2nd Covid booster query

Anything and everything about Thailand
Daleinpattaya

Re: 2nd Covid booster query

Post by Daleinpattaya »

I have had three different brands of vaccines … AstraZeneca (x2), Moderna and Pfizer… the only reaction has been a bit of warmth at the injection site.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

windwalker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:26 pm
Undaunted wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:04 pm My reaction to Moderna was almost identical.
I had zero reactions to Moderna vaccines (2).
I just had my 4th booster - Moderna - my 3rd was Pfizer & my initial 2 doses was AZ.
I had no adverse reaction to AZ, a soreness at the injection site for a couple of days for the Pfizer. Today, after the Moderna shot, I initially had a very slight headache for a couple minutes which went away. No sore arm or any other reaction -- so far :) .
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Meanwhile I have been reading that the current vaccines are ineffective against the newest variants and it will be at least a year before any new vaccines, effective ones, will be available.

Today is Thursday. Tomorrow, Friday, supposedly will be when decisions will be made as to whether the face mask mandate, along with any other restrictions, will be reinstated. Of course, when we get any new information it will be posted.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:30 pm Meanwhile I have been reading that the current vaccines are ineffective against the newest variants and it will be at least a year before any new vaccines, effective ones, will be available.
Which variant ? I'd be interested in sources.
So far I'm reading about them being less effective, rather than ineffective. I've posted data in threads.

Omicron booster:
https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/m ... 23-success

I believe Pfizer-Biontech have one in the pipeline too.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:45 pm Which variant ? I'd be interested in sources.
I don't remember where I saw the article. I read what I posted and I'm not going to go hunting for the article. If you are reading articles that dispute it, fine with me. Ineffective - less effective, I'm not going to quibble about that. I don't know what less effective even means without knowing how much less effective they're saying and even with injections and boosters, what are we in danger of, how much danger are we in, and what will Thailand be doing about it?

As for which variants, the article said all of the most recent ones. I didn't pay any attention to the names of which ones. What difference does it make? If you're going to come down with the disease, you don't get a choice as to which variant will attack you.

I'm going to continue all the precautions, mandates or not. Those who say it wouldn't be any worse than a bad cold or flu, well who wants a bad cold or flu? And I don't want to find out the hard way whether in my case those saying that are right.

Some say as long as you've had the injections, Covid is not such a big thing. I think it is a big thing - a very big thing. I've made it this far without getting Covid and I plan to do the best I can to keep it that way.

I don't want to see closings, restrictions, and over-reacting return any more than anyone else, but I won't be surprised if any of it does.
Jun

Post by Jun »

So far, our death rate seems to go down with every variant.
There will be omicron boosters, possibly in the autumn.

How much danger are we in ? Well, our residual life expectancy is probably still ahead of where it would be had we reached this age back in 2012.

The biggest risk is more stupid government policy, but I think even Thailand might be careful about getting too far out of line.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Page 11 contains vaccine effectiveness data against mortality, for Omicron. So a reduction in death rate of 87.6 to 93.6%.
Note: In almost all cases for over 50s, the third vaccine dose will be Pfizer or Moderna. The first two doses would have been AZ or Pfizer.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... eek-27.pdf
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Go for 2 vaccine doses per year: Chulabhorn Royal Academy

By : THE NATION

July 7, 2022

People should receive two Covid-19 vaccine shots per year in the current situation, Chulabhorn Royal Academy said.

Academy secretary-general Dr Nithi Mahanonda made the statement in a Facebook post on Thursday after being asked by “a lot of people”.

He explained that at first Covid-19 had spread heavily and the situation could not be predicted. However, people now know more about the disease and the rate at which it would spread.

In cold countries Covid infections escalate during winter, he pointed out, while in Thailand it spreads largely between the rainy and cool/cold seasons.

Covid could also spread for the second time in a year, which is likely after schools reopen for a new semester, Nithi noted.

He said everyone needs to receive vaccine doses at regular intervals to effectively combat severity of the disease and death.

Therefore, he suggested, people should go in for two vaccine doses per year at six-month intervals. This could be reduced to once per year if new vaccines prove to be more effective and mutations slow down.

The first dose should preferably be administered from the middle of July to mid-September and the second from the middle of January to mid-March, Nithi recommended.

People who have been recently infected can wait 1-2 months before getting a vaccine dose, he added.

https://www.nationthailand.com/life/40017472
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I've been sticking with recommendations made by the highly regarded Mayo Clinic since this fiasco started and they always seem to hit the target.

The article linked below is confusing to say the least, but one point that they seem to stress several times is that the determination for a person to get additional boosters relies heavily on the state of a persons immune system - similar to what we've been hearing for the past 2-1/2 years.

Those who are at "high risk" either because of age and/or preexisting medical conditions who may have compromised immune systems, may need additional boosters. For people who are not categorized as "high risk" I think court's still out regarding the need for addition boosters (after 4 jabs in total). Of course the Pharma Industry will want to milk this Billion Dollar Baby as long as they can.

The boosters I plan to continue getting a lot of are those which are administered during sex. I remember the nurse telling me right before giving me my last booster that" all you'll feel is a little prick". I felt like telling her; "no problem, I do this every night and my boyfriends hung like a thoroughbred racehorse".

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus- ... e-boosters
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

The U.S. government financed the company that produced Moderna with 2 billion dollars, the head of that company recently left with a golden parachute worth 900 million plus!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"