Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Jun »

I was definitely fooled, admittedly from the far side of the bar.

I would still go for that bar tender ahead of some of the overweight, hairy or tattooed examples on stage. Admittedly, in over 15 years of coming to Thailand, I've not yet tried a tomboy lesbian. In practice, I'm not limited to the deteriorating choice in one bar.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:43 am
SP55 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:29 am LOL! That lad isn't a lad - but a tomboy, a lesbian female 😂
I'm afraid to ask, but how do you know?

A gay boy go-go bar seems like kind of a strange place for a lesbian to work. Unless her gender was obvious, I probably would have been fooled too.
I'm a regular customer in the bar and know almost all staff. She has worked as a bartender/cashier there for years. Not strange at all since she is not on stage and her role is to fix drinks and count money. And I would say she is an obvious female and of course not hides it, but maybe not easy to recognize from a glance across the room.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Yes, a Tomboy!
DragonMaster

Post by DragonMaster »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:43 am
SP55 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:29 am LOL! That lad isn't a lad - but a tomboy, a lesbian female 😂
I'm afraid to ask, but how do you know?

A gay boy go-go bar seems like kind of a strange place for a lesbian to work. Unless her gender was obvious, I probably would have been fooled too.
Probably a good candidate for your “I don’t get it list”.
As others have posted, she has been here for a long time and is very nice.

I’m still looking for all the overweight tubs of lard referred to previously. The majority at Winner bar are just short of anorexic if anything. Same for the criticism of Toy Boys who were said to be poor quality, fat & old. All the boys there are certainly past puberty and in their early 20’s. I wouldn’t say that’s old.😊

I suggest anyone reading these bar reports check out the bars themselves and make their own judgements. Many of the previous comments are unwarranted and reflect the views of someone who is overly critical of everything here in Pattaya.Try to enjoy what’s here while it’s still here, and if not to your liking move on.
Jun

Post by Jun »

DragonMaster wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:13 pm I’m still looking for all the overweight tubs of lard referred to previously. The majority at Winner bar are just short of anorexic if anything. Same for the criticism of Toy Boys who were said to be poor quality, fat & old.
This is just applying different standards and is no problem. All it means is the gogo bars will have to rely only on customers like yourself, whilst I and like minded customers will just go elsewhere.

There are at least 3 lads at Winner that are carrying about 3 or 4kg of excess weight, at least for people looking for skinny/slim lads. If they were professional footballers, a manager like Pep Guardiola would drop them for being out of condition. I'd estimate they are in the 22-25% range, by appearance, see link. [As in the images the body bulges out above the hips, rather than at the hips]

If you like that, fine, but I expect to see at least some skinny and cute lads on the stage of a gogo bar. I sat with a very good one in Winner last month, but haven't seen him there since.

As for the age of the lads in Toy Boys, I said some of them look "older than ideal".
The lads I've been meeting from the apps are usually between 22 and 28. The ones I classed as older than ideal in Toy Boys look quite a bit older than the ones I've been meeting. Whether they are older, or just look older is irrelevant when I'm deciding if they are candidates for an off.
Having said that not being slim is the main problem here, for me.

A friend described Toy Boys as "full of twinks". When I showed him the type I liked on Grindr, he said "maybe only 2 like that".

Fortunately, I have no problem at all finding lads in good condition in Jomtien or on the apps.
I'm not the only one with such criteria. So the gogo bars can forget about our off fees for a while.

You're welcome to apply different criteria, but I certainly couldn't describe people whose bodies bulge out above the hips as "anorexic".

https://images.app.goo.gl/P7u8yN77P1sUwx3g6
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I appreciate the bar reports, but along with it I tend toward saying some of the bar boys are not to your liking or you think some of them are overweight rather then calling them insulting terms such as 'tub of lard'. I see no necessity for that. Also, the last thing I'm interested in is looking at charts and graphics to decide on body types. I may not be getting any younger, but my own eyes still work just fine. I agree with Dragonmaster in that there is no need to be so critical and people can go and see for themselves. If some, or even all, the bar boys don't appeal to you, nothing wrong with saying so, but I don't think you're doing anyone any favors by using insulting terms to describe them.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the boys are the primary reason most gay holiday makers go to Thailand in the first place - and I believe that includes you. If some of the bars boys don't appeal to you, that's the way the cookie crumbles. The bars are having a difficult enough time these days as it is, trying to get boys to work there at all. I don't blame them for taking what they can get - even if some of them are not particularly attractive in your eyes.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I always take care not to criticize anyone by name, but there is still scope to be more diplomatic.

