More good news for one of the 13

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

More good news for one of the 13

Post by Gaybutton »

First, if you have not yet seen the Ron Howard film, "Thirteen lives", don't miss it. It is absolutely excellent. Even though you know how it ends, it is still be edge-of-the-seat from beginning to end.

Thai flooded cave victim to study football in Britain

By Pattaya Mail

August 24, 2022

One of the 13 people who were trapped in flooded Tham Luang cave of Chiang Rai province has fulfilled his dream as he wins a scholarship from the Zico Foundation to study football in Britain.

Duangphet “Dom” Phromthep who was among the cave victims including fellow young footballers and their coach in the cave of the northernmost province in 2018 posted that he had good news about his upcoming football study in Britain.

After the successful Tham Luang rescue operation, Dom obtained a footballer scholarship to study at Vachiralai School in Saraphi district of Chiang Mai and is among the young footballers of Chiang Mai province. The Zico Foundation’s scholarship for his study in Britain is the latest development of Dom.

“Today my dream comes true. I will be a football student in Britain. I am grateful to all parties that are involved in the scholarship for the overseas study including Coach Zico. I promise I will study hard and do my best,” posted the 17-year-old.

Story and photos: https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnew ... ain-407693
2lz2p

Re: More good news for one of the 13

Post by 2lz2p »

Goooood news for him for sure! I did watch Thirteen Lives, the Ron Howard movie about the rescue and agree, it was excellent.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Whether it is good news or a nice holiday remains to be seen.

As I understand it, the percentage of trainees becoming footballers on megabucks is very low. If he has enough talent and the right attitude, fair enough. If he's in the other 99%, studying something likely to lead to well paid employment would be better.

I hope I'm proven wrong.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:56 pm Whether it is good news or a nice holiday remains to be seen.
Why are you negative about it? Where does it say he is after "megabucks" or wants to go pro at all? Maybe he simply wants to know all he can about the game and/or become a coach in Thailand.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:00 pmMaybe he simply wants to know all he can about the game and/or become a coach in Thailand.
Well, if he's on a good course that could get him a decent coaching job in Thailand, fair enough. Since he is going down this path, I hope that's exactly what he is on.