Is Pattaya now also still raining daily?

Anything and everything about Thailand
pong

Is Pattaya now also still raining daily?

Post by pong »

Now in BKK since 14/11 and have some more weeks to go in TH. Whereas BKK pleases me all the time-and in fact this time even more as I had some great new discoveries- since many years-sometimes ventilated here too, I had the idea om after so many yrs (since around 2000) to come back to Pattaya and see how it goes-and compares. BKK still has near daily rains-not the usual very heavy rainy seasons downpours, but it all gets wet and dripping pipes and mud-pools when you walk etc- not that pleasant. In fact it rains now too as such and that is why I write this. Perhaps PTy just has a little different micro-climate as it sits a bit different on the sea. You on the ground there probably know best. That might be the final draw to make it now-but not along 5/12=long weekend thus more busy.
(1 major reason for me would also be to find some nice Khmer guys in the Jowmtien area)
Thanks for your input and have a very happy time too!
Gaybutton

Re: Is Pattaya now also still raining daily?

Post by Gaybutton »

In Pattaya we are not getting rain every day, but it is too intermittent to make any real predictions. For most of the time, even when it does rain it is almost always very short lived. I think it is "weather-safe" to go to Pattaya, but it still wouldn't hurt anything to have an umbrella handy.
pong

Post by pong »

Thanks-look likes the same as here-yesterday again some drizzle for an hour or 2. Mornings best-as also right now-clear sky and not yet too hot.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Technically we are now in the dry season.

Sakini: "Colonel very wise man. Every morning look up in sky and make prophecy."
Col. Purdy: "It's not going to rain today."
Sakini: "And you know what? Not rain. Of course not rain this time of year in whole history of Okinawa. But Colonel not make mistake."

- Sakini (Marlon Brando), Col. Wainwright Purdy III (Paul Ford), 'Teahouse of the August Moon'