2nd Covid booster query

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: 2nd Covid booster query

Post by Undaunted »

I went to Royal Garden today after already receiving 2 Astra and 1 Moderna already. I was given a choice I opted for Pfizer I was the only one in line registered and vaccinated in little more than 5 minutes.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

I also suspect Thais tend not to fix the roof when the sun is shining.
They were doing walk in appointments in Bangkok back in November, with not much covid around and low demand for vaccines.
Then in February, with more Covid around, one Lao lad I knew couldn't get a free appointment due to increased demand, so he went and paid for Moderna.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Jun wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:08 pm I also suspect Thais tend not to fix the roof when the sun is shining.
They were doing walk in appointments in Bangkok back in November, with not much covid around and low demand for vaccines.
Then in February, with more Covid around, one Lao lad I knew couldn't get a free appointment due to increased demand, so he went and paid for Moderna.
Jun, I know you feel compelled to reply to almost every post on this board however, referring back to the title of this thread what the fuck does this have to do with a Covid booster query?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:08 am Jun, I know you feel compelled to reply to almost every post on this board however, referring back to the title of this thread what the fuck does this have to do with a Covid booster query?
You need to read between the lines a little.

The suggestion is: When the next covid wave arrives, don't necessarily expect to get a booster so quickly, as all the locals will suddenly want one.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:30 am The suggestion is: When the next covid wave arrives ..........
Let's worry about that if and when it happens.

Until Undaunted's post, despite the fact that I live here, I was not aware that free boosters are available at Royal Garden. As a result of his post, I plan on getting a second booster very soon no matter how long or short the line may be. Even when just about everybody in Pattaya was going to Royal Garden several months ago and the lines were huge, it was no longer than about a 20 minute wait to get the injection, followed by the half hour wait to make sure you don't have a bad reaction.

This topic is more appropriate for those of us currently in Pattaya who are interested in getting another injection.
puan

Post by puan »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:18 pm I went to Royal Garden today after already receiving 2 Astra and 1 Moderna already. I was given a choice I opted for Pfizer I was the only one in line registered and vaccinated in little more than 5 minutes.
Undaunted, what were the booster choices available at Royal Garden?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

puan wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:57 am
Undaunted wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:18 pm I went to Royal Garden today after already receiving 2 Astra and 1 Moderna already. I was given a choice I opted for Pfizer I was the only one in line registered and vaccinated in little more than 5 minutes.
Undaunted, what were the booster choices available at Royal Garden?
Yesterday you had a choice between Moderna or Pfizer, having had Moderna before and a somewhat bad reaction I opted for Pfizer and have had no reaction.
Daleinpattaya

Post by Daleinpattaya »

Went to Royal Garden today (Saturday) for second booster (Pfizer) as per above … although not mentioned in the above Expat Club announcement … only jabbing this coming Wednesday, Thursday and Friday … don’t know about subsequent scheduling. First time I have been to RG since Central Festival opened and the cinema closed. Looks like half of the Indian sub-continent is on post-Covid holiday.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Daleinpattaya wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:23 pm although not mentioned in the above Expat Club announcement … only jabbing this coming Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Thank you very much. I was planning to go Monday. Now I know to wait for Wednesday.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Daleinpattaya wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:23 pm Looks like half of the Indian sub-continent is on post-Covid holiday.
Obviously, the beginning of those high end tourists the government is trying to attract. :roll: