Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:42 am Niceboys in Sunee plaza was very busy
Somebody must be doing something right. Based on your experience and observations, why do you think Niceboys is getting a good number of customers while other bars are not? Why do you think many more boys want to work there than at the other go-go bars?
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

I think the owner aggressively pursues new recruits. All the regulars from last year are gone except for one or two. They are probably thinking that they’ll make money working there and give it a try. Eventually they realize they can’t make much but many stay as they are provided food and some shelter. Many will leave. It’s similar to Chaturbate, newbie’s think they’re going to make money and come to the realization that they won’t. Then they are replaced by others with the same ambition. Meanwhile Chaturbate makes money off of all of them.

Customers must be attracted to the sleaze factor. Stuff happens here that doesn’t in other go go bars. Adding to the sleaze factor is the bathroom area, where no water runs,lol.

The other go go in the area is much cleaner with good working bathrooms, yet is not as popular.
BKKDreamer

Post by BKKDreamer »

New or not new - how to define this bar.

I get an invite in Hornet to come to the "new" Zoomer Bar, which is found in the small alleyway (behind the Bamboo bar) where the D.D. Inn is in Jomtien, near Beach road.
If you know where the Pirate Bay Cafe is - it is in that alley way right after the D.D. Inn is located.
I asked around about the history of this bar before going and everyone told me - no, that is a Lady bar - as that alleyway is known for that.
So, after visiting the Pattaya fireworks last night, I asked my Thai friend to accompany me there.
As I am new here - I don't know the history and backstory like many of you more senior experienced members.
We met with the 2 gay guys (the ones who sent me invites on Hornet) who are manager bar workers there. I ask them if I can interview them as it was confusing to me what kind of bar this is and why is it outside of the Jomtien Supertown Complex?
He points to a "Lady" and tells me that she is the owner and previously that this was a Lady bar. The 2 brothers talked her into repurposing the bar into a gay bar - which they are now doing. By the way, they are ALL from Isaan - hence the connection.

While we were there - only for 1 drink - as we were VERY tired after attending the Pattaya fireworks show - we saw:

2 cute / sexy straight masculine guys playing pool. When I asked about their status I was told that they can be offed and that 1 of the 2 was already reserved by a falang customer who had not yet arrived,
1 Lady - the owner - I assume that she is a real woman,
1 Ladyboy - she was older and not sexy at all - perhaps left over from this bar's previous life ?
2 waiter/manager gay brothers - super friendly and willing to answer any of your questions,
1 falang that was sitting by himself,
3 falangs - a group that entered during our visit - they all seemed to know very well the 2 gay brothers who are managing the place
1 semi-waiter that was also available to be offed

I hope that this new reincarnated bar can survive being outside of the Jomtien Complex (JC). I asked the 2 brothers, why did you not put your new bar inside of JC, and their response was that since their bar was in this small hidden alleyway behind the famous Bamboo bar, he said that the clients would have more privacy. He said that if they had put their bar in Supertown - then their clients would not have the privacy that they can have in this hidden location.

It made me wonder - privacy for what? We did not see any hankypank (sleezy behavior) taking place.

Perhaps it gets more interesting later in the night ?? We were there around 10:30pm.
Jun

Post by Jun »

BKKDreamer wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:24 pm I hope that this new reincarnated bar can survive being outside of the Jomtien Complex (JC). I asked the 2 brothers, why did you not put your new bar inside of JC, and their response was that since their bar was in this small hidden alleyway behind the famous Bamboo bar, he said that the clients would have more privacy. He said that if they had put their bar in Supertown - then their clients would not have the privacy that they can have in this hidden location.

It made me wonder - privacy for what? We did not see any hankypank (sleezy behavior) taking place.

Perhaps it gets more interesting later in the night ?? We were there around 10:30pm.
Thank you for the report and bringing this to our attention. It's a little disappointing that the boy selection doesn't match my preferences.

1 I've seen people writing that the rents in JC are quite high, so that would be one good reason to try their luck with a business outside the complex. Demand for premises around by DD can't be that high. The next soi along has a row of newer shop units and I've never seen a single one of those let out during my 15 years or so visiting Thailand.

