About Pattaya: cannabis, homeless

Anything and everything about Thailand
pong

About Pattaya: cannabis, homeless

Post by pong »

Not that this will stop me from going, but I wonder: now that I am back in BKK since nearly 1000 days, today day 19 and eagerly finding out all that has changed:
1. what is obvious in this area is the giant nr of cannabis selling shops-mostly looking very sterile medicinal. That nr is/seems much less in tipical Thai-only areas. Many are in former-had to close- small guesthouses etc

2.what also struck me very much is the really giant nr of homeless people, 100s if not 1000s-BKK as such was always known for that, area around Sanam LUang, but it looks like authorities try to assemble them now. Or perhaps this is because about every day some do-gooders come along or send trucks with free food etc. I was also told to get in line and would get some if I wanted, but thanked and declined. (plastic bowl of noodle soup). But other essentials like free toilets or washing rooms are missing. But one sees them also in smaller nrs underneath the stairs of the skytrain or other covered places-against the rain. It seems even safe enough to let their stuff unattended there.
What about that in Pattaya?
windwalker

Re: About Pattaya: cannabis, homeless

Post by windwalker »

What is a nr or nrs?
KeithAmbrose

Re: About Pattaya: cannabis, homeless

Post by KeithAmbrose »

windwalker wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:43 pm What is a nr or nrs?
Number!