John Houlihan has died

Anything and everything about Thailand
Rocket

Re: John Houlihan has died

Post by Rocket »

A bad photo but I do recognize him. I’m from New England also,so we had that in common. We had many conversations at the old Monty's and I think he stayed at Yensabai condo.

He was very kind and jovial. I remember that twelve years ago he had diabetes I believe. We discussed his health and diet. I passed by him in January somewhere near Sunee plaza. He didn’t seem interested in talking to me so I just nodded to him.RIP John.
painai2

Post by painai2 »

I tried to take John’s picture once and he wouldn’t let me, too vain I guess.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

painai2 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:10 am I tried to take John’s picture once and he wouldn’t let me, too vain I guess.
From his appearance in the posted pic, it appears he probably didn't even realize that someone was taking a photo.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I have no idea who sent this to me. I received it as an MMS from a telephone number I don't recognize, so whoever you are, thank you very much.

This is a much better photo of John.

windwalker

Post by windwalker »

John's Cremation is on Saturday, July 23 at 12:00 noon at Wat Photisampan on Pattaya-Nakula Road. 152 Moo 5.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:57 pm Wat Photisampan on Pattaya-Nakula Road. 152 Moo 5.
If anyone is not sure where it is, it's on Google Maps.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

The Cremation Ceremony for John Houlihan has been postponed until further notice.
Apparently the Hospital has not received full payment for services and John's body has not been released.
Mitchell

Post by Mitchell »

Thank you for the picture of John. He will be remembered by many.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

John Hulihan's Cremation is now scheduled for Friday July 29 at 1:00 PM at Wat Phothisamphan on
152 Moo 5 , Pattaya-Nakula Road.
travelerjim1

Post by travelerjim1 »

I am saddened to learn my good friend of 20+ years, John Houlihan has passed away.

My personal thank you to those who were there to help John with his recent hospitalization and after his passing.

I enjoyed many chat's with John including our breakfasts together at Grottinos near Tukcom. John retired as Professor of Statistics at Boston University. His outlook on life and loving Thailand always made for good conversation.

I remember well 10+ years ago at a breakfast together, when the Thai baht had dropped below 30 ..to 29.5/$...John asked how low would it go? He wondered if it would reach 25 ? I replied we should be prepared for that...as This is Thailand. He agreed, but we both felt sadness. For if that happened, it would further make life in Thailand more difficult for fellow Expats who had retired on fixed incomes.

May John RIP...with fellow Expats and the Angels 😇 in Heaven.