So let's try again:

The gogo bar offering has evolved, with fewer slim lads than 5~10 years ago*. A percentage of former customers who looked for the slimmest lads might find they need to go elsewhere now (there are PLENTY of such lads in Jomtien). Others will still find what they are after in the gogos.

How many fall in each camp, well who knows ?
Very few active board members report of recent visits. Rather than read about it, why not go and check ? Then share your findings.

I look forward to hearing all the reports of all the other active board members visiting the gogos, spending money there and describing how irresistible the boy selection is, or whatever the conclusion is.

[* I presume this language is OK. By comparison, one member describes the slim ones as anorexic and another repeatedly describes the Winner staff as not proper boys and calls into question their masculinity]
BKKDreamer

Post by BKKDreamer »

I will add my 2 cents....

I decided to retire here because HERE has more than enough guys to keep me busy and happy.....

Even with the decrease in venues to get our guys - there are still plenty around - you may just need to work a little harder to find them than in the past. I had given up hope on the Jomtien Supertown Complex because the majority are too feminine for my tastes. BUT, in reality, 20% still meet my tastes and that is more than enough, as I do not off a new guy every day of the week. Three times a week is enough for me in my old age.
pong

Post by pong »

Well, whilst now in BKK since 1 week: good, but I for myself mostly stick to a promising good one if I think I´ve found him. Does not need to be ´the prince of my dreams´ but same-same as a shop that gives dependable good service. A nice personal contact is nearly always included here in TH.
Ive read some of above: well its abundantly clear that the T-money that BiBs want is dependent on area-hence the much lower prices in SapanKwai (that is BKK) and even less in just over its imaginary border in NOnthburi, whilst still along a MRT-skytrain line since some time.
Prices in the Silom area are much higher as in other areas. On the gaygds forum seems to be a tendency to proclaim ´that is the current price' whilst omitting that this only more or less holds for that small area.
To compare PTY or even more BKK with other EUR cities in its advertising is also a bit misleading: here in TH if your bar mostly aims farang you have a continuously changing client base and have to reach out to them. Plus that this scene is also ever changing. That is much, much less so in EURopean cities.
But then I still myself do not really grasp why there have to be such a large nr of individually run tiny bars (giving thus also much chance to compare and make listings for whatever) like in Jomtien (granted, have not yet been there many yrs). Just make it a fenced off area, charge entry and let the punters peruse.
In a Thai food court you can at least read above-and usually see if you know it- what dishes they serve. A thing completely missing in these bars. Those new Sapan Kwai m2m msg shops also invented and present more info about their staff-seems to work very well. And recently even in another such shop, long established, I was presented by a line-up subdivided in ´chay thae=real men´ and ´chay gay´.
BKKDreamer

Post by BKKDreamer »

pong wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:07 am But then I still myself do not really grasp why there have to be such a large nr of individually run tiny bars (giving thus also much chance to compare and make listings for whatever) like in Jomtien (granted, have not yet been there many yrs). Just make it a fenced off area, charge entry and let the punters peruse.
In a Thai food court you can at least read above-and usually see if you know it- what dishes they serve. A thing completely missing in these bars. Those new Sapan Kwai m2m msg shops also invented and present more info about their staff-seems to work very well. And recently even in another such shop, long established, I was presented by a line-up subdivided in ´chay thae=real men´ and ´chay gay´.
Pong, I love what you wrote above. I love this idea.
I had proposed an alternative idea - which was to put BIG QR codes on all of the guys in the Jomtien Complex and like they used to do years back in BoyzTown have them parade through the Complex so that as they walk by - us falangs - we can capture their QR codes with our mobile phones which would open a type of information page about the guy:

- a little biography about him,
- where he works - which bar or massage shop in the complex,
- his contact information - LINE ID,
- activities that he likes to do outside of the bar,
- any fees for different activities.

This would make meeting the guys and the selection process SO much easier than it currently is....

But everytime I have proposed this QR idea - similar to your Thai FoodCourt idea - it has been rejected for being too high tech.....

So, back to the manual SLOW process of getting to know the guys.....