Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Gaybutton »

BKKDreamer wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:25 pm So, back to the manual SLOW process of getting to know the guys.....
Speaking only for myself, I believe that's the best way anyhow. I, for one, prefer to get to know the boy as a person. The high tech way is too much like shopping for a commodity to suit my tastes. If I want to shop for a piece of meat, I'll go to a grocery store. I think making it too high tech also makes it too impersonal.
BKKDreamer

Post by BKKDreamer »

GB, I also still like the personal approach - I am just suggesting a way to streamline the process to get to the guys that would meet my needs.
Too much time and $money% is wasted on the current approach - you sit down in a bar, you chat with a guy, you buy him a drink, you find out that he is not your type, you pay your bill, and you move onto the next guy. Then you repeat the process, and you believe that he is the one and you bring him home and it is a disaster in bed. So, back to the bars and start all over again.

Having the QR code with his bio and contact details you can cut through so much of the above wasted time and money....
Jun

Post by Jun »

BKKDreamer wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:35 pm Having the QR code with his bio and contact details you can cut through so much of the above wasted time and money....
Would the customers be happy to wear a QR code ? I wouldn't be. Then when the QR code effectively states that he's from Cambodia or Lao and working at XYZ bar, its closer to documenting their status as an illegal bar employee.

So far on this trip, most boys I've bought a drink for were guys I knew already via Grindr.
There are 3 more who I didn't know well before, who also got drinks.
A delightful Lao guy, who I hooked up with
An adorable gogo boy, who I sadly haven't seen in the bar since
A lovely Khmer lad who I've seen somewhere before covid, but had never offed. So far. I like him a lot too.

In a host bar I prefer to at least let them introduce themselves before ordering a drink. That little test improves the odds of spending the few hundred baht on someone I like being with.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

BKKDreamer wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:35 pm I am just suggesting a way to streamline the process
If anyone ever comes up with a high tech way, without losing the personal touch or putting the boy in some sort of legal jeopardy, then I might be in favor of it - or at least giving it a try. But I don't foresee bar owners going for it even if it could become a reality. Then again, when mobile phones first came out I didn't see much use for it. Now I can't imagine being without it.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Bars don't want the process to be too streamlined, as they clearly want you to stay there and buy drinks.

I think the optimum way for a host bar to operate is for boys to look out for customers who might be interested, then greet them and say a few words. Then carry on
The relaxed Lao boy who just started talking to me in one BKK host bar with no pressure to buy a drink got his drink, his tip and a short time tip another day.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The Bangkok bar scene has finally reached the stage where there's nothing of interest to me.

There are 3 types of bar that would get me in:
1 Gogo bars with cute and slim lads in underwear. I'm prepared to pay up for this, even 350-400 baht.
2 Host bars with attractive but not pushy hosts and moderate music volume
3 A beer bar with reasonable prices and moderate music volume

The gogo bar scene is effectively finished. We'll, I'm told that Tawan still has lads in underwear and later on, some wear nothing. However, they are not even close to the type of lad I like.

Soi 4 now has unpleasantly loud music and lady men hogging the limelight in the middle of the street and spoiling the view. Very few cute boys. No reason to put up with the noise.

Then we have the Patpong host bars. The downstairs part of Fresh Male host bar has the music too loud. The upstairs part is quieter, but they have stools for seating. I like to sit on something comfortable.
The Dragon host bar (or whatever it's called) suffers from pushy staff. They have few customers, so perhaps I'm not the only one who is put off visiting.

The net result of this is that I rarely venture out to the bars now. One short bar visit out of my last 6 nights in Bangkok.
Plenty of boys on the apps.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Jun wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:57 am The Bangkok bar scene has finally reached the stage where there's nothing of interest to me.

The gogo bar scene is effectively finished. We'll, I'm told that Tawan still has lads in underwear and later on, some wear nothing. However, they are not even close to the type of lad I like.
I don't understand what you mean about gogos? Do none other gogo bar than Tawan now have boys in underwear? I haven't been to Bangkok in a long time, but arrived now and plan to check out the agogos. Last time I was here Freshboys and Hotmales had boys in underwear and explicit shows. Drinkprices were 350 or so.
If drinks are even more expensive now and boys have too much clothes, I'll give the bars a pass.

Last time I tried Tawan bar even if those men are not my type. Just to see how the bar was. I was horrified to see that even that bars show contained ladyboys lip sync. And the average age of the men was probably around 35-40.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:17 pm I don't understand what you mean about gogos? Do none other gogo bar than Tawan now have boys in underwear? I haven't been to Bangkok in a long time, but arrived now and plan to check out the agogos. Last time I was here Freshboys and Hotmales had boys in underwear and explicit shows. Drinkprices were 350 or so.
If drinks are even more expensive now and boys have too much clothes, I'll give the bars a pass.
I mean none of the BKK gogos have the type of cute twink boy I like in underwear.

1 Freshboys had very nice underwear in Dec 2020, but it's been horrible shorts since.
2 Screwboys remains closed. I think the sign on the door means the premises are available for rent.
3 None of the other remaining bars have the type of boy I like, so I tend not to bother with those. I have got as far as the doorway of Hotmale gogo, only to see boys in jeans.
4.A prominent contributor on another forum has visited them all and says only Tawan has underwear. He says the guys there are nowhere near the type I like, which confirms what I have observed from spending 15 years walking past their premises.

There are a long list of reasons why I don't go near other bars like Moonlight, including jeans, wrong type of boy, painfully loud music and high prices. Difficult to make it less appealing to me. I suppose they could replace the seats with a bed of nails ?

I couldn't care less if drink prices are the same or more at these gogos.
If the boys are in jeans, that's not what I call a gogo, it's like a host bar. So they need to charge host bar prices.

You can see boys in jeans at Double Shot in Jomtien, whilst paying 100 baht per drink. That's a host bar, charging host bar prices. No shirts after 10:00 pm, so dress code like many BKK gogo bars. Just drinks at about a quarter of the price.

Of course there is still underwear on show in Patpong. The staff at the girly gogo bars can be seen out in the streets in it.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I can remember the days when some of the Bangkok bars were filled with boys totally naked, let alone in skimpy underwear. I don't understand why these days many of the go-go bars have their boys in jeans. To me that makes no sense. Even in Florida, where I come from, the go-go bars never had boys in jeans. They were always in skimpy underwear and g-strings.

Has anyone actually asked these go-go bars why the boys are in jeans? If anyone has, I'd sure like to know what the bars are saying.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:59 pm I can remember the days when some of the Bangkok bars were filled with boys totally naked, let alone in skimpy underwear. I don't understand why these days many of the go-go bars have their boys in jeans.
Agreed. They are also not going to get my money.
Gaybutton wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:59 pmHas anyone actually asked these go-go bars why the boys are in jeans? If anyone has, I'd sure like to know what the bars are saying.
Someone on one of the forums recently asked at Hotmale.
He was told the police demand more tea money, if the boys wear underwear.
For me, that's the only answer that makes sense. Why else would we see other gogo bars, including in Pattaya randomly put their boys out in jeans for a few days ? As has been seen several times over the years.
Of course, as I said, the girls are still in underwear, a few yards down the road in Patpong.

None of this matters very much.
All that does matter is I might pay 350-400 baht to watch cute lads in underwear, but if they're wearing any more than that, the pricing needs to get at host bar level. It isn't, so I'm not a customer.

At the moment, the Bangkok bar scene offers nothing of interest to me. I believe I'm not the only board member reaching such a conclusion.