2 The privacy question is a good one. As you suggest, the obvious move would be to try and offer a bit more hanky panky than in JC.
Is this on the site of the former Kit Cat Lounge Club ? The closed front and images suggested that they were at least offering something titillating for their straight customers. Although, that could always be implying they offer more than you get in practice.
Another privacy aspect is that if you off a boy on the main drag of JC, everyone else gets to see this. I don't see that as a major problem, but I do have a slight preference for the old closed fronted gogo bar scene, where as long as you off boys from different bars, they're unlikely to see who you're offing.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The Shamelessmack article begins with:
“Why are the boys wearing long trousers?” I ask the papasan.

“Many customer complain,” he replies, unburdening his frustration. “I tell my boss many times, but he wants it this way.”
Ok, the boss wants it that way. He didn't say why the boss wants it that way, but fine with me. Maybe there is a good reason and maybe not. For me it doesn't matter. Since I don't care for it that way, my money will be spent elsewhere.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Shameless Mack clearly has more tolerance for this than I do. Early in 2022, I got as far as their door, saw them in jeans and left.

If I'm paying for a premium product, I expect to get the premium product, not poor excuses.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Bangkok.
New Twilight. This has been rebranded as "The Queen Club" and was closed. So that didn't last long.
Nature Boy/Golden Cock. Looking through the door, I saw one lad in jeans lying on a sofa and kept walking.
Super A. I was quoted 200 baht for a drink, but saw 3 fully dressed lads sat in there, so I didn't stay. An expensive and scruffy host bar. What is the point ?
Tawan was open, but as I like twinks, I kept walking.
Screwboys still closed, sadly.
Fresh Boys. Lads in shorts. Not just any shorts, but really awful ones. I explained why I wasn't staying and moved on. Going past Hot Male, noting lads in jeans.
Downstairs is a Hot Male host bar. Drinks 130 baht and boy drink 130 baht. This is a better price point for any bar that has clothed staff. A host bar, with host bar dress code matched by host bar prices. Unlike the gogo bars, with host bar dress code and gogo bar prices. I stopped for a couple of drinks and met a rather nice Lao lad.
On past Dream Boys, which has moved up to occupy the former Lucky Boys?? premises. I didn't bother looking, based on past experience of it being a twink free zone.
On towards Soi 4, noting all of the girlie bars seem to offer girls in underwear for their customers. Visible through open doors, or even stood outside their bars. Only the gay gogo bars have let dress code standards slip such that the bars are almost irrelevant.

Soi 4 was reasonably busy for a Thursday.

From memory, I haven't actually been a customer of a BKK gogo bar since December 2020, when on my first day out of quarantine, Fresh Boys had lads in delightful thin white underwear. Which is what I expect to see if the drinks cost 350baht.

The phone apps work well.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Your report, Jun, constitutes the next item on my "I Don't Get It" list. What's with all these go-go bars having their boys in jeans? I doubt that's because the boys have become shy. Somehow go-go boys and shyness don't mix - similar to an oxymoron. If a boy is shy about his body, I would think the last place he would look for work would be a go-go bar.

Has some sort of ordinance been passed that we don't know about? And if so, then why are the girls allowed to wear as skimpy as they want?

Something just doesn't make any sense.

I remember when the boys were fully nude in some of the Bangkok go-go bars of yesteryear - as many as 30 of them in some bars. Now they can't even be presented in underwear? Whose idea is that? And why?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:30 am I remember when the boys were fully nude in some of the Bangkok go-go bars of yesteryear - as many as 30 of them in some bars. Now they can't even be presented in underwear? Whose idea is that? And why?
I don't get it either.
I'm told that the men in Tawan are all in underwear, but as I'm interested in twinks, there's no point in going there.
If a bar wants me to pay 350 baht or more for a drink, they need some cute & undressed lads on stage.

The New Twilight facebook page has photos with what appears to be an entirely Asian customer base. Perhaps that's what they want, although since that bar has already turned into the Queen Club, it does not seem to have been a success.

Incidentally, I would bet that there are still girly bars in Bangkok and Pattaya with full nudity.