Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
gerefan

Re: Bar Reports

Post by gerefan »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:39 pm
Only one of my friend occasionally visits the complex, for me it is a total bore however, apparently my opinion is the minority opinion.
There are only 3 choices in Pattaya for a night out in a gay area.

Sunee used to be number one but now with only 1 or 2 very quiet bars, and a few gogos near by, it is nothing like it was. There is no atmosphere whatsoever if sitting in one of the “host” bars. End of.

Boyztown was the next choice. Used to really hum with some good entertainment in the the many Gogo bars. You could have a whole evening out there starting with a meal and then a trawl the various bars. Now there are no restaurants and only a few of the Gogo bars remain. Then whole street is only 55 metres long.

Jomtien use to be a runner up. Usually one visit per holiday was enough. Now it has blossomed and contains no less than 30 bars, door to door in a street 350 metres long. There are also many hotels, restaurants, show bars, massage joints and host bars. Agreed no gogo bars but one soon gets tired of the same old scene.

A great place stay and for meeting your friends over a meal and a pint. Which other gay area offers that?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:59 pm When prices are higher, the business simply needs to offer something extra for the money.
This is what I have been saying for years. The bars need to offer things to attract customers, especially the go-go bars. What is being offered. in my opinion, ain't it. At some of these bars even if the drinks were a fraction of what they charge now, I still wouldn't go because they offer little or nothing that interests me, no matter what the boys are wearing. If they're offering strobe lights, excessively loud music, employ anybody being pushy with customers, and high drink and off prices, include me out.

With the same crap that has been going on for years and is what they are offering, it's kinda hard for me to vote with my feet when my feet don't enter their bars in the first place.

I truly would like to see Pattaya's gay scene make a comeback, but I don't see that being very likely when the bars refuse to do anything differently than they have always done. It just doesn't work anymore. Why the bar owners don't see that or just choose to ignore it goes beyond me.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

gerefan wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:00 pm Sunee used to be number one but now with only 1 or 2 very quiet bars, and a few gogos near by, it is nothing like it was..
Actually 4 bars still open there. Only 1 gogo bar in function currently.

Btw the gogo bar hasn't had running water for over a year, so you can't wash your hands there. Even dirty Eros bar, which I believe was never cleaned, had a functional water tap and occasionally a soap was provided.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Speaking of Eros, which most of you know was virtually an "anything goes" bar, before Covid the owner was talking about reopening, but this time in Boyztown. I have heard nothing about reopening plans, whether in Boyztown or Sunee. I hope he does reopen, and soon.

I would think any bar owner planning to reopen would be working out the details now, just before high season kicks in. Just my own thought - but if he reopens and sticks with Sunee and sticks with his format, it's going to be standing room only. I hope he does reopen. I think that sort of bar is just what Pattaya needs.

What Pattaya does not need is bars where the boys are in jeans, or sometimes in underwear and sometimes in jeans, but you never know what you're going to get, along with high drink prices, high "drink for boy" prices, and high off fees. Some say at least that's better than nothing.

Is it? I'm not so sure. Bring back reasonable prices, bring back the bikinis and g-strings, and bring back fun. That, in my opinion, is what Pattaya's go-go bar scene needs - and spiced with a little sleaze wouldn't hurt anything either.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:53 pm I think that sort of bar is just what Pattaya needs.

What Pattaya does not need is bars where the boys are in jeans, or sometimes in underwear and sometimes in jeans, but you never know what you're going to get, along with high drink prices, high "drink for boy" prices, and high off fees. Some say at least that's better than nothing.

Is it? I'm not so sure. Bring back reasonable prices, bring back the bikinis and g-strings, and bring back fun. That, in my opinion, is what Pattaya's go-go bar scene needs - and spiced with a little sleaze wouldn't hurt anything either.
I couldn't agree more.

At least Winnerboys bar is planning to reopen as an agogo bar 1st November. I hope it will be succesful and that people do visit. That could be a good step in getting Sunee plaza back to what it was.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:07 pmAt least Winnerboys bar is planning to reopen as an agogo bar 1st November. I hope it will be succesful and that people do visit. That could be a good step in getting Sunee plaza back to what it was.
That's good news & thank you for keeping us updated.

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:53 pm Speaking of Eros, which most of you know was virtually an "anything goes" bar, before Covid the owner was talking about reopening, but this time in Boyztown.
If Eros managed to reopen with some of the old magic, I suspect customers would find it, whether in Sunee or Boyztown. With negligible competition, they might just do well.
I still have fond memories of going in there, sitting down and about 30 seconds later, some cute lad was bouncing up and down on my lap naked. Completely uninvited, but when he was that cute, I was happy..

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:53 pm What Pattaya does not need is bars where the boys are in jeans, or sometimes in underwear and sometimes in jeans, but you never know what you're going to get, along with high drink prices, high "drink for boy" prices, and high off fees.
When gogo bars have boys in Jeans, I almost always walk straight back out & if there is anyone around to listen, I tell them why. Just why would I pay 200~400 baht to watch boys in street clothes, when I can see that for free on the street ?
In fact, in all my trips, I can only recall one exception where I did buy a drink in a gogo bar where the boys had jeans on. That was last November, when I gave Nice Boys the benefit of the doubt, as the only gogo bar open in town. I didn't repeat that mistake.

Meanwhile, up in Bangkok, two years ago, Fresh Boys had their cute lads in lovely thin white underwear and about 90% of them were wearing just the one layer. That's the kind of thing I like to see. Not the more recent jeans and reportedly, now shorts.

Here's how it should be done:Image
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Diamond bar in Sunee plaza has reopened.

Winnerboys bar will reopen its agogo again on November 1.

Hopefully this will get some more customers back to Sunee plaza.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:28 pmDiamond bar in Sunee plaza has reopened.
The Diamond Bar proposition was more interesting a few years ago, when they had at least half a dozen cute lads wearing some nice shorts and you could also sit there watching all the other comings and goings in Sunee (Diamond bar, or whatever the bar at that location was called then).

If it's anything like early 2022, you just get to sit there watching the darkness and they have hardly any staff.
So I think the only thing that's likely to keep Sunee alive is the gogo bars, since that's the one thing Jomtien doesn't have.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Another thing I like about the photos in Jun's post above is what I don't see - tattoos. A small tattoo here and there doesn't bother me, but some of these boys are covered in them. That turns me right off.

I have never understood why anybody would want to "decorate" (although I think the proper word would be "desecrate") their bodies with images they wouldn't be caught dead placing in a frame and hanging on the wall.

It's not just the boys. I've also seen plenty of farang covered from head to toe in tattoos. All I can do is shake my head and wonder what were they thinking.

Are any of you attracted by these tattoos? If you are, good for you, but as for me, the tattoos, especially heavily tattooed - that's on my "I Don't Get It" list.
thaiophilus

Post by thaiophilus »

You're Not Meant To Get It :-). Tattoos on Thai/Lao/Khmer/etc. boys are traditionally not there for decoration but for their supernatural properties. As they are part of a belief system that automatically rules out rational discussion.

On farangs, however... Never mind the aesthetic arguments, I wouldn't let someone tattoo me in a language I can't read.