Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:18 pm Toy Boys need to be at least down to the underwear for me to be a customer.
Plenty to guess about these days. I know of no regulations that say the boys have to be wearing jeans. I have neither seen nor heard any reports of the police going around telling the bars the boys have to be in jeans. The only rule I know of is the boys at least have to be wearing something that covers their genitals. And if the girlie go-gos have their dancers topless or fully nude, then what's the problem about boys doing the same thing?

Oh yes - how foolish of me. I forgot that sex is something bad . . .

I have no idea why these bars have their boys in jeans or what they're waiting for regarding wearing underwear, but my own guess is the underwear will eventually be back. I hope so, anyway.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:12 pm I have no idea why these bars have their boys in jeans or what they're waiting for regarding wearing underwear, but my own guess is the underwear will eventually be back. I hope so, anyway.
Market forces should see off the jeans, at least if it is our community keeping the bars open.
See poll result: https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/ ... -bar-poll/

In the absence of large numbers of Chinese visitors, the gogo bars probably have to appeal to our community, as who else is going to keep them open ?

Since almost 2/3rds will visit less frequently if the boys are in jeans, the answer is clear.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Niceboys had 15 boys yesterday when I was there. A handful of new boys. Many of them fit goodlooking boys. About 12-13 customers during my stay. Really fun bar worth visiting.
The move to the new premises seem to have been put on hold and the new Forest house bar has not been open lately.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:47 pm The move to the new premises seem to have been put on hold and the new Forest house bar has not been open lately.
This might be an outbreak of common sense.

Beer cost in Nice Boys = 200 baht. So we know that's a gross margin of of least 160 baht, by comparison with 7-eleven beer prices.
Beer cost in Sunee Beer bars = 70~80 baht. So that's a gross margin of 30~40 baht.
(maybe slightly more in both cases)

The typical Sunee beer bar had about 1~2 customers, which cannot pay the bills with such a low gross margin. This is exactly what the Forest House downstairs premises have to compete with.

Nice Boys seems to attract more customers than the nearby beer bars. So more customers and a gross margin of 4~5x higher might give them a chance of offsetting all the other overheads and turning a profit.
The only way I see the Forest House move working is if they exploited the upstairs Tom Yum location to provide an even more raunchy offering than Nice Boys.
If they added some cute twinks to the existing "rough trade", they might even broaden the customer base to include people like me.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Jun wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:00 pm This might be an outbreak of common sense.
I agree with what you write. But it was their intention to use the above facility as a gogo bar. And late hours also as a boy karaoke bar. And Forest house as a beerbar with some hosts. I don't know why that plan did not realize yet.

I've seen many people call the boys in Niceboys "rough trade" on the different gayboards. I think that may be from experiences back in time? I think the boys they have now is a nice mix of types. They are all straight though. But several of these current boys definitely would be categorized "cute twink" types by my standard.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

The only bar/Gogo I visit is Nice Boys as I like straight boys and make no mistake they are capable of anything a gay boy is capable of with the exception of all the bullshit like “you no love me you no buy me iPhone etc.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:02 pm I've seen many people call the boys in Niceboys "rough trade" on the different gayboards. I think that may be from experiences back in time?
In my case, it's from every time I've visited Nice Boys in recent years. Which is admittedly only about once a year on average, as it's not my cup of tea. I think my last off from here was 21 Dec 2016.

For convenience, having copied the idea from another board member, I apply the "rough trade" term to their lads who are scruffy & usually covered in tattoos. They are not necessarily in good shape, compared with what I expect of a gogo boy & may smoke.

If anyone can suggest a better term, I might start using it. I couldn't call them cute twinks & we need to distinguish between what's on offer here and what might be expected at, for example, Toy Boys.
Undaunted wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:39 pm The only bar/Gogo I visit is Nice Boys as I like straight boys and make no mistake they are capable of anything a gay boy is capable of with the exception of all the bullshit like “you no love me you no buy me iPhone etc.
When were you last there & how was your visit ?
It would be nice to hear about it in the Bar Reports thread.

My last visit was Dec 2021. They were wearing jeans and mostly avoiding the stage. For the first time in 5 years, they had a boy who I thought was slightly interesting, but he spent the whole time engrossed in something on his phone. So I left him at it.

As for the boys I do meet, well I just don't get any "you no love me, you no buy me iPhone BS". They show up, do the job and are appreciative of what they do leave with.
Only a very small percentage of them have asked for money other than when they earn it.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Very good current Jomtien Complex information has been posted on the Sawatdee board.

See: https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthre ... en-Complex
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:38 amJomtien Complex information has been posted on the Sawatdee board.
That link now includes a report of a girly bar opposite the Dragon Noise Lounge, where "Young ladies in skimpy underwear now harrass people walking past".

Not a good development. Looking for positives, ideally some of the gay bars might see that and raise their game by putting their boys out in underwear, but I'm being far too optimistic by even thinking that might happen.

It's just a pity they didn't get that rainbow road painted, in order to clearly mark out the territory.

However, I cope OK with the gay bars in Patpong, alongside the girly bars, so I'll probably survive the encroachment in Jomtien.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:44 pm That link now includes a report of a girly bar opposite the Dragon Noise Lounge, where "Young ladies in skimpy underwear now harrass people walking past".
I'll want to see it for myself, see what's going on, and see if what the girls do really is harassment before I decide whether I mind it.