but for those who don't: I don't come to Thailand for sex. I have offed quite a number of guys, usually with a Thai friend either with me or available as an interpreter (sometimes waiting at a cafe, sometimes by speaker phone, etc.) and have interviewed dozens and dozens of guys for a project - and no, "interviewing" isn't a new euphemism for having sex. I don't claim to be an expert, but my viewpoint is a little broader than some who claim to be. I read and appreciate level-headed input from anyone and (most) everyone.

That said, here are a few things to toss into the mix here:

1) xianedarkthorne made a good point: some of it is pure "chemistry". Sometimes they don't "lie" their customer as much as they claim initially and can't manage to act or do what they thought they could. Think about it... if you worked in a club, how many farang you see would you want to sleep with?

2) Some do have other jobs and obligations, but the honesty when making an arrangement for an overnight should work both ways, and they're aware of it. Some simply push the limits, as many of us do at work - this can often be decided by finances and how they've been doing in any given time period.

3) Some clubs allow a guy to decline an off, some don't - and there are many variations on that. An overly-picky guy who isn't a Top Star is liable to soon be picking a new club to apply at.

4) The suggestion of just expressing regrets and giving them cab fare if they get the "emergency" call is something they know is likely to happen, but again - they "read" the situation and make the choices themselves.

5) News travels fast between guys and clubs. Remember that if you decide to mentally, financially or physically mistreat a guy in a club or area.

6) There's no need to be a doormat, but no need to be boorish, either. They're people first and your employee second
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Dodger wrote:The minute you hand him his tip
Of course, I hand him the tip when I think we are done or when he tells me that he has to leave and if I can pay him short time (instead of long time as agreed in the bar).
bao-bao wrote:2) Some do have other jobs and obligations
So far, I was under the illusion that being gogo-boy is their job and they are free the next day until work starts in the evening.

I'm surprised that there is a preference for tipping multiples of 500THB.

And furthermore I'm surprised that so many boys (the two I had and what other posters contributed) turn down the chance of sleeping in a hotel room (as far as I know many boys share a room and some sleep on the floor), long-time tip instead of short-time tip and dining and entertainment for the next day (that's why I prefert long-time: to have company the following day).
penguin

Post by penguin »

christianpfc wrote:And furthermore I'm surprised that so many boys (the two I had and what other posters contributed) turn down the chance of sleeping in a hotel room (as far as I know many boys share a room and some sleep on the floor), long-time tip instead of short-time tip and dining and entertainment for the next day (that's why I prefert long-time: to have company the following day).
I understand your preference for long time, and I'm also surprised that boys would give up on the chance of a comfortable night's sleep in a hotel and a decent breakfast, not to mention the extra money, in order to leave early. I have very limited experience in this, but when I took boys for overnight it was from host bars not go-go bars, and I tended to make the long-time offer late on in the evening. I wonder if that makes a difference. The boys I took home knew that the working day was over. A go-go boy offered long-time early in the evening may calculate that if he gets back to the bar he might get another short time off.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

penguin wrote:I'm also surprised that boys would give up on the chance of a comfortable night's sleep in a hotel and a decent breakfast
I'm not surprised. Many people are much more comfortable in familiar surroundings. Despite the fact that the surroundings may be much more luxurious, I can understand why many of the boys would much rather sleep in their own surroundings rather than with a stranger who they know have them there for primarily one purpose. Their own surroundings may be tenements, but that's where they are used to being, where they have their belongings, and where they're the ones in control.

Better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven” -John Milton
Jun

Post by Jun »

I definitely get the impression any short time that's quite early in the evening may sometimes be rushed, so that a second customer might be squeezed in.
I don't stay in one bar long enough to prove the theory, but when one of the cute guys arrives at about 10:30 -is he arriving late, or has he already seen a client?
Also, when I've walked into a bar shortly after opening time & offed someone quickly, it tends to be quite rushed.

I've never negotiated long time, it just sort of happens. However, if I negotiated a fee for an overnight stay, he would certainly not get paid that fee until next day. Any excuse for an early departure would result in something below my normal short time tip.
mauRICE

Post by mauRICE »

christianpfc wrote:And furthermore I'm surprised that so many boys (the two I had and what other posters contributed) turn down the chance of sleeping in a hotel room (as far as I know many boys share a room and some sleep on the floor), long-time tip instead of short-time tip and dining and entertainment for the next day (that's why I prefert long-time: to have company the following day).
Ditto what GB said above re sleeping environment. I would add sleeping with someone whose sleeping habits they are not familiar with may be another reason for them not wanting to stay.

As for "dining and 'entertainment", they may not enjoy the same kind of food one does, the same eating places, take their meals at the same time or share one's idea of what constitutes 'entertainment'. Spending time with someone whom one has probably nothing in common with or possibly not even like can be excruciating. Once the curtain call is over and payment is received, most would want to make a quick exit and fall into the arms of their boyfriends, girlfriends, wives, boogie the night away with mates or just slump down onto a thin mattress and rest that tired body.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

penguin wrote:A go-go boy offered long-time early in the evening may calculate that if he gets back to the bar he might get another short time off.
As far as I know, most boys can be happy if they get one customer per week. Can someone with better knowledge of the trade tell if two customers per day is realistic?
mauRICE

Post by mauRICE »

christianpfc wrote:As far as I know, most boys can be happy if they get one customer per week. Can someone with better knowledge of the trade tell if two customers per day is realistic?
Possible during high season and if they're hot. At places like Hero and Albury in Bangkok (granted they're massage parlours not go go bars), it's not uncommon for some boys to have two or three clients per day.