You can fly with your pet on Nok AIr - IF you can meet the requirements

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

You can fly with your pet on Nok AIr - IF you can meet the requirements

Post by Gaybutton »

And there are a lot of restrictions and requirements, including some expensive ones. In my case it's a "thanks, but no thanks". If my dog must travel with me by air, it will be the standard procedure. Then you've got the problem of what happens upon arrival. Will taxis and buses accept your pet? Will you be staying at a pet friendly hotel? Seems like a lot of trouble to me - too much trouble.

The second article contains the full list of prohibited dog breeds. I'm surprised by breeds I don't see on their list. I can't travel with a Pug (I have no idea why), but apparently no problem if I want to travel with a Great Dane.

Anyone besides me remember the 1978 TV series "All Creatures Great and Small"? I wonder if Mrs. Pumphrey can travel with Tricky Woo . . .

Nok Air passengers can fly with their pets in cabins from August

by The Nation

July 23, 2022

Dog and cat lovers will soon be able to fly with their pets between Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket, thanks to a new cabin service offered by budget airline Nok Air.

The Pet on Board service will be available from next month on the airline’s Don Muang-Chiang Mai and Don Muang-Phuket routes.

A return-flight package priced at 12,999 baht is available for two passengers and one pet.

However, animal passengers will have to meet a long list of requirements.

Pets will only be allowed to enter cabins in a bag or container approved by Nok Air. To prevent mess, they are also required to wear a diaper during the flight.

Dog and cat passengers must be at least two months old, healthy, clean and odour-free. They require a “fit-to-fly” medical certificate issued not more than 15 days before the flight. Female pets must not be pregnant.

Separately, Nok Air offers a pet carriage service in cargo for dogs, cats and rabbits on certain flights, starting at 410 baht.

Pets must be checked in as cargo at least two hours before scheduled departure time.

However, the airline also lists 19 dog breeds that it will not accept for transportation. These include Pekingese, Boxer, Pug, Shar Pei, Chow Chow, Mastiff, Bulldog, Pit Bull, and American Pit Bull Terrier.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40018076

Pet Carriage Service at Nok Air Cargo

Only domesticated dogs, cats and rabbits are accepted.
The pet must be over 2-month old in good health, well-cleaned with no odour and poses no physical harm.
Female pets must not be pregnant and out of the mating season.

The pet cage must meet the following condition

The single-gated plastic pet cage must meet the IATA on preventing animal escaping and the ability to prevent damage from animal’s claws. The cage must have more than one ventilation and can easily be identified as animal cage with liquid absorption material on the cage floor.
Height; the pet must be able to stand up right without touching the cage’s roof.
Length: the nose to the base of the tail, plus half of the height from the foot to the elbows.
Width; twice the shoulder’s length of the pet.
The cage must have sufficient space for the pet to roll round while standing in order to enable natural posture during the flight.
The cage must provided with well-attached pouch with appropriate amount of food and water.
Example of accepted pet cage as specified by IATA.

This service is only available on Boeing 737-operated flights.
The number of pets accepted may be limited and may not be available on some flights.
Pets must be checked in at the cargo at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure time.
The airline reserves the right to refuse pet carriage.
The following breeds of pets are not accepted for transportation

1. Brussels Terrier

2. English Toy Spaniel

3. Japanese Spaniel

4. Pekingese

5. Tibetan Spaniel

6. Shar Pei

7. Lhasa Apso

8. Boston Terrier

9. Boxer Breeds

10. Pug Breeds

11. Dogue de Bordeaux

12. Chow Chow

13. Mastiff Breeds

14. American Bulldog / Bully

15. English Bulldog

16. French Bulldog

17. American Pit Bull Terrier

18. Pit Bull

19. Staffordshire Bull Terrier

The company is not to be held for liable in case of pet’s death, injuries, disabilities, contracting disease and other symptoms occurring before, during or after the transportation.

Guided dogs will be accepted for transportation without charge.

Nok Air reserves the right toe change the terms and conditions without prior notice.

Exceptions: For fly ‘n’ ride and fly ‘n’ ferry, pets will not be allowed in the passengers cabin. They will be placed in the baggage hold.

Pet carriage service through Nok Air Cargo

Nok air will commence the pet carriage service through our Nok Air Cargo.We accepts the transportation of dogs, cats and rabbits.

Operated by Panthai cargo express co., ltd. and Nakorn D.C. co.,ltd. Minimum acceptance time for carriage is 2 hours prior to the departure time.

For more information contact us at:
Nok Air Cargo Don Muang 02-5043523-4 Ext. 101, 102, 105, 110 or 081-559-1112 or 097-065-3017

Service hours :
From 1 November 2021 onwards, Nok Air Cargo Terminal opens during 03:00 - 23:00 hrs. / Delivery service during 03:00 - 22:00 hrs. / Pick-up service during 03:00 - 23:00 hrs.

The pet carriage fee starts at 410 baht. For further details on terms and conditions please contact Nok Air Cargo directly.

Exception

For Fly’n’Ride Fly’n’Ferry service, pets will not be allowed on passenger’s lap or inside the van/ferry (to be stowed in luggage/cargo compartment) Types of dogs cannot transported via NOK cargo

https://content.nokair.com/en/Journey-P ... Cargo.aspx
traveller123

Re: You can fly with your pet on Nok AIr - IF you can meet the requirements

Post by traveller123 »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:20 am Anyone besides me remember the 1978 TV series "All Creatures Great and Small"? I wonder if Mrs. Pumphrey can travel with Tricky Woo . . .
There are two new series of All Creatures Great and Small on Channel 5 (UK) which I enjoyed watching
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:20 am Anyone besides me remember the 1978 TV series "All Creatures Great and Small"? I wonder if Mrs. Pumphrey can travel with Tricky Woo . . .
I remember that. I think they would have to find a 1940s airliner for that show.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun

Post by Jun »

Nok Air wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:20 am For Fly’n’Ride Fly’n’Ferry service, pets will not be allowed on passenger’s lap or inside the van/ferry (to be stowed in luggage/cargo compartment)
Where I have used the NOK Fly'n'Ride service, they used those Toyota minivans, which have barely any luggage compartment and what they do have is inside the van.

I used it twice.
Once to go DMK==>Phitsanulok==>Sukothai. Luckily I was monitoring google maps, otherwise the driver would have sailed on ignoring my request to drop me in New Sukothai, near my hotel.

I also used it to go Vientiene ==>Udon Thani ==>DMK. The minibus collected us on time in Vietntiene & dropped us off at the Thai border. The second minibus did not arrive on the Thai side. Thankfully, the other passenger was a Thai student, who phoned NOK twice to sort this out. And spoke enough English to keep me updated. Eventually they arranged a minivan from Nong Khai to Udon Thani airport.

I would be inclined not to bother with Fly'n'Ride, as the public transport is usually adequate. The first time I went to Vientiane, I flew to Udon Thani, walked out of the airport and immediately got a minivan to Nong Khai. I spent 2 nights in Nong Khai as planned, then it was very easy to get transport from Nong Khai border to Vientiane.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Many get trapped into subpar unacceptable service because they have no idea what to expect upon arrival and feel much safer having something prearranged. Often they found out the hard way that what they expected and what they got were two different things.

That's where boards like this come in. When going somewhere unfamiliar it is always a good idea to consult board members. There is a good chance responses will come from people with experience and can help with everything from transportation questions to accommodation recommendations (along with where the boys are . . .)