Where to get Covid booster

Anything and everything about Thailand
RichLB

Where to get Covid booster

Post by RichLB »

I was told and it was confirmed by telephone that Pattaya City Hospital was offering Covid booster on Friday between 9 and 12. Off we went arriving at 10:30 spending 45 minutes looking for a place to park (halfway to Bangkok, I think). Wending our way through the crowd and waiting in a line we were told "finished" Either they ran out of vaccine or the program itself is over.

So, does anyone know where booster shots are available in Pattaya? I don't care if they are free or not.
2lz2p

Re: Where to get Covid booster

Post by 2lz2p »

Moderna is available at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya or their affiliate Jomtien Hospital (next to Chic Republic on S Sukhumvit). I think they have lowered the price to 500 baht. I got my 4th booster at Jomtien Hospital - walk in, no crowd. It took about 40 minutes including the required wait time after the vaccination. My Mor Prom vaccination record was updated by the next day to include it in the record.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:34 pm Moderna is available at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya or their affiliate Jomtien Hospital
Then I am going to suggest RichLB and anyone else wanting boosters try the Jomtien Hospital. I called Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital this morning and was told they are no longer doing boosters.

Their telephone number: 033 125 999

Web site: https://www.jomtienhospital.com/en/
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Bad news. I called Jomtien Hospital and was told they do not have any Covid vaccines. Frustrating. How can the gov't encourage everyone to get updates on their vaccination, yet there is no place to get it? TIT
Jun

Post by Jun »

It's about time they were offering the new vaccines with Omicron, rather than winding the programme down.

Try this (recent post): https://aseannow.com/topic/1275888-covi ... t=17762924
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:34 pm How can the gov't encourage everyone to get updates on their vaccination, yet there is no place to get it?
Why am I not surprised?

My favorite part of this whole episode is Pattaya City Hospital confirmed to you that they have it, but when you got there they told you they don't have it. That doesn't surprise me all that much either, plus it make the situation worse. You can call around to several hospitals, be told they have the booster, but you can't be sure of what you'll be told once you get there.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they do have it, but some clerk who didn't bother to make sure told you they don't have it.

Maybe instead of being a walk-in, see if they will let you make an appointment for it. Seems to me it would be much harder for them to tell you they don't have it if they have confirmed and appointment.
Jun

Post by Jun »

What is the Pattaya Public Health Service Centre on Soi Bukhao for ? I saw people queuing outside there on chairs when walking past earlier.
Next to Pattaya City Hospital.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Good news. I finally got the vaccine (not sure if it was a booster or a full dose). We discovered it at Banglamung Hospital in Naklua. They offer it on Saturdays from 8 in the morning until 5. It is organized there, minimum waiting time (arriving at 9 we were vaccinated at 9"45), there were outdoor covered chairs for waiting, and ample parking. Compared to Pattaya City Hospital, Banglamung is a god send.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

I thought that 'booster' was full dose unless you request half.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Bangkokian wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:45 pm I thought that 'booster' was full dose unless you request half.
This depends.

The original Moderna dose was far larger than the other mRNA vaccine from Pfizer-Biontech.
Like 100 micrograms v 30

For the booster dose, Moderna had a smaller dose of 50 micrograms approved in the UK, US and I believe some other markets.

So it is fair to ask what size dose is given with Moderna boosters in Thailand.

My own records show 30ml/30microgrammes for Pfizer boosters, so same as original.