No
64%
Other (please specify)
7%

Total votes: 45

bao-bao

Re: Do you like tattoos?

Post by bao-bao »

There's an example of a "monk's" tattoo across the shoulders of a massage guy I took a picture of in Pattaya - it's at the top of the post at:
http://khunbaobao.blogspot.com/2010/05/ ... n-lum.html

There are also photos of a tattoo artist at work at the Suan Lum night market in Bangkok, one of the Copa (Pattaya) guys I've had dinner with with before work one evening and another of a Bangkok massage guy who looked normal until he turned around so you could see 50% of his back inked. Did a fairly good massage, though.

Here's another image showing a back full of traditional tattoos:
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

To me that's just gross!
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Wow! Absolutley beautiful...
YardenUK

Post by YardenUK »

Undaunted wrote:Wow! Absolutley beautiful...
totally agree - I love these traditional tattoo designs too.
penguin

Post by penguin »

That back one looks amazing. I'd love to be able to read and interpret it. Something like that is obviously significant. At least I hope it is. If it was all about the football team he supports I would be ... disappointed. :)
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

penguin wrote:If it was all about the football team he supports I would be ... disappointed. :)
No kidding! Wouldn't it be sad if it was just some sort of fan appreciation and said "MADONNA" and listed all of her song titles?

That traditional style of inking is fascinating though, isn't it? Do a Google for sak yan. I wouldn't care to have someone close to me having much of it done - if truth be known. Just a little too exotic for me. I didn't mind the one across the massage guy's shoulders, but then I wasn't going to be bringing him home to meet the family.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Thanks for your contribution. The outcome is unexpected. It seems that the tattoo-question is not as polarising as I thought, with hindsight, I forgot an option "I don't care". (Read between the lines: I expected more votes.) Now we need to see the other side: how many gogo-boys have tattoos? Are there any volunteers who want to go out and count the number of boys with and without tattoos in bars? If not, I will take this onerous task upon me and make a field trip this winter. I would divide the boys into three categories: No tattoos (at least no tattoos visible in the bar, there might be some covered by the underwear), area covered by tattoos smaller than the size of a palm (acceptable for me for offing), vast area of body covered by tattoos (not acceptable).
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

christianpfc wrote:Are there any volunteers who want to go out and count the number of boys with and without tattoos in bars?
I'll do it! I hereby volunteer. It is an all-expenses paid expedition, isn't it? I promise to inspect every crevice no matter how small or tight. I promise to do and deep and thorough job. You just never know where a tattoo might be hiding.

:mrgreen:
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

beachlover wrote:
lvdkeyes wrote:
beachlover wrote:Nope... don't like them. But I haven't come across many Thai boys with tattoos.
Which Thailand are you in? Nearly all the Thais I see have at least one tattoo.
I don't know. I just don't think I've slept with many Thai boys who had one. Off the top of my head I can only remember one who had a tattoo on his arm. I'm pretty sure the last couple of boys I was with didn't have any tattoos.

I don't mind a small tattoo... I don't like the big ones covering body parts though.

I always say the more the merrier!