Bar Manager in The Complex asking questions

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: Bar Manager in The Complex asking questions

Post by Undaunted »

Jun wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:44 pm
Undaunted wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:53 pm Keep the skinny fem boys away, have masculine boys straight or gay that are willing,
Most of the boys in Jomtien are skinny and masculine. With a relatively small number of exceptions at the open fronted bars.

If you mean muscular, well there's usually some of that in the gogo bars near Boyztown. As far as I can tell, most farang choose to go to Jomtien instead, so there must be limited demand for muscular guys.
I certainly did not mean muscular lol.........and if these “boys” are your idea of masculine I’d hate to see those you consider feminine, as for you G.B. as apposed to seeing things through other’s eyes best you try using your own!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:16 pm as for you G.B. as apposed to seeing things through other’s eyes best you try using your own!
Huh? I guess I must be dense because I have no idea what that is supposed to mean . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:48 pm
Jun wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:44 pm Most of the boys in Jomtien are skinny and masculine.
I'm going to go with Jun's observations. Apparently he has been going to the bars almost every night whereas I haven't been to the bars to see for myself in months.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:44 am Apparently he has been going to the bars almost every night whereas I haven't been to the bars to see for myself in months.
If I was interested in the bars, I would be in the bars. These days I go maybe once every two or three months. But it wasn't always that way. I used to go most nights. What I said was based on what I have observed over the last 25 years or so, not what I have seen over the past couple of weeks - especially when I haven't been to the bars at all.

These days I'm much happier with the apps, but that's just my own preference.

However, soon I will probably go to Coqtales since Paul K has been asking for our suggestions. I am curious about which, if any, suggestions he has put in place and whether that has made an appreciable difference.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

I've walked past that bar twice after reading Paul K's post here. Have never before visited the bar either. On both occasions I took a long look inside to really find a reason to sit down there - but walked on. I am interested in sitting drinking with attractive and fun young boys. So the reason why I've never been to this bar is because I've never seen any boy there that attracts me. It's as simple as that. So have no idea of the drink prices etc. But I don't find Supertown a fun area at all, so there is no difference in my opinion on this bar versus the other bars there.

The bar opposite, Double shot, has what some people here recommend - more masculine boys and some even shirtless. However that bar doesn't seem to attract as many customers as other bars in the complex from what I see on my walks in the area. On the contrary - the bars that are packed with customers are the ones with transvestites in silly wigs and costumes. That is what seems to fit the typical Supertown visitor.
Double shot bar should be what suits my taste - but the boys there have always been so unattentive even when the bar was in Sunee, so I rarely visited it in Sunee and see even less reason for me to visit it in Supertown.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:25 pm the boys there have always been so inattentive
That problem exists in some of the other bars too. I've had times in some of the bars where it was all I could do to get a boy's attention just to order a drink. Instead of paying any attention to me, the customer, they were busy staring at their phones or chatting with each other, hardly casting so much as a glance in my direction. I usually gave bars two chances before I just passed them by and tried other bars.

I have not been to the complex since Paul K's first post. I hope that he has made sure no such problem exists in his bar.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Walking down the soi, most bars have pleasant smiling staff who are trying to entice customers into their bar.
Walking past Coqtales recently, one made a token effort and the other was on the phone. I think the bar manager had the day off and there were no customers. When I later walked past in the opposite direction, they did have a few customers. The one who had been on the phone was now in discussion with the bar tender. Similar to what I normally observe.
Admittedly, that one certainly isn't my type, but that's irrelevant as presumably some customers go for that type and quite a few people were walking past. Not trying is inexcusable. Some coaching might be helpful.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

I like to see boys in underwear, that's why I do most of my drinking business in gogo bars (provided they have boys in underwear; many nowadays wear more, I will tell staff what the problem is and go elsewhere). On my infrequent visits to Jomtien Complex, I just walk through and even less frequent sit down for a drink. Same applies to Silom Soi 4.

Two factors, music and smokers, you have only limited influence on as even loud music from the bar next to yours, or smokers in the bar next to yours, can deter me from going to your bar.

Price is not so much an issue as long as it's not more than 20% above average. However if drinks are 50% more than elsewhere, and off-fee is 50% more than elsewhere, and expected tip is 50% more than elsewhere, I will go elsewhere.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:25 pm ..the boys there have always been so unattentive
This is a fine balance. Boys who ignore the customer are often bad for trade, although many customers don't want to drink with the boys.

Boys who harass the customer are always bar for trade. They need to recognise if the customer doesn't want to sit with them and quickly back off. I had one who twice asked me for a drink in a Bangkok bar, when I was clearly not interested in him and was deliberately browsing on my phone, in the hope that he would get the message. Even after saying no, he carried on until I moved table.
Zoomer Bar in Jomtien has some of this, to the extent that several boys will come and sit next to you, although at least they go away. They have a rather scary looking lady boy to drive customers away too and thats very effective with more than one board member.

So ideally, a bar has lads who serve drinks promptly and are ready to sit with a customer if there's any sign of interest.
They shouldn't be allowed to repeatedly ask the customer for a drink, or to harass the customer in any way.

One other way to foul it up is if a boy persistently asks a customer "When you sleep with me next ?".
One of my Khmer grindr lads is like that, now he also works in a bar. I know he speaks almost no English, so ought to know better and stick to offing him via Grindr. The conversation is far better when he has his mouth full.

I see no harm if one of the lads approaches a lone customer and asks if he wants to sit with any of the bar staff.
I expect the Jomtien bar manager knows all of this.
Incidentally, as far as I know, Jomtien is the only place in Thailand with a good number of host bars.
Sunee is finished, with just Diamond as a host bar.
Patpong has two
As far as I can tell Soi 4 is all about customers meeting other customers and I often don't see any waiters drinking with customers. They appear to survive just selling drinks.
BKKDreamer

Post by BKKDreamer »

Funny story....Two nights ago, I decide to try my luck at Double Shot as I really like those guys. I went alone around 9:30pm - because at 10pm they take their shirts off - and that is my FAVORITE time.

Well - I don't know what was off about that night but NONE of the host guys came to sit with me. I could not understand why. They would look at me but not attempt to come near me. I had showered, shaved, and put some cologne on and I smiled. So, after 3 beers - I left discouraged.
The manager that I really like there who makes sure that every customer has some company - if they want it - had his night off - so perhaps that is why?

Then last night, I went with a friend to Double Shot and the normal manager was there and it was a totally different experience - the host guys were more forthcoming - even though I was with a friend. But because I was with this friend it was not the right situation to get all touchy and feely with the sexy host guys after 10pm.....

The prior night - I was intentionally alone because I was in the touchy and feely mood for the after 10pm part of the night....

Two different nights and two different experiences in the same bar ......