Thai Drivers License Update

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Thai Drivers License Update

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:49 pm As to the Residence Certificate, the few times I needed one, I only had to make one trip with about a 20 minute wait to pick it up - but that has been over 5 years ago, so things may have changed.
I was never so lucky. For me, every time I needed one it was always "come back tomorrow." In any case, if MOTS handles that part, saving a trip to immigration at all, so much the better.
Dodger

Re: Thai Drivers License Update

Post by Dodger »

As a side-note:

I asked the MOTS driver if I could expect to go through this same process for renewing my motorbike license in 2 years time. She said that they may not even be offering this service by then because of changes they MAY be making to make it easier for farang.

For instance, right now Thai nationals can schedule their own appointments, view the training course, and take the written exam all on-line with apps which have been developed in the past two years. Unfortunately they don't have an app yet which allows farang to schedule their own appointments, and the app for viewing the training course and taking the written exam doesn't work. I know. I visited the training website and tried it myself. The fact that the app didn't work is what led to my decision to use MOTS.

Who knows where they'll be two years from now. The process could be easier for us farang - or it could still be the same...TIT.