Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:34 am Sad to report, the Girly Bar in Jomtien Complex is gone
A tragedy of epic proportions . . .
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I had written off Dream Boys of Bangkok as a place not worthy of a visit for any reason but tonight July 15-16 Friday night it seem that Dream Boys is making it's way back to the best gogo bar in da worl-d. Well, maybe not the whole world.

There were over 60 boys on stage shirtless and in jeans in two rotating shifts. There were a variety of types from boy-next-door to masculine and even a few what might be called twinks. Some were old regulars from various bars now closed as well as many new faces. I thought the overall quality was good.

The house was pretty much full of customers by 22:30. The Asian tourists have started returning and as usual some of the younger ones were real eye candy. They come and go in groups. Getting back to 80% Asian, 20% farang ratio.

The show started 22:30. Coyote dancers, lip sync lady-men X4, erotic dancing, acrobatic sex performances, etc. The sex performers were former hotmale, Classic and other now defunct bars of the Twilight era. The second show starts at 23:45 after the boys return to the stage for 15 min or so. It's basically an all new show but to the old standard well worn disco era genre.

Very loud music and no seat in the house can escape high db levels. Clean air, no smoking allowed.

Drinks 400-500, off 500. Probably expected short-time 2000. I had a mixed drink and it was pretty strong.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Trongpai wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:25 am I had written off Dream Boys of Bangkok as a place not worthy of a visit for any reason but tonight July 15-16 Friday night it seem that Dream Boys is making it's way back to the best gogo bar in da worl-d.
Firstly, thank you for sharing your findings with us.
I have also written Dream Boys off as being unworthy of a visit. We all have different expectations, but from your description, I find little to change my views & it's a fail on a number of criteria.

To get me in, a bar can choose one of two models:
Gogo model: Underwear + cute twinks + low~mid music volume. To fund the entertainment in underwear I accept expensive drinks.
The shows usually result in me leaving.

Host bar model: clothes + cute twinks + low music volume. In view of the clothed staff, I expect lower drink prices.

Which part of the Dream Boys experience did you enjoy ?
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Jun wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:26 am Which part of the Dream Boys experience did you enjoy ?
My perspective on the bars is from a long time expat and not as a sex tourist though I was a tourist before I moved here full time. This visit to Dream Boys was with my BF and not a free agent, so to speak. The BF knows many of the staff and they had told him of Dream Boys recent revival and he wanted to visit. Even though Dream Boys had a lot to offer I will probably not be going back anytime soon.

In Bangkok for a night out with the BF, farang friends, new friends, Dinner With Andre or LINE "friends-Special" we go to other bars such as:
no specific order

Vespar
Above 11
The Havana Social Club
Something Craft
Octave Rooftop Lounge & Bar
Speak Easy, 24the floor of the Muse
Club 24
Tawandang German Brewery (three locations)
Waterside
Ekamai Beer House
And others that no one here likely has ever heard of as well as the bars and restaurants on Silom soi 4.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

Trongpai wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:25 am
There were over 60 boys on stage shirtless and in jeans in two rotating shifts. There were a variety of types from boy-next-door to masculine and even a few what might be called twinks. Some were old regulars from various bars now closed as well as many new faces. I thought the overall quality was good.
It is good to hear that the Bangkok go-go bars are reviving. Perhaps I will make a trip to Bangkok soon...
Jun

Post by Jun »

Trongpai wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:46 pmI will probably not be going back anytime soon.
I understand why.

I haven't been into Dream Boys for years and am unlikely to change that soon.

I'm hoping for a return to form at Fresh Boys and the reopening of Screw Boys, with some cute twinks. The likes of Dream Boys, Moonlight, Jupiter, Tawan and Hot Male have almost zero chance of my business.
Definitely zero chance for any bar that combines large men on stage, jeans and loud music. Any one of the 3 offences is a fail and if they have the full set, I'm past caring.

