Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:23 pm Incidentally, I would bet that there are still girly bars in Bangkok and Pattaya with full nudity.
I'll have to take your word for it. I won't be in any of those bars to personally find out.

Also, there used to be a few lady-boy bars in Pattaya. I have no idea if any still exist. Do they?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:46 pm Also, there used to be a few lady-boy bars in Pattaya. I have no idea if any still exist. Do they?
The only one I knew of was The Kitten Club next to The Penthouse. That's closed, without me ever having visited. I suspect there maybe others.

As for the Bangkok gogo bar scene, whilst I would be happy to spend money in good gogo bars, it seems there are none left. Well, not with twinks.
So the one positive is that I save a fortune. Whilst also meeting Boys who are better in bed, via other means.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Saturday (Bangkok)
9:50 Queen Club. Open. The touts said "boy show", so I had a look inside. The stage was empty. The music was quite loud, but not loud enough to keep me out had the offering on stage been outstanding. An empty stage made it easy. I left.
I suspect the other two people in there were staff.

22:04 Banana Room Club (Soi 4). One ladyboy on stage. I left. Maybe I should arrive before the "show" next time.

Telephone Bar and Balcony had no free outdoor seats, so I stopped at one of the other bars. There is a noticeable smell of weed in the soi these days. Quite pleasant.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Jun wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:26 pm Saturday (Bangkok)
22:04 Banana Room Club (Soi 4). One ladyboy on stage. I left. Maybe I should arrive before the "show" next time.
Telephone Bar and Balcony had no free outdoor seats, so I stopped at one of the other bars. There is a noticeable smell of weed in the soi these days. Quite pleasant.
I haven't been into Banana Bar (downstairs!) since it's reincarnation but I'm reading quite a number of good reports. It's outside terrace looks quite inviting :P . It's signage outside promises 'sexy boy shows'.o

Balcony and Circus (Telephone) are always packed at the weekends (moreso Fridays). I think that the manager of either bar would squeeze out an extra table for you, rather than see you go to the other terrace :lol:

Tomorrow (Monday) will be quiet in the soi EXCEPT THAT it will be the 10th anniversary of Connections Bar, the bar with the friendliest owners (Ross and Aek) in the soi. Sure to pack out the first half of the soi. I'll be there.

I lived 20+ years in Amsterdam but never smelled cannabis in the soi (maybe, at my great age, my smell buds have gone).
The law, at present (but due to have U-turns) is that it is illegal to smoke cannabis inside a bar or café) -- (a bit tautological if you ask me as any sort of smoking is illegal inside).
Stop now before I get even more pedantic.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

At the end of that, I should have added that 'vaping' is illegal in bars, cafes outside or inside or anywhere in Thailand.
Illegal to buy, sell, make, import or use any form of vaping and this law is unlikely to make any U-turns in the near future.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I don't actually venture inside the bars in Soi 4, as I prefer to sit outside. Well, The Banana Room Club might be an exception if they put something on stage worth seeing.

So the smoking was probably outside.
KeithAmbrose

Post by KeithAmbrose »

Jun wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:23 pm I don't actually venture inside the bars in Soi 4, as I prefer to sit outside. Well, The Banana Room Club might be an exception if they put something on stage worth seeing.

So the smoking was probably outside.
When I was there in September, the show was not worth going in for. Drag show deafening music. Almost all the punters ushered in by the very efficient Barkers came straight out again.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

KeithAmbrose wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:54 pm Almost all the punters ushered in by the very efficient Barkers came straight out again.
And yet these places continue to put on these shows. For who? Why?

Do I need to mention my "I Don't Get It" list?
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:08 pm
KeithAmbrose wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:54 pm Almost all the punters ushered in by the very efficient Barkers came straight out again.
And yet these places continue to put on these shows. For who? Why?

Do I need to mention my "I Don't Get It" list?
And deafening music and freezing aircon.
Jun

Post by Jun »

KeithAmbrose wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:54 pmWhen I was there in September, the show was not worth going in for. Drag show deafening music. Almost all the punters ushered in by the very efficient Barkers came straight out again.
The music wasn't deafening, but the sight of a lady boy on stage got me straight back out through the door. I wasn't there long enough to notice the temperature.

I think this bar had boys in underwear when I was last in there 3-4 years ago. I'm not sure if they still have that if I get the timing right. I won't set expectations too high.
Or are these bars on the same path as we have seen with some bars in Chiang Mai ?
Step 1: Delete the boys in underwear so they have just the shows
Step 2: Complete closure and no gogo bars.