Anything and everything about Thailand
Rocket

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by Rocket »

Gaybutton wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:34 am
Jun wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:37 am
as soon as the clothes go on, they are competing with Jomtien.
That is a very good point. I hadn't thought of it that way, but I agree. What's the point of paying go-go bar prices when you can see the same thing in the Jomtien Complex for much less - and a great many more boys too?
I’d rather choose a guy I’m taking off from a go go bar, even if the prices are higher. They don’t have shirts on. In jomtien they do and I don’t like the layout in Jomtien.

It’s hard to view them in a host bar without sitting down and ordering a drink. You might need to go to four or five bars to find someone. You could just stare at the boys from outside but they’re going back and forth and it’s harder finding one. Or they might be engaged already with a customer. I’ve heard others complain about this also.

I guess the advantage is low drink prices and you can get to know them without an obnoxious mama San bothering you. Plus you can play pool in a couple of the bars, ha ha.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Rocket wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:33 pm
they’re going back and forth and it’s harder finding one.
Going back and forth? I rarely see that. I see them just sitting there or staring into their mobile phones. I also have no problem about checking them out from outside and deciding if any interest me.

But if you prefer the bars, then that's where you need to go. I just hope next time you're in Pattaya the bars will have enough boys that interest you. If not, I guess you'll either have to use the apps or go to Jomtien Plaza.

On the apps, if they are wearing shirts you might ask for a shirtless photo. Quite often they'll put one or two on their chat, especially if they think you're going to have them drop by for a little "visit". Also, submit a request for their private photos.

Hopefully you won't have any trouble finding boys you like - wherever you do your looking.

Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Thanks, I don’t think I’ll have any trouble finding boys I like. With Monkey Pox, will they want to have sex with me?

Besides Sunee, Boystown, jomtien host bars, the apps, there’s also the message shops which have high turnover and some real diamonds in the rough.

A guy I’ve known for a few years who runs an outside bar in Jomtien, across from Ants restaurant, introduced me to my best hook up of my last trip. I think it’s called Soda massage. This guy knows I like twinks and he informs me when a cute one is working at one of the massage shops.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Rocket wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:15 pm
With Monkey Pox, will they want to have sex with me?
I guess you'll have to find that out. I'd say as long as your wallet is open your chances are very good.

bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

Rocket wrote:
more to the point, if they are willing to have sex with you then they are probably willing to have sex with other (potentially infected) foreigners - are you sure you want to have sex with them?

as Groucho Marx reportedly said, "I don’t want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
I’m nervous now when people cough near me, I would be much more comfortable if they would far cough.

Jun

Post by Jun »

Rocket wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:33 pm
I’d rather choose a guy I’m taking off from a go go bar, even if the prices are higher. They don’t have shirts on. In jomtien they do and I don’t like the layout in Jomtien.
It’s hard to view them in a host bar without sitting down and ordering a drink.
We all have our preferences. If a Pattaya gogo bar wants to charge me 200 baht per drink or more, I expect to see guys on the stage in nothing more than underwear. For comparison, certain Pattaya girlie gogo bars had nude dancers on stage, with drinks in the 130 baht ballpark (pre-covid).

To be honest, I do most of my dating on Grindr and not in the bars. If you want to pick boys up in Jomtien, I think the best thing to do is to walk up and down & choose the bar with the most interesting set of boys. If that doesn't work, you can usually eye up the boys at nearby bars.
I do admit it's easier to get one off the stage in a gogo bar than a host bar.
Rocket wrote:
As long as you don't have visible signs of infection, I can't imagine Monkey Pox would be a factor.
After all, if a Money Boy stops seeing customers, he rapidly needs to find another job.

Jun

Post by Jun »

Actually, if a bar has boys stood on stage in jeans, haven't they effectively given up on the entertainment ?

The bar entertainment ought to be either arty and/or erotic. I don't see jeans as erotic and if they're just stood there, there's no artistic performance.

In which case, the only reason to walk in the door would be to off a boy. So that will reduce the number of customers who are prepared to visit. Those who do visit might be more likely to buy just one drink, as there's nothing to keep them there for any longer than it takes to find a boy.