If none of the gogo bars step up to the plate, I'll just carry on with Grindr.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

This evening I went to nice Nice Boys saw 5 or 6 boys I’ve seen for at least the past 5 years had a drink and left, looked in Winner no customers and 2 very skinny fem boys…..I didn’t have a drink and left.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
SP55

Post by SP55 »

I am an Pattaya expat and visit the gogo bars every week. I have earlier posted reports that the 2 remaining gogo-bars in Sunee is doing well, but that I'm disappointed with the 4 remaining in Boyztown area.
I can update that the situation has improved alot in the gogos lately!

Toyboys, Dreamboys and X-boys now all usually have 10+ boys every night. And the discipline has improved - the management is keeping the boys up on stage.

Wednesday night I visited Toyboys. 9 handsome gogo-boys on stage in individual underwear - thankfully the jeans are gone! There might have been 1-2 more boys running around. Good quality boys. Good rotation on stage. The management is doing a good job and I feel Toyboys is on its way back to its former glory.
Customer drink 240 baht, boydrink 250 baht (up 10 baht!). Off fee 500.

Dreamboys had 10 boys. Also here very good selection of boys. A beer was 180 baht. Boydrink 250 baht. Off fee 500 baht.

From earlier visits X-boys is doing well. Last time I was there drink was only 150 baht.

A-bomb seem not so busy. But on my last visit they had 8 boys. As usual a bit bigger and more muscular than the other gogo-bars.

All of these 4 gogos I think is worth a visit. But Winnerboys and Niceboys in Sunee plaza still the best imho.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Undaunted wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:20 am This evening I went to nice Nice Boys saw 5 or 6 boys I’ve seen for at least the past 5 years had a drink and left, looked in Winner no customers and 2 very skinny fem boys…..I didn’t have a drink and left.
I'm surprised to hear that. It just shows the bars can change alot depending on what time you visit.

I visited Niceboys late Wednesday evening and had a great time. 8 unshy boys. Several of them have been in the bar less than one year such as Geng, Bon and a couple of which I don't remember names of. And I think most of them are handsome.

I was in Winnerboys about 8:30 pm and there were about 6-7 cute gayboys and 1 more manly muscular boy. 4-5 customers of which several sitting with boys. Cheap drinks, cute boys - no complaints from me 😊
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Continuing with Bangkok Bar Reports. Last night July 27 I was alerted by a friend that the Banana Men's Club on Silom 4 is now a gogo. Banana was one of the first leaving soi Twilight when it was rumored that the soi was closing. It was first upstairs and was a cauldron of smokers but none the less it was the same gogo it had been on Twilight. Then it closed the gogo format and became a host bar for a long time. Next with another change in ownership it became a live music bar. Several bars have tried the live music approach and it does not seem to take well. Now, it' s back to full gogo format.

There were around 25 boys, shirtless and in white gym type shorts. They were mostly on the twink side of the spectrum with the lowest tattoo count that I've seen in any bar recently. Whoever hired these boys must not like tattoos. I did not recognize any of the boys from other bars or from pre COVID times. They were all new to me and a few really caught my eye.

There was an interesting stage presentation of the boys a la Bert Parks style with a ladyboy singer. Down the stairs, cat walk and move on and about.
Something new, I liked it.

Drinks 350, boy drink 250, off 500. Two shows 2145, 2300.

They had converted two floor into one with a lot of height with good ventilation so smoke was not a big problem unless you were seated next to a chain smoker. Music level was tolerable. Chairs could have been more comfortable, padded but still hard.

The show consisted of boy towel dancers, four lady boy lip sync, a shower show, blow job shows and a big cock show with the sapping on the pole routine. A little too heavy on the ladyboy acts.

There was a real annoying black suited mamasan who harassed and pawed most of the customers. I think a few actually left prematurely because of him. I was seated where he could not sit next to me but he tried to saddle in but I would not give him space. He was present with his hand out when the waiter returned with change or would block the exit with his hand extended. Some gave in but others pushed him aside. You have to wonder why the owner, not on site on my visit, thinks this is a good business model.

There were about 20 customers. During my time there I did not notice anyone inviting a boy to sit with them or did I noticed an off. Maybe there were some later. Women customers out numbered the men. Youngish really big bottom females in gaggles. Where do they find their pants with that much rear end material? I wondered if they were more comfortable in the seats then I was. They were all rather annoying.