Massage Shops Thread

Anything and everything about Thailand
christianpfc

Re: Massage Shops Thread

Post by christianpfc »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:51 pm Don't be so sure. Sometimes these places are hidden and much more discreet because their usual clientele is male locals. No matter where you are in Thailand, even small towns, you never know what might be available. How do you find out? Ask hotel staff and, better still, taxi drivers. If anything you are looking for is available, they'll know. It doesn't hurt to ask while also quietly handing over a couple hundred baht . . .

If you get the answer you hope to get, you might ask if more than just one such venue is available.
I don't think so. I have been to many places in Thailand, and never saw (in real life or online) anything interesting. There are no gay venues outside big cities, and even in Ubon, Udon, Korat and Khon Khaen there might be only one or two gay venues.

"handing over a couple hundred baht" that's very generous of you! However the problem is not money, it's that that's not a regular request and they just don't know.

A friend does as you say and gets what (s)he wants, but (s)he is not picky.
Whenever I ventured down that road, I was presented with whichever male was nearby and available, but my tastes are much more refined.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

christianpfc wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:38 pm I don't think so. I have been to many places in Thailand, and never saw (in real life or online) anything interesting.
That depends on what you consider interesting. I've been to many places too and used that method. Sometimes I find something I like and sometimes not. I've even found those short time "love" hotels that way, some of which had beautiful rooms which could easily rival expensive hotels, but for a fraction of the price and that's where I stayed.

Whether you get results or not, it can't hurt to try.
pong

Post by pong »

To me it seems it is more a matter of ´was once´ but is no more-or hardly anymore.
Khun Lung GB must have done those trips quite a few yrs ago- I reckon he had many more yrs of pension as I currently hold.
It is very clear that even in established larger towns with bigger gay presence the nr has fallen in the yrs. See Chiang Mai. Or even the nr of big bars here in BKK that migrated from closed soi Boygate to the alley of Patpong- from 6/7 to now 3. The once 4 or 5 cheaper ones around superA is now also down to 2.
In provincial Thailand and even the outer areas of BKK here most of these gay places were dispersed among the larger str8 red lights areas-also to kind of protect customers in giving them excuse to where they went. Gay places were/are often a kind of corner in a normal place, not just only gay.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

pong wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:15 am Khun Lung GB must have done those trips quite a few yrs ago
That is true. It has been a number of years.

If those places are gone now, and I would be looking at Covid for the reason why, then that is sad. Still, instead of assuming that such places don't exist wherever you find yourself, it can't hurt to ask. I would still try taxi drivers and hotel staff. Who knows? Maybe you'll get a pleasant surprise. The worst that would happen is finding out you'll need to give yourself a self-service happy ending . . .

I remember, probably about 12 years ago by now, Geezer had heard about a small town in Western Thailand called Photaram, where there were two adjoining hotels that supposedly on weekends had boys galore looking for customers, usually Thai locals. He begged me to take him. That got my curiosity up, so off we went.

It turned out to be absolutely true. We arrived on a Friday and that evening we were amazed to see at least two dozen boys show up, looking for customers. One minor problem, though - that's exactly what they were - minors. Every one of them were under-age. Neither Geezer nor I were about to get involved in that, so we did not partake. Plenty of Thais showed up, though.

Don't start planning a trip to Photaram, though. Both those places were closed down years ago and as far as I know no alternatives ever replaced them.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:42 am If those places are gone now, and I would be looking at Covid for the reason why
A lot of places were closed pre-covid and I'm mainly blaming online dating for that.

I was last in Chiang Mai in January 2020, which was when covid was still getting going and before all the lock downs. The tourist trade was in full swing and the idiots in charge of the WHO were still arguing against international travel bans.
Chiang Mai had just one real gogo bar left with boys on stage and this was the muscular type.
The others were show bars.

The host bars were dead.

There was one male massage place, with a pay up front policy, muscular masseurs and some very mixed reviews.
I couldn't find any gay venue with slim twinks. Not gogo, host bar or massage.

That's Chiang Mai, which ought to rank 3rd or 4th in Thailand for the gay scene. Either ahead of or behind Phuket.
So the phone apps came to the rescue again.
Montree

Post by Montree »

I went to Helios this afternoon (Jan 23). Five guys to choose from, I chose an Isan guy called "Lom". He's 27 with round glasses and a lovely smile. A bit bulkier than my ideal and probably the first time a Thai masseur weighed more than me as he weighs 1 kilo more.

I enjoyed it a lot with the "extras" being really outstanding. I like Helios as the rooms are nice with en-suite showers so you're never separated from your belongings. I'm very glad to see them open again and I hope they get the customers they need though I've always felt they don't promote themselves enough.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Montree wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:33 pm I went to Helios this afternoon (Jan 23).
How much are their fees these days?
Montree

Post by Montree »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:27 pm
Montree wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:33 pm I went to Helios this afternoon (Jan 23).
How much are their fees these days?
I paid 500 Baht for an hour oil massage. No minimum tip was ever mentioned and it was left totally to me.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Montree wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:38 pm I paid 500 Baht for an hour oil massage. No minimum tip was ever mentioned and it was left totally to me.
That is more like it and the way I believe it should be. A reasonable fee and tip amount between you and the masseur.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Just down the road, Somjit charge 300 for an hour's oil massage, which seems to be the going rate in Pattaya.
However, the facilities don't match those you describe at Helios and if the service at the latter is good and more, er, comprehensive then the price differential is irrelevant.