Chiangmai Hotels

Anything and everything about Thailand
Asia Traveler

Chiangmai Hotels

Post by Asia Traveler »

Does anyone have any current information on gay hotels in Chiangmai? Club 17 and Lotus Hotel both appear to be closed.
Jun

Re: Chiangmai Hotels

Post by Jun »

I have no information. I suspect that if there was still a gay hotel in Chiang Mai, google would find it quickly, as gay hotels need customers.

I'm trying to remember when I last stayed in a gay hotel anywhere. It might have been the Lavender Lanna (Chiang Mai) or The Manor House (Phnom Penh), over 10 years ago in both cases. Both closed.

I think gay hotels are a dying species.

I've never been prevented from bringing anyone back to my room in any standard hotel. There are occasionally priceless moments, such as the scowls from the middle aged lady on an adjacent table, as I was having breakfast with a cute Khmer lad in Phnom Penh. He was tastefully dressed in a white sleeveless T-shirt and small white shorts. I was hoping she would say something, as the young lad would have probably have found the right response before me.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I suggest contacting ChristianPFC either by PM or Email ( [email protected] ). If anyone would know, Christian will know.

You should (as a matter of fact everybody should) check out his blog too: https://christianpfc.blogspot.com
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Frankly, I can’t imagine anymore what a “Gay Hotel” is! If you want to go to CM and off someone to take back to your room simply book a room for two.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:51 pm I can’t imagine anymore what a “Gay Hotel” is!
For me, to paraphrase: A venue of the gays, by the gays, and for the gays . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:51 pmFrankly, I can’t imagine anymore what a “Gay Hotel” is!
The only significant advantages I could envisage from a gay hotel are increased probability of cute staff and the chance to discretely admire other's trade on the premises. Particularly if they have a pool.
The gay friendly Ei8ht Rooms in Siem Riep used to have some fairly fit staff.

From what I recall, gay hotels often seemed to charge more for a given standard of hotel. Whatever standard of hotel you have, I'm not particularly keen on paying 30% extra for a few rainbow flags.

Undaunted wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:51 pmIf you want to go to CM and off someone to take back to your room simply book a room for two.

Good point. I always book a room for two. In Europe, hotels often query me booking for 2, when I check in alone. If I were being strictly honest with the reply, it would be something like "well I'm hoping to hire him later".
I usually check the booking conditions on whatever booking site I'm using. If they don't have any terms that mention joiner fees or any such restrictions, then I assume no such restrictions apply.

The one other issue is room safes. I generally look for a decent quality budget hotel & outside of Pattaya or Bangkok, finding one with a room safe isn't that easy.
One solution is to look where all the girly bars are and the hotels near those stand a good chance of having a room safe. Although there may only be about 4 cities in Thailand with a selection of gay bars, there are many more with girly bars.
Of course, when I'm mostly doing short time, a room safe isn't that critical.
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Thanks everyone for the input. Yes searched and yelp etc and many times the search or gay sites were still presented Club 17 and few other hotels so I was not confident that what they offered were in fact gay hotels or even hotels that were still open. I guess the best things based on everyone's advise is to just book on hotels.com for two guests and something near Adams Apple which is (or was) my preferred club. Maybe Christian will have some insights.

Thanks everyone for the advise.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Asia Traveler: Just down the road from Adam’s Apple is a place I’ve stayed many times and I highly recommend it. https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/viangb ... type=total&
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Thank you Undaunted this looks great and reasonable price.