The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by Dodger »

Rocket wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:06 am What song is that? I recognize the melody. I hope they’re covering a song or else they’re ripping off someone.
Who cares?

I just want to rip off their pants.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:52 amI just want to rip off their pants.
That should be the next part of the show.....

Meanwhile, in the real world the Jomtien Facebook page shows The Venue and M2M promoting cabaret shows with a high representation of lady boys.
To their credit, they do seem fairly free of the muscle boys that are common in certain Boyztown bars.

However, we can walk through Jomtien and see all the open fronted bars free of lady boys. So once we get to a bar with a show, why do they think we always want to see lady boys ?

To avoid any misunderstanding, I'll repeat my previous diversity statement. Whilst I have no objection to the presence of ladyboys on the gay scene, I fail to see why they are ALWAYS part of any show & often in the leading roles. That isn't diversity, but uniformity.

Also, to be fair, I suspect the likes of The Venue and M2M aren't even aiming at customers like me. I'm more interested in boy shows, preferably with cute lads wearing very little and some erotic content.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:37 pm I'm more interested in boy shows, preferably with cute lads wearing very little and some erotic content.
Me too and I don't believe for a second we're alone in that. If there were any such shows, I might actually attend some of them. However, none are offered and as far as I know none ever have been offered. I don't understand why. I would think such shows would pack the house to standing room only. But noooooooo, present lady boy shows instead, often with the most repulsive lady boy they can find.

That has been on my "I Don't Get It" list for many years.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:53 pmBut noooooooo, present lady boy shows instead, often with the most repulsive lady boy they can find.
Clearly bars think there is more demand to watch the fat ladyboy singing than some cute lads dancing (etc) in the smallest underwear possible. As no one offers the latter, there's no way of testing if this assumption is true.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

Dodger wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:52 am I just want to rip off their pants.
This group is Hikaru Genji. I have lived much of my life in Japan, and saw them on television in the mid 1980s, but never bare-chested.

A very attractive group, but a bit too twinky and too young for my tastes....

I doubt any of the Thai boy bars could do a performance as appealing as this. These guys are well-trained singers and dancers....
Jun

Post by Jun »

werner99 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:54 pm This group is Hikaru Genji. I have lived much of my life in Japan, and saw them on television in the mid 1980s, but never bare-chested.
A very attractive group, but a bit too twinky and too young for my tastes....
I doubt any of the Thai boy bars could do a performance as appealing as this. These guys are well-trained singers and dancers....
Perfectly twinky for my tastes & as you know, Japanese lads often look about 10 years younger than they really are. I think that's a result of good genes and eating in moderation.

Of course none of us would expect a Thai gogo or cabaret bar to produce singing and dancing anywhere near as good as a professional group.
I'd be satisfied with good looks, lots of enthusiasm and above all, a gogo or cabaret show that's actually trying to do something different and something that we want to see*.
That's a show led by slim cute twinks, wearing very little.
Rather than the endemic formula of lady boys, followed by fat lady boys and some muscular axe murderer banging his cock against a pole.

If our twinks are not that good at the dancing, just compensate by wearing less & being available for afters. I'll buy it.

[* Dodger & Gaybutton have also expressed a preference for this type of entertainment, so that's at least 3 participants in this thread. I'm by no means suggesting everyone wants to see this, but I'm fairly sure there's quite a market for something different to the usual Thai show formula led by lady boys and/or muscle boys. The bars presume that we all want to see that. Some might, but certainly not all of us.]
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

At the one minute mark it’s identical. I think Green Day ripped these guys off! I’ll try to get in touch with these and they should get quite a settlement. They can sleep with me for the finders fee.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I have that Green Day album, so am guilty of supporting this alleged breach of copyright.
They have more blatantly covered other songs, including "I fought the law". Other bands covering that track include The Clash & The Dead Kennedys. Plus, not doubt, a few that I don't know.

Steering this back to the topic, I suspect a lot of cloning of lady boy shows goes on. They mostly look the same to me.

Cloning that Japanese dance routine would be far more interesting. I can think of a few more things that bars could clone, but can't find most of the videos I'm thinking of right now.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

It’s one thing to cover a song, usually the group covering the original song pays royalties to the originals. And many rap groups today sample short melodies and compensate the original artists. In this case it might be a rip off. But Green Day’s record came out around 1991, yikes, and this group is from about that time or earlier. So it’s not clear who was first. Zeppelin, Oasis and others lifted stuff and got sued. If I was going to do it, I’d copy an Asian group singing in another language.

Sorry to steer off course, but back on subject. I love the new Corner Bar in Jomtien. They play some great rock music, and I enjoy hanging there because of it. Also some great pool players. I’m into twinks but I might try out one of the straight guys from there my next trip.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:40 am [* Dodger & Gaybutton have also expressed a preference for this type of entertainment, so that's at least 3 participants in this thread. I'm by no means suggesting everyone wants to see this, but I'm fairly sure there's quite a market for something different to the usual Thai show formula led by lady boys and/or muscle boys. The bars presume that we all want to see that. Some might, but certainly not all of us.]
I hope at least one of the bars will give it a try. I'm not holding my breath, but I believe it would be a great success.

And if it succeeds as I hope, wouldn't it be nice if all the show bars start doing the same thing? I know I'd be a customer again - and I can't even remember the last time I went to a bar show. Speaking only for myself, every one of the current types of bar shows would have to dramatically improve just to make it as far as horrible. And if you've seen one of them, you've seen them all . . .