Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Jun »

Thank you for the report Trongpai.
Nice selection of boys, let down by some of the fairly common issues ? This time it's overdressing, a nuisance mamsan and a pointless show stuffed full of lady boys. I can send the mamasan away & leave before the show, but I'd still prefer to see them wear white underwear that leaves less to the imagination.
Trongpai wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:31 amI was seated where he could not sit next to me but he tried to saddle in but I would not give him space.
I've tried the same tactic in several bars.
Once, in the old Fresh Boys, one of them was sat next to me, then he left to attend to another customer and I made sure there was no space when he returned. Much to the amusement of one of the boys on stage.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jai and I finally hit the bar scene in JC...first time since the pandemic started.

Not much to report that you guys don't already know.

We lodged at Agate for out little 3 day adventure and give the place a "thumbs up"...clean room...friendly staff...nice pool...quiet location and private parking.

It was nice to see my old friend Aom (formerly the bar tender at Forest House/Sunee) pouring the beers at Divarium, as well as several other old Sunee regulars (Thai and farang) who I was really glad to see. Gents Bar next door (which used to be that girl bar up till a few weeks ago) is now managed by another old friend Som who was also a Forest House regular for many years.

I cruised several bars just to say hi to some familiar faces and blow some money. I stopped in at M's Bar just to say hi and see how life was treating him/her. Knowing M's entrepreneurial skills I wouldn't be surprised if her bar doesn't become one of the hot spots in Supertown going forward.

Dinners at Yupin's and Dicks Cafe' were just as good as before.

JC has successfully re-molded itself into a great place for gays to socialize - not much different from what it was before, but not a very good place for gay entertainment IMO. Most of the boys that were there sitting around the bars seemed more intent on finding a donner for a bottle of whiskey so they could continue chatting with their friends versus looking for punters - and every time I looked at a group of farang sitting around I expected to hear someone shout-out "Bingo". Frankly, if I wanted a regular diet of this type of entertainment when I retired I could have stayed home and joined the Elks Club. No offense to anyone who enjoys these types of venues - but it wouldn't be my cup of tea on a regular basis.

Kudo's to the bar owners who made this happen.

My next little adventure will be a visit to Boyztown and Sunee. This side of town is where I always called home...better entertainment...with just a touch of sleaze that I thrive on...LOL
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:38 pm every time I looked at a group of farang sitting around I expected to hear someone shout-out "Bingo". Frankly, if I wanted a regular diet of this type of entertainment when I retired I could have stayed home and joined the Elks Club.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Jun wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:18 pm Winner Boys: Boys in underwear
Not anymore. Winnerboys agogo haven't been gogoing for a long time now. Fully dressed boys sitting outside the bar seem to be the norm nowadays. Something to put on the "I don't get it'-list for me.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:50 am Not anymore. Winnerboys agogo haven't been gogoing for a long time now.
I was not aware of that. Perhaps ask the owner, the manager, or the boys themselves why they are not "gogoing".
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:10 am
SP55 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:50 am Not anymore. Winnerboys agogo haven't been gogoing for a long time now.
I was not aware of that. Perhaps ask the owner, the manager, or the boys themselves why they are not "gogoing".
They don’t have enough “boys” or customers to have anyone on the stage only a few sit outside.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:55 am They don’t have enough “boys” or customers to have anyone on the stage only a few sit outside.
Sounds to me like the old story - Not enough boys = not enough customers and not enough customers - not enough boys.

The way I see it the thing to do is try to recruit more boys. At a go-go bar, how else are they going to attract customers? I don't picture many farang heading for Sunee Plaza to see fully clothed boys sitting outside the bar. If they at least take off their shirts, that might help.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:49 am I don't picture many farang heading for Sunee Plaza to see fully clothed boys sitting outside the bar. If they at least take off their shirts, that might help.
But the reason they don't attract customers are exactly what Gaybutton points out - customers don't go to the Sunee plaza gogos to see fully dressed boys sit outside of the bar. That's why this gets to my "I don't get it"-list.

Yesterday I saw 5 different boys sitting outside Winnerboys with their clothes on. If they had been inside on stage I would have stopped for several drinks. Now I kept walking. Judging by the fact that so few customers sat outside with the boys, plenty more gentlemen must have reasoned the same way as I.

In Niceboys bar, which is an agogo bar with boys in underwear on stage, there were 9 customers just during my 30 minutes stay there. Customers tipping and buying drinks for themselves and boys. So no lack of customers in Sunee - IF there is the right thing on offer.

And btw, Toyboys in Boyztown had more than 20 boys in underwear and was packed with customers. And this bar charges about the double for drinks than Winnerboys. Dreamboys agogo had about 17 shirtless boys, and X-boys 10 in white underwear and they were all dancing on stage.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:27 pm Yesterday I saw 5 different boys sitting outside Winnerboys with their clothes on. If they had been inside on stage I would have stopped
You did glance inside to see if there were boys in underwear and/or dancing on the stage didn't you?
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:00 pm You did glance inside to see if there were boys in underwear and/or dancing on the stage didn't you?
No. Don't need to to know there wasn't since they told me, and it hasn't been agogo for a long time now. But I have asked several times why there is no agogo, and they all give the same answer as Undauted quoted above. However I don't agree that 4-5 boys are "too few for agogo".

Well I guess time will tell if an agogo bar without agogo is what Sunee customers want to spend their money in (or more correct spend their money outside of).