Thailand to drop most restrictions beginning July 1

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Thailand to drop most restrictions beginning July 1

Post by Gaybutton »

Apparently July 1 will be when Thailand finally becomes Thailand again - and still without the hordes of Chinese tourists.
The mask mandate will likely be eased, but not entirely dropped.
Bars will be allowed to remain open until 2:00am

Some of the restriction drops may go into effect as soon as right now, but we don't know which ones yet. Of course, as soon as more information becomes available it will be posted.

Here's what we have so far:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thai Covid-19 Situation Center agrees to restore nationwide green zones, cancel Thailand Pass, eases mask mandate, and more

By Tanakorn Panyadee

17 June 2022

The Center for Covid-19 Situation (CCSA) has reportedly given the green light to restore nationwide green zones, cancel Thailand Pass, ease the mask mandate in open areas, and extend legal closing hours for nightlife outlets to 2 AM.

Essentially, today’s measures bring to an end over two years of Covid-19 restrictions and rules, except for the emergency decree and some masking recommendations.

A source at the regular CCSA meeting today, June 17th, 2022, led by the director PM Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha reports that the CCSA has consented to reclassify the entire nation’s color-zoning into what they call green zones (surveillance). All Pilot Tourist Areas will be lifted as well. These changes will go into effect as soon as the official legal order in the Royal Gazette is released, and is expected to legally take effect on July 1st, 2022.

Moreover, the CCSA has also decided to move the legal closing hours for nightlife outlets from midnight to pre-pandemic hours or around 2 AM though the mask mandate is still “recommended” in crowded spaces but is relaxed in open/outdoor spaces. However, an exact date for easing of the mask mandate has NOT been announced and is NOT set in stone as July 1st, notes the CCSA, and will depend on the upcoming Royal Gazette order.

The transportation of migrant workers has also been reverted back to normal.

A source also reports that normal temperature checkpoints at each facility have been given the go-ahead to be removed as well except in certain facilities at risk of transmission. A large gathering of more than 2,000 participants will need permission from the Provincial Communicable Disease Committee before taking place.

-=-=–=-=-
One of the most important relaxations of the day is surely the cancelation of the Thailand Pass including:

1. Revoking the Thailand Pass for international visitors
2. International visitors will only be checked for the vaccination certificate or ATK test result at random. Unvaccinated visitors/not fully vaccinated who are checked at random will need to take an ATK test. This is expected to be lifted when the emergency decree ends, which is staying for the time being.
3. Removing temperature and respiratory checkpoints at the international entrances.
4. Changes/Removal to Covid-19 insurance requirements. This is still a question mark as of press time with mixed messages and may need further clarification.
4. Replacing the Thailand Pass with only a basic Health Declaration Form as needed

Some of the above changes are effective immediately and some will follow after the Gazette is released, according to the CCSA.

It is important to note that provincial governors still have the ability to strengthen rules if they choose to do so and that nothing is “official” until printed and released in the Royal Gazette.

There was no further discussion around potential visa waivers or adjustments, however, at the meeting.

This is a developing story, notes TPN, and this article may be updated or adjusted if more information is released.

https://tpnnational.com/2022/06/17/thai ... -and-more/

Gaybutton

Re: Thailand to drop most restrictions beginning July 1

Post by Gaybutton »

Thailand is going to lift that 2pm-5pm alcohol sales ban, starting July 1, but don't start celebrating just yet. The ban will be lifted only in hotels.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alcohol sales ban in Thailand between 2 PM – 5 PM to be lifted nationwide on July 1st but only in hotels, says Tourism Minister

By Tanakorn Panyadee

17 June 2022

The long-standing alcohol sales ban between 2-5 PM will be lifted nationwide on July 1st but only in hotels, the Tourism and Sports Minister said today, June 17th, at the Center for Covid-19 Situation (CCSA) meeting.

According to Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn, the CCSA has agreed to lift the unpopular nationwide alcohol sales ban between 2 PM – 5 PM, starting this July 1st along with the other newest relaxations that have just been updated today, June 17th, by the CCSA.

Nevertheless, the change, according to the minister, will initially be limited to hotels that cater to tourists. Restaurants and tourist attractions may also sell alcohol during the extended period, at the provincial governor’s discretion, the minister said.

“This change is supposed to uplift tourism. Imagine if some tourists are relaxing in their hotel, and they are suddenly notified that the alcohol is not allowed anymore from 2-5 PM. This will surefire ruin the country’s reputation,” the tourism and sports minister said. “However, this new change is not applied to regular and convenience stores, at least initially, until more research is done,” Phiphat stated.

Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn concluded that Thai tourism will improve by a great margin from these new relaxations. Starting on July 1st, an estimated 25-30 thousand international tourists are expected to enter the country daily. He expects to see no less than 7.5 million people in total at this year-end and hopes to push to 10 million at best.

https://tpnnational.com/2022/06/17/alco ... -minister/

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm glad to see all these relaxations, but I would very much like to know a logical reason (logical - in Thailand?) why bars and other entertainment venues have to close by 2:00am. WHY? Why can't they stay open as long as they want? I don't understand what purpose is served by mandating a 2:00am closing time.

Also, I fail to understand any semblance of logic that between 2:00pm-5:00pm alcohol can be served, but only in hotels. Huh?

Oh well, I'm definitely happy about rule relaxations - the glass is half full, but meanwhile that's two more items for my "I Don't Get It" list . . .

