Remember the middle eastern motorbike maniacs? Guess what . . .

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Remember the middle eastern motorbike maniacs? Guess what . . .

Post by Gaybutton »

Maybe this is mean and callous of me, but I would be lying if I said I feel the least bit sorry for this guy. He knew what happened to the 30 motorbike drivers. He knew not to be doing this, but there he was - out there doing the same damned thing anyway - and he was doing it where motorbikes are prohibited in the first place. He's lucky nothing worse happened to him, not to mention anyone else on the soi. And according to the taxi driver there were others with him also doing this. What do you think the others probably did - stay to help their friend or get out of there as quickly as possible before the police arrived? The article doesn't say, but I know what my guess is.

I hope along with his injury, his wallet is also injured. I hope he has to pay for his medical treatment, damage to the taxi he crashed into, damage to the motorbike he rented, anything else he might have damaged, and hefty fines for each traffic violation. I also hope whoever rented the motorbike to him is also in big trouble.

Maybe that will teach these morons a lesson, but why do I doubt that? And if he was out there racing around the sois, what happened to the so-called crackdown? Where was any police enforcement? Why in the world the authorities tolerate this kind of behavior goes beyond me and is well in place on my "I Don't get It" list.

Young Kuwaiti street racer crashes into taxi in Pattaya and loses a finger

By Tanakorn Panyadee

24 August, 2022

A 19-year-old Middle Eastern man from Kuwait, an alleged street racer, crashed into a taxi in Pattaya and lost his finger.

The accident took place early this morning, August 24th, on the Bali Hai overpass in Banglamung’s Nongprue subdistrict. TPN notes motorbikes are forbidden on this overpass legally.

At around 1.30 a.m., Pattaya Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan rescue services aided 19-year-old Mr. Faisal who accidentally crashed his Yamaha Spark motorbike into a taxi. Mr. Faisal, whose last name was withheld pending a full accident investigation, lost his middle finger on the right hand in the accident and was rushed to the nearest hospital.

Sayan Mahathan, a 44-year-old taxi driver, told TPN that he saw Mr. Faisal driving at high speeds in a group of 4-5 people. He then crossed the lane and crashed into his taxi from the front and slammed into the overpass railings, which sadly amputated his finger.

Mr. Faisal is now recovering in a hospital. Meanwhile, Pattaya police said they would review CCTV footage and summon both parties for interrogations.

TPN notes that this is the second traffic accident involving alleged foreign racers in the Pattaya area. The Pattaya Police also previously arrested over 30 Middle Eastern alleged street racers yesterday and pledged to enforce a lot stricter traffic rules.

Story and photos: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/08/24/y ... -a-finger/
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Too bad he only lost a finger! These scumbags do their racing late at night and they are well aware that few police are out and about at these hours.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:39 am Too bad he only lost a finger!
I feel the same way. I'm glad he survived. Now for the rest of his life every time he looks at or uses his hand he will remember how in what a useless, stupid way he lost his finger. I hope he is right handed. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he returns to Kuwait and has to explain to his family and everybody else what happened. He'll probably make up some story. Telling the truth would only make him look like the idiot he is.

Will the other motorbike morons learn a lesson from this and stop behaving this way? Not a chance.