The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Anything and everything about Thailand
Post Reply
User avatar
Jun
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:20 pm
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by Jun »

The Venue (link below).
This is not my idea of the perfect cabaret show & parts of it follow the usual format. However, if I look past the lady boy and the aspiring lady boys who have thankfully not had the tits installed, some of the lads look quite nice. Almost properly dressed as well. So I wouldn't rule out visiting some time, but I doubt I would be a regular customer.

Also, again I note that some of these are in underwear, just like they would be in a gogo bar.
So, what is the technical definition of gogo bars that applies for the alleged, but never proven ban on them in Jomtien Complex ?
It can't be dress code, based on the evidence in the Venue.
It can't be facilitating prostitution, as other nearby bars appear to do that.

The obvious move would be to open a boy "Show Bar", with no lady boys and as many of the characteristics of a gogo bar as they can get away with.

https://fb.watch/gTeyw-TxpZ/

User avatar
Gaybutton
Posts: 20098
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Thailand
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1161 times

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:07 pm
So, what is the technical definition of gogo bars that applies for the alleged, but never proven ban on them in Jomtien Complex ?
Good question. For the answer, as you gents from the UK might say, "I haven't the foggiest."

User avatar
windwalker
Posts: 1487
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:59 am
Has thanked: 258 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by windwalker »

Jun wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:07 pm
The obvious move would be to open a boy "Show Bar", with no lady boys and as many of the characteristics of a gogo bar as they can get away with.
Sure looked like a lady boy show to me!

User avatar
Gaybutton
Posts: 20098
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Thailand
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1161 times

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:45 pm
Sure looked like a lady boy show to me!
Me too. After the show are the boys available for off?

If not, then who is the show for?

bi-top
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by bi-top »

windwalker wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:45 pm
Sure looked like a lady boy show to me!
You need to look past the ladyboys and adjust your eyes to the four twinks that dance behind them. Thin legs and body, hairless ... and well presented.
Jun wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:07 pm
So, what is the technical definition of gogo bars that applies for the alleged, but never proven ban on them in Jomtien Complex ?
I have been told that the definition INSIDE Jomtien Complex is whatever the LANDLORD says they will accept, and allegedly have contacted bars to tell them to "change".

As to the "City of Jomtien", no one has ever been able to answer that question. We are Number One was there for YEARS, and had dancing from what I remember ... and I'm told that the current replacement (Viper) and others "resemble" a standard gogo bar. It could have something to do with the "envelope payments" that are required.

Doesn't anyone find it weird that the MILDEST, TAMEST bars and shows are in bar bars? To the best of my knowledge, there is no beer girly bar complex with 50 beer bars in Pattaya.

In my opinion which I have shared ad nauseum, I think the Jomtien bars are missing the boat by not having some "gentleman's-club-styled" clubs, where there is a lot of hugging and rubbing going on, as well as clothes often malfunctioning. It could be the JC LANDLORD won't allow it. But boyztown would be wide open.

User avatar
Jun
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:20 pm
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by Jun »

I dislike the lady boys being the centrepiece of these shows, when ideally they wouldn't be there at all. However, as bi-top says, if you look past them, the boys look well presented.

As for whatever the JC Landlord allows, the obvious work around would be to put a "Show (GoGo) Bar" just outside the complex. There are/were girlie gogo's diagonally across the road from the complex and what looks rather like one on the same soi as the formerly gay DD Inn.
If the offering was good enough, I'm sure most customers would cope with a 5 minute walk from the complex.

bi-top
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by bi-top »

Jun wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:55 pm
I dislike the lady boys being the centrepiece of these shows, when ideally they wouldn't be there at all. However, as bi-top says, if you look past them, the boys look well presented.

As for whatever the JC Landlord allows, the obvious work around would be to put a "Show (GoGo) Bar" just outside the complex. There are/were girlie gogo's diagonally across the road from the complex and what looks rather like one on the same soi as the formerly gay DD Inn.
If the offering was good enough, I'm sure most customers would cope with a 5 minute walk from the complex.
Interesting you say that, because there isn't a show in JC (to the best of my knowledge) that doesn't have some form of ladyboy/drag queen as the feature. Well, other than the Elton John tribute show, but then again, who is a bigger queen than Elton John? LOL

User avatar
Gaybutton
Posts: 20098
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Thailand
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1161 times

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by Gaybutton »

bi-top wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:59 pm
Interesting you say that, because there isn't a show in JC (to the best of my knowledge) that doesn't have some form of ladyboy/drag queen as the feature.
I have yet to have ever seen or heard of a gay bar show anywhere in Thailand that didn't.

BKKDreamer
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:34 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by BKKDreamer »

bi-top wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:08 pm

In my opinion which I have shared ad nauseum, I think the Jomtien bars are missing the boat by not having some "gentleman's-club-styled" clubs, where there is a lot of hugging and rubbing going on, as well as clothes often malfunctioning. It could be the JC LANDLORD won't allow it. But boyztown would be wide open.
I am here now as a newbie just a little bit over 2 months and I get the feeling that the Jomtien Complex is ever so slowly starting to push the envelope towards being more open about former restrictions.

Here are 2 subtle events that I noticed:

1.) At the Double Shot bar the straight guys who work there now take off their shirts (?? after 10 pm ??) and some of them are offable - as long as what he is being asked to do with the client is restricted to his limits. In most of the other 29 bars - the guys do not take off their shirts and allow the customers to touch and become aroused like they do at Double Shot,

2.) The guy who is the webmaster of the www.gaysupertown.com website who pushes the Twitter tweets - recently Tweeted that Dorothy's Showbar would offer rooms in their adjacent Emerald City Suites a short time rate, labeled, "Bed tester short stay 500฿‎" Tweet was from 10 November. I inquired if this was true and the response was yes, but only if any of their suites were empty when the short term need would arise.

Since there are 30 bars in the complex, perhaps some of you have also noticed that our beloved Complex is sliding into the more tantalizing and titillating space ? Any other subtle observations that you may have noticed ???

I have also been shown that another new bar will open across from The Agate, after the closed big massage shop. Also, rumor say that the now defunct empty big massage shop will also be reopened. So, it seems that most of the empty spaces are all to eventually be occupied.

Exciting times for our JC Supertown.

User avatar
Jun
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:20 pm
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: The Future of Entertainment in Bars

Post by Jun »

There seems to be something of a range in Jomtien.
All assessments made off their Facebook pages, as I visit the host bars and have yet to be a customer at any of these Show Bars.

Awful: What exactly is gay about this ? A couple of slightly overweight ladies singing @ Dorothy's Showbar. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=101 ... 9752918430

Very Poor: M2M. Too many lady boys and overdressed boys supporting. https://www.facebook.com/M2M-Bar-Club-C ... 4393715656

Of no interest: Dragon Music Lounge. Large overdressed men, plus the obligatory lady boys. All of the customers in the photos appear to be Asians, so perhaps that is their target market. https://www.facebook.com/DragonMusicJom ... lex/photos

Possibly worth a punt, if we look past the lady boys: The Venue. https://www.facebook.com/TheVenueCabaret

Maybe the actual shows are better, but surely the purpose of a website is to present their offer in the best possible light, in order to attract customers ?

According to my logic:
1 Gay people like boys. So why is it assumed we want to see them dressed up as ladies, sometimes to the extent where we can barely tell the difference ?
2 I have no objection to people choosing to do that and I respect diversity in the community. However, there is no diversity in having every single gay cabaret show in the country led by lady boys.

Post Reply