Thailand declares all provinces ‘Green Zone’and more updates for international visitors

By Pattaya Mail

June 19, 2022

All these relaxing measures will only take effect after the announcement in the Royal Gazette as follows:

– All provinces will be designated as surveillance areas or ‘Green Zone’.

– Entertainment venues can be opened according to relevant regulations.

– Temperature screen in buildings is no longer required, unless in high-risk area.

– On mask mandate, there are different requirements for specific group and general public. For example, vulnerable groups or 608, who are not fully vaccinated, are highly encouraged to wear masks when present with others.

– COVID infected and high-risk groups are strongly suggested to always wear masks when with others.

– For the General Public, inside the building, mask is required unless you are by yourself. OR unless you’re doing activities where mask cannot be worn such as eating, exercising, receiving care/service on the facial area and performing arts – then you are recommended to proceed with care, and when those activities are completed, you are required to put the mask back on.

– Outside of the building, wear masks when you are with others and cannot observe social distancing, or the area is crowded with a lot of people or not well ventilated – such as if you use public transportation, are in markets, sports venues, and concert arenas.

– The CCSA agreed to discontinue/lift Thailand Pass registration for all travellers, both Thais and foreigners.

– The current USD 10,000 insurance requirements for COVID treatment for foreign travellers will no longer be mandatory but is highly recommended.

– Travellers still need to show proof of either a vaccine certificate OR COVID-Free test results. Vaccine certificate or Pro-ATK/RT-PCR results (within 72 hours) will be checked by airline staff at check-in and once again when travellers arrive in Thailand.

– Please note that this new Thailand Pass measure will be effective from 1 July onwards.

– On booster doses, the Prime Minister stresses the importance of booster shots to ensure the safety of the public as we continue with our reopening measures, and tasked Ministry of Public Health, Ministry of Interior and all relevant agencies to work together towards this end.

– The Bang Sue Grand Station is open ‘every day’ for walk-in, from 9AM – 4PM, for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th shot. (That's Bangkok. I don't see anything similar for anywhere else in Thailand. If any of you have information, please post.)

– To be considered as fully vaccinated, incoming travellers must be vaccinated in accordance with the list of MoPH/WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccines, in the right dosage and recommended interval between their 1st and the 2nd dose, at least 14 days before their travel plan.

– Thailand recognises all combination of vaccine types, with the focus being placed on the approved interval between the 1st and the 2nd dose.

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnew ... ors-401714

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

While technically the restrictions within Thailand are still in effect until July 1, as a practical matter most have ended. Every Thai I've seen are still wearing the face masks. So am I. I expect that to continue, even after the mask mandate is dropped.

Every shop and venue that had the temperature check machines still have them, but few still require the check and if customers enter, but don't bother with the machine, it is getting more and more rare to see any enforcement of it anymore. I see it still enforced when entering grocery stores, some condos, and shopping malls. Other than that, people are not paying much attention to it now.

Most places I've been to still have the disinfectant hand lotion available, but it is up to the individual whether to use it.

Rocket

Post by Rocket »

This is wonderful news! For those living there, but also for those traveling to Thailand.
My last trip I had a folder worth of papers! It looks like my next trip will be much simpler.
And I might also not bother with the tourist visa,even though it’s all done online, it’s still a hassle.

I might just use the visa exempt and then apply for a non- o retirement visa when I get there.
Hopefully this will bring more customers to the bars and keep them afloat.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Rocket wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:43 am
This is wonderful news! For those living there
Yes and no. People are very happy to see the country coming to life again, but with so many restrictions being lifted, both within Thailand and for international travelers, people are nervous about what might be brought in. Many think it is too much too fast. Nobody wants to have to live with lockdowns, restrictions, closings, job losses, and whatever else again. That is why most people say they intend to continue the precautions, including the face masks, at least for the time being, whether the mandates are rescinded or not.

The hope is if anything does happen, it will be caught and curtailed long before things get out of control again. Maybe Thailand has learned its lessons for how to prevent another serious outbreak.

Rocket

Post by Rocket »

I see your point. It did seem strange when here in the USA, we dropped the mask restrictions and everyone was acting like the pandemic suddenly ended. Nothing in reality really changed, just rules relaxed.

I think I’ll still wear a mask on the long flight to Thailand. And respect the Thais by wearing a mask where still required when I’m there. I noticed many Falangs not wearing mask where they were required. My Thai boyfriend would turn away from farangs not wearing mask on the elevator or even the baht bus.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Rocket wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:19 am
I noticed many Falangs not wearing mask where they were required.
That is the problem. Many farang just don't want to cooperate and that is not sitting well with Thais. My advice - in Thailand wherever you see the Thais wearing their face masks, you wear the face mask - whether required or not and whether you like it or not.

KeithAmbrose

Post by KeithAmbrose »

I agree, apart from being sensible, it is polite!

Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:30 am
Many farang just don't want to cooperate and that is not sitting well with Thais. My advice - in Thailand wherever you see the Thais wearing their face masks, you wear the face mask - whether required or not and whether you like it or not.
I tend to agree. Whilst I now prefer not to wear a mask (post-vaccine), if almost all the Thais were wearing masks, I would do so.

However, I imagine that once masks are no longer mandatory, a significant proportion of Thais will cease wearing them over time. So peer pressure is unlikely to be a problem for long.

Whether it's sensible to wear a mask is debatable. Pre-vaccine, yes. Post vaccine, it may still be sensible for people of a very advanced age to wear one. The rest of us are likely to get covid a few times during our lives and I think I'd rather have exposure to some of the current strains relatively soon after a vaccine, just to broaden my resistance.