Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Jun »

Winner Boys again. Two reasonably interesting lads, plus a few others. About a dozen customers.
Unusually, the reallycute one briefly made eye contact with another customer, then immediately run off to the other end of the stage. He's mastered the art of not sitting with customers, which he was demonstrating to fine effect again today. I wonder how much the job pays with no tips?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:02 pm He's mastered the art of not sitting with customers
That is really strange behavior. Maybe he spotted a customer with whom he had a bad experience. But if he does that all the time, I can't think of an explanation that makes any sense.

As far as I know, getting called to sit with customers and being tipped for it, along with getting taken off, is the whole point of working in a bar as a go-go boy. If there is any other reason to be a go-go boy, what is it?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:32 am That is really strange behavior. Maybe he spotted a customer with whom he had a bad experience. But if he does that all the time, I can't think of an explanation that makes any sense.

As far as I know, getting called to sit with customers and being tipped for it, along with getting taken off, is the whole point of working in a bar as a go-go boy. If there is any other reason to be a go-go boy, what is it?
Whilst I expect there is an answer, I haven't figured it out which one applies here. He's been like this for several years.
I had always assumed that just being on stage doesn't pay that well. Also, the other boys are constantly scouring the audience for potential customers, so his behaviour is out of line.
I noticed he had quite a friendly chat with the bar owner, when the owner briefly popped into the bar to replenish his glass.

The positive side to this is that he ensures there is often one cute lad on stage.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:02 am I noticed he had quite a friendly chat with the bar owner, when the owner briefly popped into the bar to replenish his glass.
Just a wild guess, but maybe that's it. Maybe he is the owner's boyfriend and because of that won't do anything more than display himself on the stage. Probably not, but that would make some sense, at least to me.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:57 pm Just a wild guess, but maybe that's it. Maybe he is the owner's boyfriend and because of that won't do anything more than display himself on the stage. Probably not, but that would make some sense, at least to me.
I can't think of a better explanation for such behaviour, particularly when he's been doing that for several years now.

Of course, if the one Pattaya gogo boy that's exactly the type I look for happens to be off limits, I shall be continuing to do business on grindr.
thaiophilus

Post by thaiophilus »

Jun wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:53 pm
Gaybutton wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:57 pm Just a wild guess, but maybe that's it. Maybe he is the owner's boyfriend and because of that won't do anything more than display himself on the stage. Probably not, but that would make some sense, at least to me.
I can't think of a better explanation for such behaviour, particularly when he's been doing that for several years now.

Of course, if the one Pattaya gogo boy that's exactly the type I look for happens to be off limits, I shall be continuing to do business on grindr.
One obvious question comes to mind: is he wearing a number?
Jun

Post by Jun »

thaiophilus wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:05 pm One obvious question comes to mind: is he wearing a number?
None of them had numbers. Unless my powers of observation have failed, I don't recall seeing numbers here for some time.
This bar has optimised the staffing, with no mamasans and no waiters. The boys serve the drinks and most of them keep an eye out for interested customers. So there is no real need for numbers.

In many respects, this is exactly how a gogo bar should be.
Quiet background music, reasonable prices, no mamasans and boys in underwear. All they need to do is add a few more slim cute lads, like this bar once had.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Jomtien
I arrived a bit earlier, ~8:30
The music volume was low, so I stopped at one of the popular bars near the bottom of the main street.
I started chatting to a lad who said we had met pre-covid. He did look familiar, but certainly hasn't yet been an off with me. I suspect we met in Phnom Penh.
He speaks good English, but can't read it. He can't read Thai either, which must make life awkward.
He said the music normally gets turned up at 10:00 pm and he doesn't like that. Neither do I.
Customer drinks 100, boy drinks 150.
I counted 20 farang in front, of which 2 were sat with boys and I suspect just 1 of those was a bar boy.
I note another one of my Grindr favourites is working at an adjacent bar. That means two on my list are now at the same bar, although the other one wasn't present at the time.

I walked down past Soda massage. Another lad I know from Grindr is now working at a bar in a fairly poor location, without much passing traffic. One of the pleasures of Jomtien is watching all the cute lads walk past and this bar isn't optimum for that. He was sat with other boys, all on their phones. I didn't disturb them.
This particular lad has been a regular on recent trips, but when we met this time, he rushed off fairly quickly to go to his bar. So far, there has been no repeat meeting, as there is plenty of competition around. Whether he gains or loses from working in that bar is something I'd like to know.

Back up to a bar in the centre. For once, the music hasn't been turned up to 11, so it's safe to stop.
One large farang is sharing a bottle with about 6 lads. When he's finished, he makes a big ceremony of paying the bar bill and handing 100 to each boy. Not exactly generous for the time spent, but eventually, at least one further round of 100 baht tips is handed out.
Seems like a very nice chap, although I'm unsure of the merits of making a big ceremony over payment.

Jomtien is by some margin the best gay area to visit in Pattaya and probably the best in Thailand.
BKKDreamer

Post by BKKDreamer »

Jun wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:41 pm Jomtien is by some margin the best gay area to visit in Pattaya and probably the best in Thailand.
This is becoming true for me also.
When I first moved here 4 months ago - I was not liking Supertown very much because there were too many feminine guys.
Then because of my volunteering to meet various other forum members who were passing through Pattaya - they often put Boyztown as the highest on their agenda. It was fun in the beginning but began to become more boring for me. Yes, there are more masculine guys over in Boyztown - but that whole experience is much more expensive than Supertown and when the last gayguides.com forum member came through we spent a lot of time in BoyzBoyzBoyz and I had one of the WORST loud noise experiences in my entire life there. We were unfortunately placed near one of the giant speakers - as we arrived late and there were no other seats available as it was already packed and a full house. That was the first time in my entire life that I became nauseous from loud sound. Also, I felt pain in my chest as the loud bass thumping sound was in conflict with my heartbeats.

Anyway, the negativeness (<-- fake word that I invented for this post) of Boyztown has convinced me to appreciate Supertown more and more. By investing more time in hanging out in Supertown I have been able to find pockets of masculine guys amongst the overwhelming number of feminine guys. So, even for me, my needs can be met in Supertown.

So, like Jun stated above, the Jomtien Supertown Complex is the best gay area to visit in the greater Pattaya area.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

BKKDreamer wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:01 pm So, like Jun stated above, the Jomtien Supertown Complex is the best gay area to visit in the greater Pattaya area.
For me, you know where the best gay area is? My house. If I want to look at boys all I have to do is open the apps. If I want a drink I can pour my own - whatever it is I wish to drink, whatever size I want, at a fraction of the cost of buying it in a bar. If I want music at all (which I usually don't), I get to decide what the music will be and I get to decide the volume.

If I want to have a boy with me, I find my type on the apps, chat with him a little bit on the app - which is what I would do in person in a bar - and if I'm interested, 15 minutes later he'll be knocking on my door - at any time of day or night, whenever I want. If I'm in the right mood, I might have him bring along a friend - and the only off fee I'm paying is the price of his taxi fare - and these days they usually use Bolt or Grab taxis which are even less expensive.

Anyone wondering why it is rare to find me in any of the bars?