Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:39 am I'll want to see it for myself, see what's going on, and see if what the girls do really is harassment before I decide whether I mind it.
I was merely quoting another person. One who I think is reliable.
I'm fairly sure I'll cope with it, as man has endured far worse hardships. It's not like being in Poland in 1939.

Also looking forward to your on site assessment. Divarium would be at a safe distance.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:01 pm Also looking forward to your on site assessment.
No promises as to when that on site assessment will be, but I'll get there.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:49 pm No promises as to when that on site assessment will be, but I'll get there.
I got there.

This evening I had dinner in Jomtien. I decided as long as I'm nearby, I might as well have a quick look. Maybe I was in the wrong part of the complex or something. I entered from Thappraya on the Yupins soi. I walked down as far as the Question Mark bar. No girlie bars anywhere that I saw.

Maybe it is further down the soi or in the other Jomtien Complex sois, but if there are is a girlie bar anywhere near I was, it is very well hidden . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:16 pm I entered from Thappraya on the Yupins soi. I walked down as far as the Question Mark bar. No girlie bars anywhere that I saw.
As far as I understand, Question Mark bar is now called Divarium, although to add confusion, they still have the QM2.0 sign on the wall as well as the new branding.

According to the description, the girly bar is opposite Dragon. Which means it's the second bar on the right after Divarium. I doubt you missed much.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:26 pm According to the description, the girly bar is opposite Dragon. Which means it's the second bar on the right after Divarium. I doubt you missed much.
I see. Apparently I didn't walk down far enough. I thought it was supposed to be at the beginning of the soi. Whoops!

I don't know when I'll be back there again, but next time I'll see if I can find it. I don't know why someone would open a girlie bar in Jomtien Complex, but it's definitely a unique idea. I don't know whether to be annoyed about it or whether to congratulate the owner for taking that kind of risk. Jomtien Complex is the last place I would have thought a girlie bar would appear. It will be interesting to see if it succeeds.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Unfortunately it stands more chance of success than opening a gay bar in a girly area.

Let’s hope it doesn’t catch on.

Memories of all those women in Boyztown bars.
Jun

Post by Jun »

gerefan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:12 pmLet’s hope it doesn’t catch on.
Agreed.

I'm still hoping the Dragon Noise Lounge fails, on the basis that one of the main advantages of Jomtien is all the open fronted bars which allow you to watch what's going on on the entire soi. The front of the bar should only be closed if it's a gogo.
According to the source on the other forum, the girly bar was opened by the same people from Dragon Noise Lounge. So even more of a reason to boycott the place.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

From what I've read on the Sawatdee board, the girly bar is devoid of customers and seems likely to fail.

Are we certain it is actually a girly bar at all? Perhaps it is a ladyboy bar.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:00 amAre we certain it is actually a girly bar at all? Perhaps it is a ladyboy bar.
I'm only reading what was posted elsewhere, but by a reliable source. If there are half a dozen of them in underwear, it ought to be possible to tell the difference.

Not everyone would agree, but for me a lady boy bar would be even worse, as they're even more likely to be pushy.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Jun wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:47 pm
gerefan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:12 pmLet’s hope it doesn’t catch on.
Agreed.

I'm still hoping the Dragon Noise Lounge fails, on the basis that one of the main advantages of Jomtien is all the open fronted bars which allow you to watch what's going on on the entire soi. The front of the bar should only be closed if it's a gogo.
According to the source on the other forum, the girly bar was opened by the same people from Dragon Noise Lounge. So even more of a reason to boycott the place.
Dragon Music Lounge offers both an enclosed, air conditioned, area and an outside sitting area so you can make your choice. The inside is quite nice.