Plausibility of What Boys Say

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Plausibility of What Boys Say

Post by Jun »

BKKDreamer wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:26 pm To add insult to injury - some of the customers (from a country that 11 months ago invaded another nearby country) only tip between 50 to 200 baht - which is insulting to the massage guys - as the basic expectation is 1.000 baht.
The 300 fee covers the cost of the massage and people who are more familiar with the country say no tip is paid or expected away from tourist areas.
The basic tip for a massage is only 1000 when they provide extra services. To tip 1000, I either expect full nudity and a happy ending, or perhaps very good quality massage and a happy ending.

Sometimes, before going for extra service, boys will discuss a tip. They need to learn to do that when dealing with customers from certain countries.

If I have a massage with no extra service, I tip between 0 and 300. The zero tip is for an unsatisfactory massage. 2~300 is more normal.
The last example where I tipped low was a lad who was delivering a very poor massage. So his USP is not a quality massage. He resisted an invitation to remove clothing, so his USP wasn't sex either. Then he offered a happy ending, without any sensual stuff first. I refused, since he would probably be no good at that either.
The poor quality 60 minute massage finished at just under 40 minutes. I tipped 100 and I only paid that much because the massage place was close to where I was staying.

Meanwhile, I always tip 1000 at a nearby place, where the massage is good, the extra service is good and the massage lasts the full time. That's how to get repeat customers, which they need in Pattaya.

The last time I spoke to that lad, he said I was his third customer of the day. Sometimes people who deserve success get it.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:20 am The zero tip is for an unsatisfactory massage.
That is what I expect, but hope for better. Most of these massage boys don't know anything more about giving a proper massage than I do. A few have had proper massage training, but as far as I can tell most of them have had none. As for technique, again as far as I can tell they just make it up as they go along.

Why do I have a feeling that many farang going to a gay massage aren't really all that interested in the massage part . . . ?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:29 am That is what I expect, but hope for better. Most of these massage boys don't know anything more about giving a proper massage than I do. A few have had proper massage training, but as far as I can tell most of them have had none. As for technique, again as far as I can tell they just make it up as they go along.
This is surprisingly common.

However, if a lad makes no effort to deliver a decent massage, he needs to get his clothes off when invited to do so and be good at that part.
How does the lad who does neither expect to earn a living ?

The expectation should be good tips in return for good service, which lasts the advertised time.

The more usual scenario is either a good massage or lads who readily undress and provide extras. Sometimes both.
The one who did neither needs to find a new career, or rapidly figure out how to optimise his service to meet and preferably exceed expectations.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:40 am The expectation should be good tips in return for good service
You're doing two things I always enjoy:

1. You're using the word "should"
2. You're using logic

In Thailand? Good luck . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:57 pm You're using logic
When deciding what to tip, that's exactly what I do.
Poor service, poor to zero tip.
Normal service, normal tip.
Good service, good tip and probable repeat business.

I note some places have quite high minimum tips.
I would only entertain that idea if a minimum tip were accompanied by a minimum level of service. Otherwise there's the risk of getting a massage with no extra service and still being liable for a 1500 tip, as was reported on one board last year.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:52 pm I note some places have quite high minimum tips.
I would only entertain that idea if
That seems outrageous to me. The boy is guaranteed a high minimum tip and he knows he really doesn't have to do much of anything to get it, much less actually earn it. If it's a massage boy you have never had before, you have no way of knowing if he will be any good. And who says the next boy where a shop demands 1500 minimum is going to be any good - or the next boy or the one after that? For me, thanks, but no thanks.

And if the boy really wasn't any good, try refusing to pay the 1500 baht. See where that gets you. Let me know how long the recovery period will be once you're released from the hospital . . .

There are plenty of massage boys on the apps, and most I've chatted with are perfectly willing to come to me for a lot less than 1500 baht. I would happily tip the boy that much if he turns out to be especially good and really worth it, but having no idea how good he is going to be and have to pay at least 1500 baht to find out - that's not for me. I can't think of any good reason why I would want to do that when there is easily so much else available.

Again, for me it's the apps. If I want a good massage followed by a happy ending, I would go to a legitimate massage shop with well trained masseurs for the massage and then have a boy from the apps drop by later for the happy ending. Speaking only for myself, doing it that way makes much more sense.
Montree

Post by Montree »

I’ve been amused on several occasions when a boy forgets what he’s told me before and trips himself up.
Some years ago a boy called Neung spun me a hardback story over the need to help his parents pay for a funeral as his only brother had died.
A year later, forgetting what he’d told me, Neung introduced me to his “brother” and we had a meal together.
Then I met a friend of Neung’s who told me Neung was an only child and he had never had a brother at all!
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:04 pm That seems outrageous to me. The boy is guaranteed a high minimum tip and he knows he really doesn't have to do much of anything to get it, much less actually earn it. If it's a massage boy you have never had before, you have no way of knowing if he will be any good. And who says the next boy where a shop demands 1500 minimum is going to be any good - or the next boy or the one after that? For me, thanks, but no thanks.

And if the boy really wasn't any good, try refusing to pay the 1500 baht. See where that gets you.
Whilst you and I don't like that system, plenty of people go to such places, so on average, they must be satisfied.

However, it's not for me. Thankfully, I think such policies are mostly applied at the gay massage places with big muscular types that I don't fancy anyway.
Similar to Boys Boys Boys bar, in the way they have everything I don't like, in a business I'm not going to anyway.
I'm fine with that, just as long as businesses I want to visit don't copy these ideas.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

"Plausibility of what boys say"
They usually say :
"you very handsome man".
"Ooo very big. Too big"
YES, I believe EVERY word they say. :lol: :D
Jun

Post by Jun »

Bangkokian wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:45 pm"you very handsome man".
This is one of the few areas where I prefer fibs to the truth :)