Remember the middle eastern motorbike maniacs? Guess what . . .

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: Remember the middle eastern motorbike maniacs? Guess what . . .

Post by Dodger »

I was having morning coffee with a few of my friends who reside in Yensabai Condo's - which is right in the middle of where all this disruption is occurring, and made the following suggestion:

Inform Dragon Lady (that's the notorious Chinese bitch who owns Yensabai Condo's and runs it with a steel fist) that several of the residents of YC are starting to talk about moving out because of the problems being caused by the Arabs. I went on to suggest that they didn't have to say any more - simply plant the seed.

If Dragon Lady, who for years has controlled a large swath of the real estate in that area, thinks she may be losing $$money$$ then, and only then, will she step in to help resolve the problem.

If there's one thing that I've learned about Thailand it's the fact that "Money Talks and Bullshit Walks". All the complaining in the world won't solve the problem...but $$money$$ going into BIB pockets will.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:05 am but $$money$$ going into BIB pockets will.
That is unless the maniacs decide to give more to the BIB than anyone else . . .

The only practical solution I can see, if the BIB really won't effectively step in, would be speed bumps - BIG speed bumps that would make it impossible for them to drive like that.

I can't help but wonder, if the city and/or the BIB won't do anything about it, if the locals get fed up enough will they start taking the law into their own hands? I hope it doesn't come to that, but I can certainly see it as a possibility.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

I do ride on a mocy through the Arab area although I now avoid it due to congestion and also I sit in outside bars in Sunee Plaza and am personally aware of the lads on their bikes. The owner of a bar did put up a barricade to block them which caused them to take a 5 second detour and problem solved. There was one incident when a mocy rider got irate with the owner and threatened to fight him and was yelling profanities except he wasn't an Arab but an old, asshole farang! The real problem is not the Arabs but Thai mocy drivers who believe they own the road and let no one stand in front of them for fear of death.
That is unlikely to change!
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Last night sat a the Hamburger Ladies Stand on Soi VC Hotel watching the traffic on the Soi. Lots of young Arabs riding their motorbikes but nothing worse than the traffic on any busy soi in Pattaya although some of drivers were a bit challenged in their riding skills.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I drive through there often and frankly I drive very carefully because these Arab guys don’t have licenses and have little or no experience driving a motorbike however, I don’t live in the area and it has become a thriving Arab enclave. These Arabs keep to themselves and only the noise is bothersome and as I don’t live there I beginning not to care one way or the other.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:16 pm some of drivers were a bit challenged in their riding skills.
I'm curious. Would you mind elaborating on that?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:40 pm
The videos posted on page 1 tell it all... :lol:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:57 pm The videos posted on page 1 tell it all... :lol:
And those are the better drivers . . .
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:40 pm
windwalker wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:16 pm some of drivers were a bit challenged in their riding skills.
Some were unsteady as they stopped or were making U-turns; novice type drivers.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Most of these "Motorbike Maniacs" arrived in mid-June and appear to be college kids. I was just reading where the school year (Term 3) in Kuwait ends in mid-June - and Term 4 starts near the end of August.

That gives them another 7 weeks to learn how to drive a motorbike...and drive everybody around them crazy in the process.